• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How do I get the best out of Tramadol?

AbusedTampon

Bluelighter
I got some Tram 50 Rx'd not too long ago, and I really want to get the most out of them. So I'm in need of knowing, what do I need to do to get the most out of them? This includes things like when, and how I should dose, and is there anything OTC that can potentiate it? Any suggestions welcome.

Tramadol pretty much sucks. I don't consider it to be a desirable drug.

I've found it effects everyone differently, amazing for some, useless to others. I'm pretty sure, from what I've read, it all depends on how much of a specific enzyme your liver can produce, that enzyme breaks down Tramadol into o-desmethyltramadol, which is where the Opoid effects come from. Thus if you have a poorer liver, which barely produces that enzyme, Tramadol will most likely have no effects.
Basically there is a strong reason why it effects some and not others, it's not some placebo bs lol

Tram can be dangerous so do not go above 400mg in a day i had a friend have a seizure on 550mg..i think tram is best spaced out like 100-150mg starter dose id say 100mg if its your first time.. then take another 50-100mg every few hours to keep the effects going (not exceeding the 400mg in a day).some ppl dont feel much from it so dont push it if u cant reach the desired effects..tram always put me in a great mood and just felt content and happy..i never tried to potentiate it but i always felt caffeine went well with it either a coffee or an energy drink

Last edited:
Your body does it's best at producing O-desmethyltramadol when there's already tramadol in your system. Split your dose into four parts and take each quarter every 30mins to an hour, this is pretty much the only viable way of potentiating tramadol. IIRC enzyme inhibitors like Tagamet and the likes actually decrease the amount of O-dt metabolized so attempting to potentiate with those will result in an even weaker high.

These enzyme inhibitors may also have an effect on how much SNRI activity is produced by a dose which may in turn lower seizure threshold further. Opioid potentiators of any kind have always been worthless for me so I haven't looked up ways to potentiate tramadol in years, for this reason this some parts of this post could possibly use some fact checking.

Tramadol pretty much sucks. I don't consider it to be a desirable drug.
Good thing everyone isn't built like you, many find it very desirable.

Last edited:
Someone mentioned earlier that a friend of theirs had a seizure at 550 mg. Shit, one of my friends had a seizure from taking less than that. I believe he took about 250 mg, which is honestly very scary seeing as most people tend to take more than that.
I hate tramadol, I did it once and it gave me a nice buzz, but it was odd. It just seems to be too much risk and not enough reward.

For me, it does absolutely nothing for my back pain, but its also like taking speed.

I've read on here about others that love this stuff. Maybe my liver doesn't break down tramadol as well as morphine.

I just tapered down from a gram to .2 of heroin and I'm 36 hours with nothing but 125mg of tramadol and 4g of neurontin with a little imodium (10mg). I probably tapered down too fast but I'm honestly only slightly uncomfortable.

I'm prone to seizures so I gotta be careful with this shit. It's unpleasant but effective in keeping me from being super fukn sick. I hate the serotonin activity. I feel like I'm on the tail end of a molly trip. It just makes me feel like shit but very littles gna touch trippin balls on gabapentin with no tolerance since I took a break.

Its helping my heroin withdrawal but it really fucks with my head so I can't take enough to feel great from it.

It's good to use gabapentin or an anti-seizure medication with tramadol, especially if you are prone to seizures or taking large doses. Of course, taking clonazepam or other meds that reduce both seizures and are downers is not recommended.

I have had a small amount of success with tramadol, but only after my tolerance was super low--it also never helps for pain. I'm also on effexor (an SNRI) which makes the seizure threshold much lower, so it's not worth it in my situation.

The problem with using gabapentin for tramadol's seizure risk is gabapentin has only been shown to effectively prevent complex partial seizures, minor seizures that occur in one part of the brain. It's pretty much useless for generalized seizures like the tonic clonic seizures produced by tramadol. In other words I wouldn't rely on gabapentin to keep you from having a tramadol induced seizure because it's a pretty poor, limited anticonvulsant. It's always best to either avoid recreational doses of tramadol or at least keep below the 400mg mark.

The most euphoric combo with tramadol is marijuana. I had a script for 60 a month but I decided to cut it off because of the negative effects of taking tramadol regularly.

I know this is an older thread but thought i would chime in since i have extensive experience with Tramadol.

I started taking it for Plantar Fasciitus and instantly started taking it recreationally because of how it made me feel.

When i had no tolerance, just 1 50mg Tram made me feel good. 2 was a pretty strong buzz.. 3 and i was LIT!

i prefer Tramadol over Norcos! They are cheap as hell and i only have to take 2 to feel pretty good. Tolerance doesnt build up with these like hydrocodone or oxycodone for me.

2 trams still make me feel amazing. Very talkative, tons of energy and that opiate high all in one easy to get pill.

Yea tramidol is better than hydrocodone as it lasts longer. Don't go over 400. It's better with an antihistamine like hydroxyzine. I recommend to start at 150 to 200 mgs. I just noticed this thread is from 2015 so it's sort of useless to post here anyways.

It sucks man, but we're actually not here to advise you on how to get high, only to make sure that you do so safely. We also can't tell you what you will and will not enjoy. That is totally a matter of personal preference. Opioids make my mom go crazy. She hates them, go figure. You need to find these things out for yourself man. As far as safety goes, do not exceed 300mg Tramadol in a single sitting. It is well known to lower the seizure threshold and for this reason, it can be an unsafe practice.

Also, although Tramadol is a comparatively weak Opioid agonist, there is still some definite danger in combining it with other CNS depressants like Alcohol, Benzodiazepines or Barbiturates. If you choose to go for these combinations, you must go slow and low, as it would seem that you are fairly naive to these drugs.