• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How do I survive & thrive at work/interview tomorrow?

Hangryghost

Greenlighter
How do I survive & thrive at work/interview tomorrow? (Adderall)

Hello my new friends. Over the course of today, I have taken 100mg of IR adderall, in an attempt to complete a huge laborious editorial project and also cram for a big job interview tomorrow (seriously...I need a job). I've felt generally fine all day, aided by .5mg klonopin (which I take basically daily anyway) and consistent eating/water. It is currently 9:40 pm and i took my last 20mg close to two hours ago. I feel pretty alert and good still. I'm not high; doing this doesn't get me high.

It's been a while since I've gone all out like this and also had a lot to do the next day. What do you suggest I do right now and tomorrow, to minimize the imminent potential misery and maximize my awesomeness at my interview, which is at 3pm? I also technically have to be at work at 10am, which would mean waking up around 8am. My concern is that I will feel like I'm about to die, have panic attacks, or just be brain dead, etc. I'm only 1/3 done with the project and have basically prepared for the interview but haven't gone over my notes, only taken them. I'm not opposed to taking more adderall now and/or later, or more klonopin - Any advice is appreciated!

Last edited:
yeah well first question i would ask you is how long have you been up for? then if its a lack of sleep that im guessing might be a relative problem, any amount of sleep you can get until when you need to be up would help but i kind of dont want to suggest taking a risk of sleeping in if you aren't exactly sure how to get some rest without dozing off too much and sleeping in too long. i would maybe search out some caffeine to aid you with alertness if you feel you maybe dont have enough adderall. in which case i would then suggest you save catching up on sleep for later. only problem with being wired and amped for so long is jittery-ness and anxious symptoms. plus depending how long without sleep you've gone, you could look rather strung over, but hopefully not. even just taking a shower might help freshen things up despite you'd probably be taking one anyways.....

i could suggest a variety of things to take with amps that help with the unwanted side effects and comedown jitters and anxiety related symptoms. But seeing that you have access to klonopin, that will be a big help, especially because you actually have a benzo available. just if the jitters or anxiety feel bad or you worry about that being an additional problem from all the adderall usage, maybe take double dose or tripple (1.5mg depending tolerance, idk?) gauge it in a way so that you will feel plenty relaxed and comfortable, but NOT too much to be tired again. i've noticed tranqs and sedatives can have powerful grounding effect on amps when you lack sleep. so I could always get into more specifics, but with the idea of taking something GABAergic (Lyrica, Gabapentin, even ...alcohol) or a benzo or something to promote relaxation so that you aren't feeling crazy. and just keep a careful balance with your amps and downers. and remember with sleep deprivation kicking in, the downers are now boosted in potency. even if you worry about being a lil tweaked out for interview, you could try to somehow get some rest without sleeping in or anything, and when the time comes (wether you got rest or not) be a little more on the energized side, maybe with caffeine or adderall depending preference. just a tad, so you have energy and are more alert.

But i would definitly save your energy and amps for closer to the time of interview! doing them early risks burning yourself out more and fading/ coming down to early for the interview.

idk.... hope any of that helps

EDIT: Also, i am in no way promoting or suggesting the idea of snorting the adderall, and i dont know if you always take orally or if you've snorted it yourself. but knowing the fact that snorting them gives effects that are stronger and faster to kick in, but much shorter in duration, you may never know if the situation where you're at home and took to much downers, and pop an addy that doesnt kick in time before you pass out, they wont always wake you up either. you may want to snort some addy in that situation of feeling too tired to jump out of it fast. however it is a known fact its not the healthiest thing, regardless of doing IR or crushing XR beads. I snort all sorts of stuff but i wont suggest someone else do it. lol but yeah just throwing that out there. in addition, some things burn when snorted, but addys are sweet.

Last edited:
Thanks so much for the response! Very helpful. I've never snorted. Are you saying it might be a good idea (relatively speaking) to sleep as much as i can tonight (I took 1.25mg more klonopin so sleep is definitely happening), snort an addy in the morning to get going, then maybe take one or two more (orally) when it gets close to interview time? I don't rly have to be that productive at work before then - just be there. My main concern is to not feel physically deathly, and therefore not convince myself that I might actually be dying and ruining my vibe for the interview. But also to have a decent buzz for the interview so I sound impressive and not braindead.

Sometimes the morning after a big adderall day, even w some sleep, I feel faint and generally horrible. Never sure if more adderall or klonopin or both is the way to go.

I can technically come home and crash after the interview but I'll probably wanna still get some work done. Then I have work all day Thursday but nothing Friday. More planning to do there...if you have any advice, do tell.

Anyway...you were helpful, let me know about the snorting thing. Thanks!

Also I have been up just since 8:30am today (it's 2am now) after a semi-decent night of sleep the night before (prob 5-6 hrs quality sleep). I have 3 30mg XR and 4 20mg IR, and a lot of klonopin. The latter of which does wonders to rid me of the bad side effects but I also worry it dulls the good ones - all about balance I guess. I'm not really worried about not having enough, but rather about finding the right balance to be at my best for this interview.

hey sorry i wasn't able to get on to reply in time, to your posts. but anyways hopefully it went well. i hope if you tried snorting the addy that you tried the IR or crushed the XR beads, as well as found a descent balance with the benzo and feeling awake enough for the interview. lol it stucks to be possibly discussing anything after the matter, because not much can be done now. however im sure you got a good feel for going without sleep and how to maintain for the days after. I can tell you when i used to be heavy on meth, depending how many days without sleep, even the second day, it was always a matter of being brain dead or not, even if i managed the fatigue and jitters/anxiety. a little bit of rest can sometimes help me feel more fresh. but the trick with that is being able to wake up and actually wake up all the way and not be super tired. however being meth, i found that i never was short of a energized stimulant filled day, it just led me to the conlcusion that benzos or other things of that sort would help with the negative side effects of the meth in consecutive days, but being mentally fresh would only come with sleep, while being mentally alert and attentive would come with more amps. Its that fresh state of mind that is relatively more important and hard to get when you start lacking in sleep.

anyways, hope your interview went well.