• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Design How do I 'Hem' my pants? Am I even saying that right?

Ds

Bluelight Crew
First of thanks if you were able to figure out what the hell I'm trying to learn how to do here. Sure I could Google but this isn't something I have to have done like right this second, just something I would like to know how to do because I have some really fucking nice bluejeans I had bought from Buckle. With brands being cult of individuality, rock revival & finally my prized Amiri. Sadly none of them fucking fit, so I'm stuck wearing khakis. both tan and black, and once I get home from work I usually toss on my pajamas (don't hate, they are comfortable and they have pockets).
So I know there is a way to do this without using a sewing machine, and my question is how? where do I begin? What type of sewing needle and sewing string might I need? wool, silk etc? also anything else that might be useful. (The jeans are 34/36, and I wear a 32/32 now)

Thank You!

First of thanks if you were able to figure out what the hell I'm trying to learn how to do here. Sure I could Google but this isn't something I have to have done like right this second, just something I would like to know how to do because I have some really fucking nice bluejeans I had bought from Buckle. With brands being cult of individuality, rock revival & finally my prized Amiri. Sadly none of them fucking fit, so I'm stuck wearing khakis. both tan and black, and once I get home from work I usually toss on my pajamas (don't hate, they are comfortable and they have pockets).
So I know there is a way to do this without using a sewing machine, and my question is how? where do I begin? What type of sewing needle and sewing string might I need? wool, silk etc? also anything else that might be useful. (The jeans are 34/36, and I wear a 32/32 now)

Thank You!
I don't know your financial situation but my first thought after reading this was to hire someone else to do it. A long time ago when I had white collar jobs, I had to wear suits to work. Suits never fit perfectly off the rack so I had to take them to a tailor, who measured my legs/waist and chest/arms and fixed everything right up. I can't imagine jeans being that expensive to have hemmed by a professional. YMMV

Honestly just roll the legs inward to a proper length and secure it with a seam. Try and make your needlework as tight as possible and make the final knot that traps the thread on the inside of the pants