• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides How do I accurately transfer liquid LSD from a vial to blotter paper?

shulgin_burrito

Greenlighter
I received a small blue vial of 100 "hits" from a friend. I don't know how many micrograms it is, but 1 drop = 1 hit, and it felt like a normal hit. I want to try micro-dosing this at about 1/8ths of a hit, but in order to do this, I need to be very precise, which I think means I need to dose some blotting paper very very evenly. I have read several "methods" on forums to dosing blotting paper, but there's really no detail instruction on how to do in a precise way. Here's the methods people have suggested in other threads, and why I don't think they'd work (or maybe I just need more detail). PLEASE HELP!!!

Method 1 - using a pipette to dose each single tab.
Issue: How do I know how many pipette drops equals 1 regular dropper drop?

Method 2 - Lay the sheet down in a pyrex dish and let it soak the lsd liquid up.
Issue: This seems like the WORST solution, as so much of the LSD will end up on the dish itself.

Method 3 - Take a whole sheet and dispense liquid from the dropper, one hit on each square.
Issue: Once the liquid hits the paper, won't it spread out beyond just the tab you dropped it on, affecting neighboring tabs? Then how do you properly dose THOSE tabs?

Method 4: "Just drop it onto sour patch kids mannn! One drop per gummy!"
Issue: While this would be great if I wanted to take a WHOLE hit, and sour patch gummies do taste great. I'm doubtful that the gummy would soak up the lsd evenly throughout, so that if I cut 1/8th of the gummy, that might not equal 1/8th of an lsd hit. Same goes for sugar cubes.

Method 5: Just keep it as liquid and use a pipette
Issue: I travel a fair amount, hoping for something more portable. In addition, how can I give this to friends discretely when we are out? Liquid just doesn't seem ideal

Method 6: Dilute it by 7x (in response to the first 2 commenters)
Issue: This doesn't solve the issue of getting it on to blotter paper. And I'd rather not have to take (or give) 8 Silver-Dollar sized pieces of a paper towel to equal one hit.

Currently, I've just been dropping the liquid on a paper towel, watching it spread out to a silver-dollar sized circle, and then cutting out that circle while it's still wet. Then I cut that circle into quarters or eighths. But this really doesn't feel like a practice I want to sustain for the 2 or so years this will likely last me.

PLEASE HELP! Thank you!!!!

Last edited:
yeah the easiest and most accurate way is to take some of it and dilute it (or all of it if you want). You could do 1/8 of a hit if you add 7 times as much liquid as is currently in there, then 1 drop will be 1/8 of what it used to be. This will be more accurate than dropping it on paper, because if you drop it on paper, it won't evenly disperse on the paper. Not sure how you could get it to evenly disperse on the paper, that is done by soaking a sheet in LSD solution and taking care to dry it very evenly, and even then there are usually hot spots on the edges of the sheet unless you know what you're doing.

If you don't know how much liquid is in there (in mLs) you could just add drops, and keep count as you go. Generally there are about 20 drops per mL of water, alcohol might be a little different (because the size of a drop is related to the surface tension of the liquid). If you could get the end of a 1mL oral syringe in there that has markings, you could draw it out 1mL at a time and see how much liquid there is, transfer it into a larger vial, and add 7 times that amount of vodka to it. You definitely want to use vodka or something so that it won't become too dilute to keep the microbial growth at bay.

do you have any other vials that are the same size?
if so there may be a volume indication on the other bottle.
you want to add 7x that volume of distilled water or vodka to this vial's contents in a larger bottle in order to achieve 1/8 strength..
then pour back what fits back into your original vial so the original drop size works for your dosing, and carry on. meantime store the larger bottle in a locking cupboard.