• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

How do you find delta 8 thc compared to regular thc 9 flower

Stimfreak2234

Bluelighter
I haven’t smoked actual weed in awhile, and I been smoking delta 8 carts, up until recently. I could smoke hit after hit of delta 8 and get reasonably high but not too high. But after just smoking three hits of regular delta 9 thc, I got really high and anxious. How do they compare in strengths for you personally?

i dont have any experience to go from so this is what ive noted from other users.
Delta 8 is meant to be a milder experience and some people actually prefer delta 8 over delta 9 for the same reason as the experience you describe.
THC is something stronger and can either require a short adjustment time (of where you get to enjoy a super low tolerance and have maybe only one or two hits from a cart) which quickly builds and you'll miss the days where 3 hits will fuck you up , or you might just be sensitive to THC and never enjoy it fully

I have tried a bunch of these and it seems like if you have a tolerance to delta 9 none of it really works for me unless I come off a break
D8 is semisynthetic so while naturally occurring molecule it's essentially synthesized in a lab because the plant makes so little of it.
The good: Produces less anxiety, and paranoia, gets you less high
The bad : it gets you less high, you don't really know where it's coming from, there's really no oversight in the market, pretty much all D8 products
are hit or miss some work some don't

D8 flower definitely has drawbacks everything I've had has been covered in D8 oil leading me to believe there is no D8 flower just don't exist
D8 carts are probably okay if you want less high, paranoia and anxiety good for those that want to but had to give up the real thing
but again not all D8 is created equal websites on package usually don't work so do you actually know what your getting or what they put in it
D8 edibles some work if I havent been smoking not all of them though

D8 has some perks for the People who are adversely affected and get parsnoia/anxiety from D9. prohibition states well it's there and available.
I'd Personally support my local neighborhood small business

I've been using a blend of synthetic or semi synthetic cannabinoids called the blackout blend that is pretty good.

It has three different delta 9 esters aka thc-x, delta 10, delta 8, tetrahydrocannabutol, something called 4-hydrox-phc aka phc, and thc-p. I don't know wtf the last two are but it's a potent Marijuana replacement that's legal right now.

That's cool to see them doing a "full spectrum" blend! might actually have more of an effect the distillate/terp cart actually. the 4-hydrox-phc from what I understand is a CBD varient thats signalling t receptor I'm gonna not sure which and that thc-p is a d9 anolog apparently 33x more active at the receptors so on paper it's more powerful

That's cool to see them doing a "full spectrum" blend! might actually have more of an effect the distillate/terp cart actually. the 4-hydrox-phc from what I understand is a CBD varient thats signalling t receptor I'm gonna not sure which and that thc-p is a d9 anolog apparently 33x more active at the receptors so on paper it's more powerful
My buddies and my lady friend all like this blackout blend. Me too. I'm not blacking out but I'm high.

I’m gonna have to try and find some online if not I might be able to find all the individual oils and mix em up probably not cost effective though

I’m gonna have to try and find some online if not I might be able to find all the individual oils and mix em up probably not cost effective though
The brand is zombi extrax purple urkle blackout blend. Local smoke shop has the 2g carts for $25.

That’s actually really not bad the non-d9 carts are stupid expensive around these parts going for 35-50 a cart and d9 is like 65 a gram

I don't even vape or smoke anymore either one. Too rough on my ol lungs. I do edibles of either and both. I got a tincher called ultra relax full spectrum delta8.
It's delta8,CBD,cbg,cbc,cbn,CBDv, in liquid. Roughly 25 mg per ml.
One dose I'm relaxed
Two doses I eat literally everything I get my hands on before passing out and sleeping for 10 hours.

Delta 9 - 30 mgs on hard candy
One piece everything is hilarious
Two pieces I'm afraid of everything

I just alternate days to keep my tolerance down.

High doses of delta8 are just as terrifying as hash oil brownies you aren't prepared for. That's mainly why I'm so picky with the company that is producing the product because if they don't make something right and it's not quantified correctly you will go absolutely into space which may not be a desirable effect if you have a work meeting and say 45 minutes or so

Last edited:
to me, with no tolerance d8 seems to be about 75% as potent as d9 (guesstimate). d8 consumed orally (once the proper dosage is reached, respective of the potency difference) has as much potential for psychedelia as oral d9... maybe more, but different. d9 has more of the existential trepidation. and flighty thoughts (d9 pipe dreams aplenty).

with tolerance, the d8 generates a much lower inhalation ceiling... so smoking everyday becomes useless; with d9, i can still get high smoking everyday, although it's certainly not as smacked as i get after a t- break.

also, oral tolerance goes up seemingly exponentially with d8, whereas it's a gentler slope with d9.

Seems like most folks have similar results.
I only do D8 edibles.

If I haven't smoked in a while, D8 will get me pretty high for a couple few days. Trouble is, after those few days I have a fairly high tolerance which applies to D9 as well.
Starting with smoking regular flower, my tolerance goes up much more slowly.
So I will buy no more D8, it's not worth the tolerance. Flower is so easy to get these days even in a non-legal state.

I bought a bunch when it first came around since walking into a store and buying any form of THC made my dick hard. I'm just using it up.

On the positive side, it has pretty darn good use medically.
If you have a tolerance and it doesn't get you high, the medical effects seem to have much less tolerance. Makes sense since it hits CB2 receptors harder. So, it's good for pain relief, etc., while not getting you too high. My grandson does it at work when he needs to function.

Yeah I look for delta 8 if I have the money. It sells out quick around here and the owner ordered it because I am comfortable with this over other derivatives. just haven't dad the cash to get any yet. Oh well.
But weed over delta 8 would be my vote if ya had a poll.

Sorry just re read the title so I didn't contribute to the topic
But def d8 over a bud of d9 just doesn't fit with me. Not liking the buds sprayed or whatever they do to em. Yeah I tried and trash a few brief encounters with synth bud.
Peace

I used d8 in edibles for a while but daily use made my tolerance absolutely skyrocket to the point where I was using nearly a gram of d8 at a time, I think I got there in under a month.

While it did feel way more chill than d9 it was also much easier to use a ton of it. Now I like taking tiny hits off d9 carts periodically and I don't hold them in or it sets me off with anxiety.