• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants How do I check the purity of meth?

Iceisnice

Greenlighter
So I want to check my dope for purity. Mainly because I'm not getting the same effect with my current supply as I normally would. I've heard of doing an acetone wash. However, I'm not clear on how exactly it's done. how much acetone do I use? And how soon can it be smoked after this process? Does it need time to dry up before smoking it?

There are several threads describing acetone wash step-by-step if you search for them.

As for checking purity, these days presume it’s all shit, everywhere, and purify it yourself. there is no practical test for purity, only ways to purify.

Heating up some meth on a piece of aluminium foil can give you some idea if the gear is uncut as pure meth turns from clear grey rocks to a white blob of goo when heated up.

Meth with cutters will appear dirty looking with brown specks throughout the blob of goo

If you drop a shard in bleach, the cut should fall to the bottom, if any, and the shard will spin like wild and leave an oily residue. The more the shard flips out, and the less shit goes to the bottom, the better.

As others have said unless you're a wholesaler, the actual cook, friends with the cook, or have access to a lab that is willing to test your illegal drugs, there's no way to tell the actual percentage of d-Meth in your gear. Testing kits will only tell you if any is present, not how much.

I heard a lot that they put fentanyl in everything. I shut meth because you need less and you stay high much longer. But last 3 or 4 times in a row after I shut I fall asleep right away. This is super strange and I want to find out how I can test what I am buying,

I heard a lot that they put fentanyl in everything. I shut meth because you need less and you stay high much longer. But last 3 or 4 times in a row after I shut I fall asleep right away. This is super strange and I want to find out how I can test what I am buying,
I would be extremely surprised if I came across meth that had fentanyl intentionally put in it. I cant see anyone cutting a super cheap,plentiful, product, which is easy to produce locally
( methamphetamine) , with a drug that is more expensive, is usually imported, and has its own market with high demand. if it did test positive for fent, Id be willing to bet its either a rare isolated incident, or a result of cross contamination from both substances being transported and/or stored together.

as for all meth being shit, I would honestly say, at least where I am, meth is probably one of the purest street drugs going at the moment. If you are in a country that has free drug testing services, this would be the only sure way to know its purity. even with an acetone wash, there theoretically could be by-products from the synthesis that could dissolve in acetone along with the meth. if you can access a drug testing service, Id advise that. but honestly, in my opinion, if your methamphetamine comes as large shards of crystal, it probably is reasonably pure. powdered crank id be more concerned

I've also heard of people smoking themselves to sleep from fent tainted meth. Also was told of someone testing positive for fent on a piss test but only ever doing meth.

For the record, Fentanyl is cheaper than Meth. So, I wouldn't be surprised if you got Meth with Fentanyl in it. The drug dealers like to lace Meth with Fentanyl to give the user a stronger high. Which means their more likely to come back for more.

I read an article a while back, I can't find it now, but it was published by the DEA and they were saying that the majority of fentanyl found in meth and meth found in fentanyl is usually just in contamination amounts from being stored together, or manufactured with the same equipment. Of course there's been a few intentional cases, but they're pretty rare.

The only one I've heard of being intentionally added are some benzos, you can add some to crappy dope and still feel like you're on the nod. But even the data on that is sketchy at best, it's mostly taken from autopsies, and it can be hard to tell if they were consumed together or separately.

For the record, Fentanyl is cheaper than Meth. So, I wouldn't be surprised if you got Meth with Fentanyl in it. The drug dealers like to lace Meth with Fentanyl to give the user a stronger high. Which means their more likely to come back for more.
really? the amount id pay for 5 grams of ~15%ish fentanyl "down" mixture is the same id pay for like an ounce and half of high quality crystal. if fent is cheaper, its an absolutely insane markup, considering the speed is likely also marked up. I think the "fentanyl put in meth to addict people" is nothing more then anti drug propaganda. in the 90s we would here dealers would put meth or cocaine into cannabis to addict users. which of course is false.

The only one I've heard of being intentionally added are some benzos, you can add some to crappy dope and still feel like you're on the nod. But even the data on that is sketchy at best, it's mostly taken from autopsies, and it can be hard to tell if they were consumed together or separately.
Here in Canada there 100% is benzos in the fentanyl dope. my friend recently took some to the local drug testing service which came back as fentanyl and bromazolam. etizolam was the main benzo before it got a bit harder to find, bromazolam seems to have replaced it and is getting some bad press in Canadian news as well. here its well known as "Benzo Dope"

So I want to check my dope for purity. Mainly because I'm not getting the same effect with my current supply as I normally would. I've heard of doing an acetone wash. However, I'm not clear on how exactly it's done. how much acetone do I use? And how soon can it be smoked after this process? Does it need time to dry

Fentanyl is added to the meth and blow not for anything to do with the high but for the purpose of making you physically dependent on a drug. So now if you try to quit meth you have withdrawal symptoms like that of a heroin addict.

god i hope someone answers that. is the Marquis test enough? i have it and my test shos so of mine to have tramadol in it??..

I would be extremely surprised if I came across meth that had fentanyl intentionally put in it. I cant see anyone cutting a super cheap,plentiful, product, which is easy to produce locally
( methamphetamine) , with a drug that is more expensive, is usually imported, and has its own market with high demand. if it did test positive for fent, Id be willing to bet its either a rare isolated incident, or a result of cross contamination from both substances being transported and/or stored together.

as for all meth being shit, I would honestly say, at least where I am, meth is probably one of the purest street drugs going at the moment. If you are in a country that has free drug testing services, this would be the only sure way to know its purity. even with an acetone wash, there theoretically could be by-products from the synthesis that could dissolve in acetone along with the meth. if you can access a drug testing service, Id advise that. but honestly, in my opinion, if your methamphetamine comes as large shards of crystal, it probably is reasonably pure. powdered crank id be more concerned
its very easy to make beautiful shards with as much or as little meth in it as u want to put in it. no quarantee at all, of quality. but its more likely better than any powder you might come across.

really? the amount id pay for 5 grams of ~15%ish fentanyl "down" mixture is the same id pay for like an ounce and half of high quality crystal. if fent is cheaper, its an absolutely insane markup, considering the speed is likely also marked up. I think the "fentanyl put in meth to addict people" is nothing more then anti drug propaganda. in the 90s we would here dealers would put meth or cocaine into cannabis to addict users. which of course is false.
you are wrong. meth overdose deaths were almost unheard of in decades past but have skyrocket in recent years . and inevitably they find fentanyl along with the meth in their system.