How do you deal with intrusive thoughts?

I always have to remind myself that it's just my OCD brain playing some stupid little trick on me that doesn't mean anything and can't hurt me. They still upset me though.

I always have ones where I picture myself doing something that makes someone else sad, but that I would never do or have the desire to do in real life. Like, someone will give me a beautiful gift and I'll imagine breaking it or throwing it away in front of them.

The mind is a silly little organ, isn't it?
:rolleyes:

I hope your doing well now and safe. What kind of drugs are you using. From my own experience any drug you put in your body it changes the "natural' flow of the actual chemicals the brain needs, opiates coke benzos etc...ive had those same thoughts for years and for me they just got worse and worse after prolonged drug use..being clean (of course after your clean long enough to purge your body of these chemicals) you go thru a metamorphosis literally like a catapiller to a butterfly.. and when your brain starts working with the chemicals its needs naturally those thoughts have gone away for me.. this is after 3 decades of an unfathomable amount of drugs most cant even comprehend... once clean my brain patterns changed drastically... personally i always thought i woukd think that way as well as being just depressed... i actually thought i had chronic depression and intrusive thoughts for life.. so did some doctors. And im not preaching to be clean it was just my experience..once you change the way the brain produces and uses chemicals.. its not a natural brain anymore..
And will never work the way it was intended to. Its almost like watering a plant with gasoline.. it just wont grow... i hope.for the best for you. Stay safe always..