• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How deep are the veins in your arms?

It varies person to person and vein to vein. If you are using an insulin syringe you will hit most visible veins in your inside elbow if you position the needle at 45 degrees. I find I get the entire length of the needle inside the vein at that angle (i.e. the end of the syringe is touching my skin at the entry point). There is a sticky guide to injecting somewhere I think. BTW if you are new to injecting my advice is enjoy the experience for curiosity’s sake but then quit and never do it again.

Im new to injecting and would like to know how deep the "injectable" veins are so I can hit them more accurately

You should stick with superficial veins, the ones that are close to the surface. Deep veins run next to bone or close to them, but run next to the major arteries and nerve bundle branch and are incredibly dangerous or impossible trying to hit (with the slight exception of the deep femoral vein people use, there is a technique that is possible to find the pulse of the artery to try to avoid hitting it at least, but it is still incredibly dangerous and doesn't at all help for infection and potential collapse of the major draining vessel of the extremity - ALL veins drain into the femoral, collapse it and you got major problems - not to mention throwing clots like DVT and pulmonary emboli) The more body fat you have, the more the superficial veins will be below the surface of the skin - so that is variable from person to person - but a person with low body fat, most can be see running along the skin.

I have very prominent veins in my arms, but I'm fairly healthy and very, very rarely inject anything outside of a hospital setting (5x in my almost 38 years), so my veins are still in good shape.

Yea definitely depends on health, person, etc... I’ve got huge veins, partially cuz I workout/work hard and partially genetics. I hear about it every time I gotta get stabbed at the hospital.

My dads got veins so big they are almost grotesque. The big one in the crook of his arm is like the thickness of a roll of pennies. If ever got that cut he’d be dead in minutes. He’s also worked his ass off his entire life, in the hot and humid south.

When I was shooting though it felt like all my veins deflated on me, like my body knew I was about to stab it and would reflexively vasoconstrict.

-GC

My dads got veins so big they are almost grotesque. The big one in the crook of his arm is like the thickness of a roll of pennies.

It is so crazy how big people's superficial veins can get. I just think about how powerful their heart is and the throughput they provide.

When I was shooting though it felt like all my veins deflated on me, like my body knew I was about to stab it and would reflexively vasoconstrict.

Absolute worst feeling ever, needing to find a vein to get out of withdrawal and they just instantly shrivel up or disappear. Oh, man, I do not miss that at all.

Yea I can spend hour looking for a vein, very annoying, plus subutex, H, ket and other shit I'm sure, so mine r hard to hit

THE 4 SIMPLE RULES OF SHOOTING RIGHT.
#1: Make sure to test your solution's ph with a pH strip, it costs 5 bucks in a pharmacy. It shouldn't ne below 6 and not above 8.
#2: Before getting started with shooting : Always registre about .1 ml blood into a solution containing your product, remove the needle and observe how your blood reacts with the solution. You have to make sure that the blood doesn't change in nature; color changes (turning rown/darkening), Stolling (parts of "hard bits", filaments), or it staying on the bottom and looking "heavy", as if it became more consistent and syzzurpy. If any of these things happen, DO NOT SHOOT. I lost too many a vein due to being spun craving another rush, with products of low quality.
#3: NEVER HEAT YOUR WATER. HCl salts or pure amphétamine should dissolve without heat. If however you're a hardcore Guy like I used to be and want to shoot more than what can be dissolved at room temp, it's a slippery rope. Make sure to spray some on your wrist to check temp, apply rule #2 and inject a very very small amount to make sure it isn't too hot. Don't forget to breath ;)
#4 Alternate shooting spots. When shooting in a vein, never reinject right at the same needle spot, this increases the wound's diameter and thus infection risks. Keep at least .5mm inbetween each injection spot, and if you've been shooting ex.g. your main hand vein, Keep in mind that the blood goes up, so it's better to start down the vein (hand) and move up the arm as you go.
So if you plan on shooting your arm crook, start with your hand.
Keep in mind that shooting stimulants, especially RCs and street coke, are the worst things imaginable for your veins, and in any case you will lose some if you do.

PS: If you feel that the vein is going to collapse, put on a garrot and do push ups/ haltering like crazy. You have to make the blood citculate like crazy if you want to have a chance of saving it.
Stay safe.

No, I cant see them. Rhabdomyolysis fucked all that up, but I decided to start lifting weights to get them on the surface.

Worst decision I ever made to IV. Blood infections/sepsis/Endocarditis/open heart surgery/artificial tricuspid valve 3x in one year. Also lost my lower lobe in right lung due to pulmonary embolism and have a dual chamber pacemaker now for life. It never leads anywhere good, that's a fact.

Worst decision I ever made to IV. Blood infections/sepsis/Endocarditis/open heart surgery/artificial tricuspid valve 3x in one year. Also lost my lower lobe in right lung due to pulmonary embolism and have a dual chamber pacemaker now for life. It never leads anywhere good, that's a fact.
Damn

THE 4 SIMPLE RULES OF SHOOTING RIGHT.
#1: Make sure to test your solution's ph with a pH strip, it costs 5 bucks in a pharmacy. It shouldn't ne below 6 and not above 8.
#2: Before getting started with shooting : Always registre about .1 ml blood into a solution containing your product, remove the needle and observe how your blood reacts with the solution. You have to make sure that the blood doesn't change in nature; color changes (turning rown/darkening), Stolling (parts of "hard bits", filaments), or it staying on the bottom and looking "heavy", as if it became more consistent and syzzurpy. If any of these things happen, DO NOT SHOOT. I lost too many a vein due to being spun craving another rush, with products of low quality.
#3: NEVER HEAT YOUR WATER. HCl salts or pure amphétamine should dissolve without heat. If however you're a hardcore Guy like I used to be and want to shoot more than what can be dissolved at room temp, it's a slippery rope. Make sure to spray some on your wrist to check temp, apply rule #2 and inject a very very small amount to make sure it isn't too hot. Don't forget to breath ;)
#4 Alternate shooting spots. When shooting in a vein, never reinject right at the same needle spot, this increases the wound's diameter and thus infection risks. Keep at least .5mm inbetween each injection spot, and if you've been shooting ex.g. your main hand vein, Keep in mind that the blood goes up, so it's better to start down the vein (hand) and move up the arm as you go.
So if you plan on shooting your arm crook, start with your hand.
Keep in mind that shooting stimulants, especially RCs and street coke, are the worst things imaginable for your veins, and in any case you will lose some if you do.

PS: If you feel that the vein is going to collapse, put on a garrot and do push ups/ haltering like crazy. You have to make the blood citculate like crazy if you want to have a chance of saving it.
Stay safe.

can you elaborate on #2? So really if those things happen in the syringe you should not shoot it?