• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How could my adderall tolerance double in less than 24 hours??? Took 300 mg today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deemgd

Bluelighter
I am just blown away and wondering if maybe I'm missing something, as i can't come up with any logical reason as to why this should be happening.

Yesterday i took over 150 mg of adderall after picking up scripts for 30 25mg xrs and 30 15 mg Irs. I started off slowly as I have high blood pressure as it is and i haven't used any kind of stimulant since July and wasn't sure where my tolerance was and didn't want to stroke out or have a heart attack (When i used in July i went through over 15 record a day for over a week, which is why i allowed myself to gradually use so much, as i had done it before.)

I took 4 of the xrs at once at 11 am after chewing up the beads, hoping the delayed release would be a smoother come on. By 5pm i was starting to feel good and wanted a little more, and took 3 of the irs. Two hours later i took 2 more of the irs, and then I stupidly took 4 more xrs at 7p.m. In an effort to kick my fading buzz back into gear (which obviously meant no sleep for me!)

So this is the interesting part. At about 10 pm i started having classic overdose symptoms, heart pounding out of chest, chest pains, horrible muscle spasms and stiffening of muscles, grinding my teeth, feeling like i was going to die. My tolerance had obviously reset itself from the stimulant vacation i took for 6 months, and i was really terrified i had taken too much. I took 8mgs of tinazidine (muscle relaxer), 6 mgs of prazosin to reduce the adrenalin and reduce blood pressure, ibuprofen, and 60 mgs morphine sulfate in an effort to bring myself back down, or at least make the symptoms tolerable. I ended up falling asleep for 2 hours at 6am, but it was a hellish night full of panic, which i have never experienced with amps, even on higher doses of adderll.

This morning i was afraid to take anymore after my reaction last night. However i had a doc appointment and it showed my blood pressure and pulse were normal, so I figured I was safe to start slowly again since it had been 15 plus hours since my last dose.

So at about noon I took 4 of the xrs and 3 of the irs together after eating some tums. By 3 pm i felt absolutely nothing, so i took 4 more irs. At 7 pm i still felt nothing and took 8 it's at once. It's now almost 9pm and still feel nothing, just kind of speedy. Nothing like yesterday. No feeling at all, not even the bad side effects.

How could my tolerance have more than doubled in a day, and i still feel nothing??? I am so confused and mad i wasted all those amps on a high that never came.

(And before anyone says anything about how dangerous and outrageous my doses are, I know. I have always had quite a large tolerance for drugs and try to get as messed up as possible. I was an IV heroin addict for 15 years, used to shoot 50 dollars worth of cocaine at once, I currently go through 20 lortab and 120-360 mgs of morphine in a day, and well i already told the dexie story. I am just one of "those" people, the risk doesn't outweigh the benefit of the high for me).

Has anyone ever experienced or heard of anything like this? At that dosage of amphetamines something should be happening, and I've never heard of tolerance more than doubling in less than a day!

Help!

I didn't mention in the above post that I haven't done cocaine or heroin in fifteen years, and the only substances I use recreationally are my opiate medications and the few and far between amphetimine binge. Point being that cross stimulant tolerance Cocaine is not an issue at play. I also don't have add or adhd so that's not a factor as to why the addies aren't working, the scripts were a gift =) Nothing has changed between today and last night that explains this for me, and I'm frustrated. I refuse to take anymore trying to get a buzz because it's obviously not working and I've wasted enough today!

Um you are probably wired and just not enjoying it;

Yiu are taking racemic anohetamines, so less euphoric and more physical, and refusing just ups tolerance.

Doing this with high blood pressure is silly, and please CWE hydrocodone(They even make Lortab anymore? After cutting APAP doses?)

A bit of oral morphine is going to help your blood pressure;

Take hydroxyzine, and cut your losses- and again binging raises tolerance, and more importantly residing often just wastes medication because it is not like you are going to go from sober to a euphoric "high" again - Be careful in any case

Does the enjoyment really lose its magic after just one day? I guess this is why my DOC is opiates, I can take them everyday and they never lose their magic.

Yep, adderall sucks ime, only ever worked for me for a day or 2 at the most. Then regardless of dose, it was lights out.

Yep, adderall sucks ime, only ever worked for me for a day or 2 at the most. Then regardless of dose, it was lights out.

That's where I'm at right now - no matter how high I dose after the first day it seems completely pointless other than to keep me awake.

Lol didn't even keep me awake at that point, was just using to use.

I do that as well , then i get really mad at myself afterwards when i realize how much i wasted for no effect. Why do we do that?? Just the nature of an addict I suppose!

It's a compulsion, meth was bad for me. Had to do it with someone, or id smoke all of it in one sitting. Pack a bowl, smoke it, oh one more, then 9 bowls later pissed off because my dopes gone.

OP, it sounds as though you must not have much (if really any) experience- or knowledge- with/of the substances you are consuming....tolerance to amphetamines builds VERY rapidly, notoriously, incredibly fast.....and just like that POOF- the magic's gone right as it had arrived. Amphetamines (all of them) are very widely, very well known for this.

If you're going to abuse amphetamines, don't go more than once every one or two weeks (which even a once a week limit is really pushing it)- better yet, once a month max- if you wish to hold onto the magic and not be bit in the ass by any of amphetamine's dogs (tolerance, addiction, psychosis, physical or mental health defects, etc). But in the meanwhile, I suggest you catch up on some reading and learn about the substances you're putting into your body, what they are doing within and to your body, and of course, of great importance- the safety parameters of each and every single one.

Get educated, be smart, be AND STAY SAFE AT ALL TIMES. There's no such thing as too much reading or learning when it comes to this very vital subject to not only yours, our survival, but also for the good, survivability, and well-being of our species and world; just as there is never too much HR to be practiced within our activities.
Do yourself and all of us living with you some good bud.
If there's anything at all I can assist you with in this regard, my door is always open and I'm more than happy to help.

Best regards,
-PA

Thank you PA. This is only my fifth time ever doing amphetimines. I am an opiate addict and that is my DOC along with other prescription pills that are also downers. I've never really been into stimulants (besides the cocaine I used to use a decade ago- but again, not my first choice and only when I couldn't get heroin), but I just got a major connection for adderall that's lead me to experiment with them when I run out of my painkillers.

I spent this entire weekend on here researching as much as I could about them, because I am amphetimine naive, and I don't want to risk having something go horribly wrong. I have been posting a lot of questions and hopefully not annoying everyone on the boards lol.

I still have 18xrs and 7IRS left. I'm giving myself a break and my body time to heal. Would taking them again in a week have any effect? Or would they work a lot better in two? I don't want to end up wasting them again.

Your experience is entirely subjective. One person's idea of fun (getting tied up and penetrated with a 13 inch concrete dildo) might not be the next guy's. Some people consider Jalapenos to be extremely spicy. I eat Jalapeno's like they are nothing and prefer Habaneros.

So when you say, why was my experience "this", nobody is ever going to actually understand what "this" is anymore than you can understand their experience. So when you say the "magic" is gone, that is part of your subjective experience. What is "magic". Can you actually even quantify or even begin to describe that word? That's the problem when we're in a community that really attempts to be scientific. We need to stay away from words like "fun" and "magic", because their definitions are entirely subjective.

I'm closing this, because it's in fact impossible to answer your question, as the word "magic" cannot be defined and we do not possess the ability to fully and completely empathize with your experience. I encourage you to read these replies and determine whether or not you think, personally, that this can be answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.