• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How Do I Stop Snorting My Subutex???

allecw

Bluelighter
When I was first prescribed Subutex about a year ago I took it sublingually for about a week and then stopped. I could not stand how it made me feel! Even if I were to take just .5mg it would knock me on my ass! The doc had told me to take 32mg a day! I took 4mg right when I got them and couldn't stand up for 24 hours! For that whole week no matter how little I took it would just knock me out. Too strong!

So after a couple of months I decided to try it again. Only this time I snorted it. About .5mg. I felt perfectly normal and it worked great. It was supposed to be stronger when snorted but for me it seemed weeker. It was like a miracle drug for a few months.

Yet now every time I try to take it sublingually it does nothing for me. I know the ba is supposed to be lower sublingually yet even if I double the dose I still feel nothing.

When I take it sublingually it just makes me all spaced out and my pupils get extremely large. When I snort them my pupils get constricted.

I don't know if I'm addicted to the act of snorting them or what! I just can't make myself stop snorting them. This is the first drug I have ever snorted btw. It has to work the same sublingually right?? I mean if i find the equivalent dose. Am I having a placebo effect thinking there not working when they are? Sublingual works as far as keeping withdrawals away but it just makes me feel so weird.

Any ideas on how I can stop snorting and still get the same effects? I dont get high or anything i just feel normal. I don't even like snorting them anymore. I don't get the same effects I did in the first few months of taking it.

Also sometimes when I take the subs sublingually I grind it down to powder first. Should I not do this? Should I take whole chunks? The reason I grind it down is for measuring purposes.

U can break it into powder and still take it sublingually...

Your not feeling the same effects b.c ur developing a tolerance...the next step is to IV it, that's how it goes

Stop snorting it... Try a little more than the snorted dose and taper down. You will feel some discomfort but deal with it. Good luck!

either way you cut it, you're going to develop a tolerance and feel no good effects from it, regardless of ROA, or the BA (sublingual, IV, snorted)

^Exactly. You'll have to taper or quit to get your wanted effects again.

Edit- Are you sure you aren't going into withdrawal when taking sublingually? 0.5mg sublingually is not that large of a dose, especially with Suboxone/ Subutex tablets which do not absorb wonderfully, especially not when broken down.

That's just how it goes for a lot of people...the 'sub honeymoon' goes away and you will never get as high as you used to. When you snort it, it has a quicker onset, providing some sort of 'rushy' sensation, which is probably what you are talking about when you say you get high. Sublingual is a pain in the ass, I have been getting subutex for years and I always snorted them, up until recently, now I stated shooting them. :|

Hey ive been on jst subutex for years and like to snort them now and then but since they have changed the brand now in the uk with active ingrediants citric acid maize starch im a bit worried to snort them now jst in case i jst waste the burpe i dnt care if it burns my nose so has anyone out there snorted this new brand and got a good high get bk let me know

I'm just seeing this now. Have been away from my computer for a while.

Maybe I asked my question the wrong way. I don't expect to feel the way I did the first few months on Subs. I understand that.

I'm ok with how the subs make me feel now when I snort them. I certainly don't get high but I feel ok. The first few months I never got high either. They just gave a bit of a mood boost. They still do now actually depending on what I'm doing or who I'm with.

My only problem is when take them sublingually I feel all weird. I feel all spacy and weird. Other than the onset of time shouldn't I get the same effects from sublingual as opposed to snorting. I mean if I find the equivalent dose. The ba is only slightly higher when snorted.

I just can't make sublingual work for me! I can snort 2mg and feel ok yet if I double that and take 4mg sublingually I feel nothing. No matter how much I take sublingually I don't feel any of the sub effects. It's like it's a different drug.

I'm not trying to get high. I just want to feel normal and sublingual doesn't make me feel normal. When I snort them I have no opiate cravings yet if I take a much larger dose sublingually I find that I crave opiates.

Is this all in my head? It has to have the same effects snorted or sublingual if I find the right dose doesn't it? If I snort 2mg then I shouldnt have to take more than 2.5mg sublingual to get the same effects right?

Like I said it's like a different drug when snorted.

That is certainly very difficult to explain. I suppose it is possible that you have smaller/fewer blood vessels on the underside of your tongue, so sublingual doesn't work for you as a ROA and the buprenorphine is just being swallowed and (badly) absorbed from your stomach, but that is pure speculation, I have never heard of it before.. I am inclined to say it is in your head but I know how frustrating it is when you are convinced of something and people say it can't be true!

Do you experience actual physical withdrawal if you have your subs sublingually?

It is bizarre that it makes you spaced out and dilates your pupils. Almost sounds like it is putting you into mild precipitated WDs but this can't be the case. I am at a loss I am afraid!

Is this all in my head? It has to have the same effects snorted or sublingual if I find the right dose doesn't it? If I snort 2mg then I shouldnt have to take more than 2.5mg sublingual to get the same effects right?

Like I said it's like a different drug when snorted.

You're right, it is a somewhat of a different drug when taken by different routes. The time it takes for the drug to reach large concentrations in the blood is a large factor in overall effects of the drug. If you snort 2mg, you'll probably need nearly 4mg to get similar effects (~30% sublingual vs ~50% nasal absorption), but even then, the effects would still be different.

I know this post is old but I was wondering if they ever found the answer to this I have the same thing I took the Subs nasally as I didn't have enough time at work to sit there and let them dissolve and when I decided to go back to sublingual it would not work I felt really really weird my pupils are dilated and it was seriously like I was going into precipitated withdrawals. How can Subutex give you precipitated withdrawals from Subutex?