• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

How do you deal with people making you rehash psychedelic lessons?

ParappaTheRapper

Ex-Bluelighter
To start off dont get me wrong this isnt a psuedoguru thread. But if you have a buddy who trips, he knows 7 hours could make a new person.

If you hypothetically have 30 good trips in a year, but not the trip, the lessons, its frustrating to back pedal, let alone explain it.

So how do people deal with the frustration of family or friends who make you cycle back like ten thousand lessons and life changes?

I always think of the incubus song "circles"

Any ideas? I dont like accepting that negative,
draining people cant change.

Is altruism always a weakness?

I'm not sure if this helps, but one fortune from a cookie said, "a brain, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original shape". Think of actually tripping as stretching a rubber band; you're almost to the 'breaking point', but you spring back. Afterwards the rubber band is a little looser. It's still a rubber band, but it has new memories.

if you think dealing with ordinary things and family are back pedalling, then the lessons learned were not well learned enough.

you have to keep going back until every situation can benefit from your "mental flexibility strength and agility"
most of that has to do with letting go of baggage, and having a good attitude in store for when you land.

you learn to land on your feet or with a good sense of humor or both having emerged from "hyperspace" into random situations.

even after learning about the attitude trick, you still probably have to go back:
the other part of psychedelic is good clean fun.