View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

How Dangerous is this Combination of Drugs

kiki98

Greenlighter
A few months ago, my friend and I took each took 2 tabs of acid, shrooms, and 2 bars of xanax. This was my first time doing any of these drugs plus we smoked weed and took a shot of whiskey on top of it all. Looking back, I was wondering how dangerous this is? Like how badly could this have ended?

Actually this is not particularly dangerous. The Xanax and the alcohol no doubt had a significant muting effect on what could have otherwise been quite overwhelming, had you taken only the acid and shrooms with no experience taking either of them before. It's a bad idea to combine benzos with alcohol but realistically one shot of whiskey isn't going to do you any harm.

If anything this combination was just a waste of good psychedelics. The danger here is in your apparently reckless attitude to drug taking rather than this specific combination. There are plenty of other substances that would be very dangerous to combine without prior research, of which, presumably, you did not do any. Hopefully you will take more care in the future.

I would agree. The benzo and alcohol combination is probably the most risk but the amounts consumed were relatively small to cause significant depression to your central nervous system. I personally experience severe nausea combining alcohol and shrooms. It would probably cloud your trip somewhat.

^ What he said. I don't like combining psychs and alcohol either, makes me feel sick.

Benzos can take the edge off if you're feeling too anxious, but take too much and your mind becomes dull and you don't get much out of the trip.

Luckily LSD, mushrooms, and Cannabis are all fairly safe, even in combination with other drugs. However, you should not mix xanax with alcohol in the future.

Forgot to mention, I do not remember anything about my trip. I completely blacked out. I am much more careful now but at the time I was with a "friend" who told me it was okay to take them all together.

It's not physically unsafe apart from the potential CNS depression if you really take enough downers together like that as was said, but if you don't know what you're doing (as in: by having experience with numerous trips without heavy drinking or other drugs, and gradually trying some more) your behavior and instability may put you in dangerous situations. Well even if you are experienced that is a risk just the same, but you'd likely keep a bit more of an eye on limiting your alcohol and other drug intake. Having some bad experiences can teach you nice lessons that way, but if that happens a bit gradually over time, they should at least be lessons you can afford.

Oh I see I misread, you took a shot not a lot of whisky. Even without any alcohol whatsoever, you can black out from benzos and really should be careful with recreational use of them in general and especially in combinations. I virtually never take benzos just to get high, but used to self-medicate with benzos. I once took a bit too much xanax while tripping on acid and blacked out for days and did really stupid shit. I do not know if I somehow took more once I blacked out to make the blackout that long for a short-acting benzo or what is up with that.

Smoking weed and drinking is of course fine, and with the benzos it really depends on whether you take a little bit and restrain yourself or "party" with them.

Not so dangerous in my opinion!
In the right sequence it would be a "good combination" for a experienced psychonaut.
Shrooms and Acid, on the peak a sip of good Whisky and the Xanax in the afterglow for relaxation.
All together is of course to much in the DOWN direction!

I completely blacked out. I am much more careful now but at the time I was with a "friend" who told me it was okay to take them all together.
With such "good friends" you need no more enemies! ;-)