(answered) how do i add a photo

put the picture in img tags

^ that won't work. if you just paste in the URL of an image, you'll get a link to the image, not an embedded image (which is what the op appears to want).

mysteries' has the right idea, rachel01801. just follow that advice and your pictures will appear.

alasdair

Link to the embedded image is what I meant sorry.

Edit: I think I understand. Are you asking how to add a photo that you've, say, found off the internet or how you can add a photo from your computer, into one of your posts? Most of us find a package that uploads photos, upload your photo there n you may find a link that is used for forums (embedded photos) copy that link n paste it into you post.

I'm not sure how to go about putting a general photo off the internet so I cant offer hel there. I'd generally go about that the long way of saving the photo off the net n then uploading it.

Evey

Last edited:
I'm not sure how to go about putting a general photo off the internet so I cant offer hel there. I'd generally go about that the long way of saving the photo off the net n then uploading it.
that's totally unnecessary, evey.

if the photo is already on the web you just need the url, which you can get via right-click in all modern browsers. wrap the url in [img][/img] tags and the image will be embedded in your post.

alasdair

Ohhhhh. Thank you Alasdair I didn't know that.

So in a way similar to HTML but in B B code?

I'll do that in future - I always wondered how people put lots of pics on here so quickly n easily.

Evey

the "link that is used for forums (embedded photos)" which you get from your hosting site is just vbulletin code...

you can also use the image control in the advanced editor:

advancededitor01.jpg

and just paste in the image url.

alasdair