• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

How do I make marijuana tea so I can get high?

wallywogs

Bluelighter
Can I just put a joints worth in a tea bag and drink it and get a buzz. Or does it have to be decarbolized.
Thanks

yes decarbed, ideally in some sort of lipid which will trap the good stuff. there's a high threshold for effects with oral dosing so if you're just using an joint's worth best to optimize by doing it right

Make a bhang lassi: boil weed in milk (i do it for 20-30 min) add flavour or yogurt according to personal taste.
I like the taste of weed, so i sometimes put in a bit of honey...oh, and i use soy milk because my body don't play nice with dairy.
But soy works just fine.

It's not exactly "tea", but it is a way of liquid dosing that doesnt require alcohol and is quick to make.
It can hit pretty hard but it comes on faster than other (food based) edibles IME, so if you start off dosing real low, you can probably titrate a to a nice level - so long as you wait at least an hour or even longer to see how high the first dose gets you.
I dont think i ever made this "weed milk" with good weed - just vaped bud, trim and leaf - but even a couple of grams of any of those would be a good starting dose.
A "joint's worth" could be a good starting dose...but it totally depends on how much weed you put in your joints!
Some people only use a pinch (with tobacco) but i roll em pretty big, and only with weed.
I don't know if i'd recommend using the amount of weed i put in a fat joint...overindulging in cannabis edibles is super unpleasant.

I haven't really heard about pot tea.. Thanks spacejunk for the tip, i may try it sometimes. Is it any good?

I like to make ganja chai - you want about half a cup of whole milk, mixed with about 3/4 cup of water (you want about 50/50, but some of the water evaporates off while you simmer the weed). Bring that to a low boil and simmer your herb in it for about 20 minutes, throw in some loose leaf chai tea for the last few minutes. Then just strain and add a bit of honey

spacejunk, does it make your kitchen smell of weed? because im trying to figure out the most discreet way to make weed-containing things but i really need for the smell to be easily covered up

Yeah, it does.
But it doesnt seem to hang around as badly as if you baked something in the oven.
If you cooked something else right afterwards - and have a sufficiently ventilated kitchen - the smell should be minimal, but it does tend to make your house smell like weed while you're cooking it.