View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

How Do i be the best Trip sitter i can?

Opiates<3

Bluelighter
Hey everyone, hows it going? i have a couple of quick questions i hope someone can answer fast, yet efficiently.
First off my best friend is going to be doing an eighter of mushrooms. He has done mushrooms around 10-15 times and I have personally done then about 20-30 times. We both usually get a hooked up eighter (Usually 5 grams and each take half(so 2-2.5grams each))

We both have never experienced an eighter, and hes going for it solo style. (i would be tripping with him but i had a horendus trip last time,If anyone has any questions regarding that please just ask below.(im more of an acid person). Anyways since we are so close it was natural for me to get chosen as the sitter, which im kinda excited to do.

So my questions are:
1. Any basic tips for being a trip sitter? like conversation and activity wise? If his trip unexpectedly goes south what should i do?
2. I will be eating a very strong edible while hes tripping but i have a very high tolerance to pot(should that be ok?)
3. I have about half a pack of heroin left and may want to dip into that while hes tripping (I dont shoot, i snort) and am also fairly experienced with H also.
4. If i forgot anything and you would like to add something feel free!

Thanks guys i appreciate your help in advance :)

1: Be prepared to help him out with basic stuff as fetching him water/foods, switch music, regulate volume and basically anything that might be confusing for him if he had to do it him self while tripping hard.
If he becomes anxious, try to talk him down, enunciate in a calm manner. Make sure that he understands that whats going on is due to him being under the influrence of a drug and that he will return to normal again. If he is close to the expected comedown period, when tell him about how the intensity will go down soon and that baseline is only a few hours from now.
You might want to have some fast acting benzos on hand if the trip goes completely out of hand.

2: I would't recommend it. If it was me, I would actually prefer that you ingested a 2,5 g dose of P.cubensis over a strong edible any day. The reason being, that edibles are very tricky. The dose that would make you comfortably high one day might be too much the next, there are a lot of variables in play and the intensity of effects can be very unpredictable.

3:Once again, wouldn't recommend it. While you consider yourself experienced in the Heroin department, nodding off is always a possibility. Just imagine the horror your friend would have to go through if he thinks you are ODing while tripping hard.

4: Have some frozen fruits on hand, but dont tell your friend about it before he is tripping. I think he'll be pleasantly surprised when you show him a plate of frozen grapes, banana slizes, pineapple and such fruits.

Happy tripping :)

I think it's better to engage in his trip as little as possible. Tell him you'll be around and step out, watch your computer or whatever. For him you are the earth and he wants the sky, so don't pull him down by your presence.
But I never been a sitter, nor had one, so that's just a theory.

I think it's better to engage in his trip as little as possible. Tell him you'll be around and step out, watch your computer or whatever. For him you are the earth and he wants the sky, so don't pull him down by your presence.

This this this this. Your job as a trip sitter is to act like everything is absolutely fucking normal. No matter how tripped out the person seems, your job is to be 100% casual, not worried about anything at all. Be open to conversation if the tripper wants it, but do not purposely steer it into what you think are "Tripper" directions or try to make his trip trippier in any way. That is not your job. If he's having a great time and wants to actively hang out with you, just have a great time with him WITHOUT trying to artificially "direct" the trip.

If it goes unexpectedly south, and assuming you're 99.7% sure you've got the right chemical, then, again, your job is to convince him that everything is fine, normal, remind him of what he took and why, get him water, some fruit, and offer to turn on comforting music (or turn off the music if it's getting too intense, etc.)

As for getting high yourself at the time, this is a harm reduction forum so we're probably going to say that's a bad idea. But only you know what you're capable of under the influence of a given chemical.

This this this this. Your job as a trip sitter is to act like everything is absolutely fucking normal. No matter how tripped out the person seems, your job is to be 100% casual, not worried about anything at all. Be open to conversation if the tripper wants it, but do not purposely steer it into what you think are "Tripper" directions or try to make his trip trippier in any way. That is not your job. If he's having a great time and wants to actively hang out with you, just have a great time with him WITHOUT trying to artificially "direct" the trip.

If it goes unexpectedly south, and assuming you're 99.7% sure you've got the right chemical, then, again, your job is to convince him that everything is fine, normal, remind him of what he took and why, get him water, some fruit, and offer to turn on comforting music (or turn off the music if it's getting too intense, etc.)

As for getting high yourself at the time, this is a harm reduction forum so we're probably going to say that's a bad idea. But only you know what you're capable of under the influence of a given chemical.

I really like this answer and i think im gonna just be there for suport/ conversation when needed. Because i hate when im tripping around sober people and they keep asking "how hard are you tripping bro?!" and stupid remarks like that. But this kid is my legit bestfriend we do everything together and basically know each other inside and out so being an outsider to his trip seems like a weird combo.

i just tried to get ahold of some shrooms and i couldnt he got the last eighth. I want to be somewhat on his level(and yes i know, tripping on mush and being high are two completely different things.) so i think im going to eat the edible so that were both feelin good and in good spirits. And besides we usually smoke weed while tripping so im sure ill be smoking with him anyways. SO DO ANYONE ABSOLUTELY OBJECT ON ME EATING THIS EDIBLE? It was made by myself there is about 2.5 grams of weed in it. I have an extremely high tolerance to weed like i said before. i smoke everyday ive been smoking for 5 years now so i dont think this should be a problem. And i was thinking that i would maybe take a bump of my H if i feel like getting higher. Does anyone disagree with that?

Bumppppp i want a couple more opinions guys! This is goin down in about 2 hours

Just shut the fuck up and quit asking if he is okay every 5 minutes.

Just be a normal mate hanging out and step in if he decides to do something stupid like juggle scissors or try and see the view from the roof. At the very least you might be able to come up with a plan when things start to get trapped in a loop or deal with the pizza delivery guy.

^ This, basically. Laissez-faire. Just step aside and let it happen, and be there if your buddy needs you.

And as has been mentioned, music. It sets the tone quite literally!

Maybe hang out with him during the come-up, this seems to be the most stressful part of the trip and where people are most likely to go wrong. Once he's stabilized into his trip he'll probably want to be alone. I'd suggest to not get too fucked up yourself on brownies and heroin as you might not be able to help him out in case he does need it. Also, during my first mescaline trip I had a friend who was continuously smoking weed. At first this was fine, but after a while his stoned rambling were on a completely different level from where I was at mentally and I had to ask him to leave me alone :p.

I like to dj the vinyls for people, ask them questions that facilitate weird thought patterns and stuff. Trip sitting is almost as fun as tripping yourself, because you get to watch people reach strange and wonderful states, and know that you helped them get there.

But as others have said, don't be too present. Be a guiding force but not forceful, you dig? If they're feeling bad, try helping them change the music or setting to a more friendly one. Just walking to a different room can drastically effect mind-set.