• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids How do I inject?

evo4ever

Bluelighter
Hello all.

I know you're not supposed to inject capsules / pills but I want to feel what its like to inject Oxycodone vs taking it orally and I know theres not much difference between IV and Oral in terms of bioavailability. So with that out of the way how do I use the small 1ml insulin needles that I've bought? Cheers guys.

Hello all.

I know you're not supposed to inject capsules / pills but I want to feel what its like to inject Oxycodone vs taking it orally and I know theres not much difference between IV and Oral in terms of bioavailability. So with that out of the way how do I use the small 1ml insulin needles that I've bought? Cheers guys.
I feel you....and i want to know as well...I was just about to post the same thing but not pills

You should do a couple dry runs with saline.

But why not use the search engine really

OK. For starters let just preface this with my current situation due to using needles. I was in the hospital last Friday with a 101.2 temp, tachycardia, sepsis, cellulitis and leukopenia.

For god's sake use sterile EVERYTHING!!!! The rigs, the cotton, use an alcohol wipe on the area you want to hit, and use clean fucking water. That is what put me in my current situation.

I did everything right but the damn water. This is no joke. You get sepsis, you die. Thankfully with hardcore antibiotics, I am almost healed. PLEASE BE CAREFUL!!!!

Are they extended release capsules? If so they should be avoided. Immediate release capsules like the oxynorm formulation are better options.

Do not inject pills without micron filters (wheel filters).

I wrote an FAQ on shooting pills here over a decade ago but it disappeared.

Overall, I'd discourage it. Injecting pills is tricky and dangerous. Those that do it should have experience injecting drugs in general.

Generally speaking the best way is to mix the powder with saline, filter through cotton then a micron filter. I used to stuff a large 3 to 5ml syringe with half an inch of sterile cotton (tamped down), pour in the premixed slurry of pill and saline that has been mixed already (extremely light heat can sometimes be used to encourage the mixture but this controversial and should probably be avoided if you aren't experienced) and force the mixture through the cotton. Now you have a clear mostly filtered solution. At this point use your micron filter and filter again.

To inject pills correctly you need more than 1cc syringes. You need large syringes to the processing. It's worth the trouble considering how high the stakes are.

Are they extended release capsules? If so they should be avoided.

Do not inject pills without micron filters (wheel filters).

I wrote an FAQ on shooting pills here over a decade ago but it disappeared.

Overall, I'd discourage it. Injecting pills is tricky and dangerous.

No they are immediate release capsules with no apap. Inside the capsule is a fine white powder. Where do I buy micron filters from?

Okay since no one has answered.

the particular oxycodone youre taking is NOT the oxy neos right? If you have those dont even attempt it.

if its the "good" stuff, heres a breakdown. A way to do it.

1. clean piece of paper, fold in half, tuck the ends because youre going to crush your pill in here. A mortal an pestle is better but unless youre experienced youll probable lose less in the paper.

2. water in spoon. Clean, clean, clean. Get to a needle exchange and get sterile water if you can. Otherwise get the cleanest water you have on stock. Tap is ok last resort. just clean your faucet first.

3. Mix your crushed pill and the water. Let it sit fir While. People think to cook, which is a little quicker by a few minutes, but you may destroy some your drug overheating. I prefer cool water and sit.

4. filter in the mix. You should have micron filters if youve gone to the needle exchange. If not, at least use a piece of cotton or cigarette filter. Ball up the makeshift filter CLEAN hands so that you dont have any loose threads or particulate. Much less chance of cotton fever.

5. With clean hands, uncap your syringe and do not touch the needle. Tip it into the filter WITHOUT touching the spoon so as not to blunt it. Just pull the plunger out some and the solution woll draw on its own via the pressure. When you hear the filter go "pfft" its dry and youre done.

6. Put the needle down safely without the needle touching anything. Wipe your injection site with an alcohol swab or something similar to sterilize it.

7. tourniquet. They come in the packs at needle exchange. Or, you can use whatever like a belt but id do a quick cleaning of the injection site after. Do NOT make it super tight. Youll lose some drug via blood coming out your vein after. Just a medium pressure is fine.

8. pump your fist a couple times, Im assuming youre using the crook of your arm. Otherwise dont worry about it.

9. aim with as steady a hand as possible, slightly downward and sideways to the vein. This will prevent your vein from rolling.

(grip needle like this. Middle and/or ring and thumb on shaft. Index on plunger)

10. gently but quickly insert the needle. I tap it in quick with index if I can. Thats a protip and tricky to do without experience. Just be efficient.

11. draw the plunger back. Youll get it. If you get blood in your needle youve got it.

12. Slowly inject. It should feel like nothing at all. If you feel ANYTHING and ESPECIALLY pain, stop! Watch to make sure youre not getting it into a bubble because you missed too. If everything is going smoothly, finish the job and clean up. Tourniquet off, and needle out.

13. raise your arm up if thats what you used. Itll help your blood flow and help prevent bruising. Also put pressure with a clean tissue on the injection site.

14. get high. Itll hit like a ton of bricks. Be careful how much you do this, you may never stop using this way. Its risky no matter how careful you are. Especially with street drugs, the drugs themselves are bacterial.