• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How could I get switched back to Adderall from Vyvanse

another1keys

Greenlighter
I was prescribed 20mg Adderall IR, but after the 3 months, I had an appointment. It was the pink CorePharma kind.

It it was different various times. I sometimes got dysphoric. I felt like I needed to do something after the good feeling wore out, but didn't know what. Nothing I thought made me feel better and I was left feeling hopeless. After I slept I felt better, or shall I say normal. But I mean, the kick, energy and good feeling was defineitly nice.

I feel like Vyvanse is a lot more subtle and more like something to take for going to a party and feel good. I have 30mg pills. My doctor said maybe an extended release would be better, so he prescribed me Vyvanse.

But I miss Adderall. I would probably not want the pink kind. Even tho supposedly every brand is the same, from what I've read from people online, that is not the case whatsoever.

I don't know if my experience was different cause I have ADD. I remember the first time I took Vyvanse, I barely felt a thing, even tho I hadn't taken amphetamines for a day. Other times yeah, I have felt a boost of mood, but for like 30-45 minutes. Also, it seems to kick in earlier than 2 hours. But defiantly doesn't last 12 hours, that's for sure.

I didn't notice my focus improving on either too.

If you are taking amphetamine recreationally which you and 98% of prescription-holders do, you shouldn't. The reason being is that you are hijacking a neurotransmitter system - and there are only a few neurotransmitter system - and this one, the dopamine system, regulates reward pathways, motivation, and movements.

The thing about vyvanse is it has an amino acid attached to the amphetamine so that your body has to process the drug by the a first separating the amino acid from the amphetamine - this factor is why the rapid rise in blood levels of amphetamine is limited in vyvanse - not the case with adderal.

That that being said, you will get used to the way vyvanse makes you feel and it will be equal and even longer lasting than addrall - this will only take a few days, 3-5 days max. So, if you are going to be using amphetamine everyday then stick with the vyvanse - AND don't use it for partying. If your doctor knew you were using it for hedonic experience he would never give it to you.

Well for starters, xr formulas will almost always be less recreational. I much prefer them for adhd treatment but I do have to dose higher than I would with ir, since you're not getting 30mg released at once with an xr pill. Idk if vyvanse comes in capsules like adderall xr, but if so, you can crush up the beads to make it ir. But it also sounds like vyvanse in particular just isn't for you.

I've only tried adderall myself, but have heard that vyvanse is "smoother", recreationally as well as in general. People say it doesn't feel quite as stiimulating. Maybe the problem is that since you do have add, you need more of a stimulant edge. I sure as hell do. I've noticed that if I take too low of a dose, I feel weird and on edge because its like a combo of being on something and still being restless due to adhd. It'll help with the focus somewhat but not the hyperactivity. Meanwhile, 60mg of xr, maybe even with a bit of ir thrown in there, and I just feel 100℅ normal, and actually a lot less hyper than usual. Don't try my doses without your doctor suggesting it though, they're very high for therapeutic usage, but my adhd is severe enough to seriously affect my ability to function.

As for asking your doctor about switching back, shouldn't be a problem. Just say the new meds weren't working out. Don't ask for a higher dose unless you actually need it though, that's when doctors start to think "substance abuser" and it also makes it hard for people to get meds they actually need.

You cannot do anything to Vyvanse to make it instant release (maybe a really expert chemist can but it is not easy). It is intrinsically long acting and the capssule formulation has nothing to do with it.

I disagree that 98% of amphetamine prescriptions are abused. Thats the perspective of we drug lovers of the recreational variety but not the norm.

What, another1keys, is your main objective here. If you want to get high, of course Adderall IR is better but not without risks. For ADD/ADHD either is fine but requires getting the right dose or mix of drugs. And maybe you were misdiagnosed if focus isnt improving?

^My bad. Like I said, I only have experience with adderall so that suggestion was assuming it's similar, but apparently not. The more you know. Btw kittycat5, I remember you helping me a lot with my adderall questions too so thanks again! Your suggestions worked out very well for me.

I agree that the adderall should at least be helping with focus, if it gets you high but doesn't help with focus you're either taking too much already or a misdiagnosis is possible, or maybe consider methylphenidate? I have no experience with that one either thoug . Misdiagnosis is a good point though because I've seen/heard of plenty of people being misdiagnosed while many people who really do have adhd go undiagnosed for a while. In my opinion, it's because the general public's idea of what adhd symptoms are are often very different from actual adhd. And also adhd is misdiagnosed on what seems to be an epidemic level.

Clonidine, a non-stimulant that increases norepinephrine release in the prefrontal cortex, showed a 35% increase in cognitive performance compared to ~30% with stimulants. Clonidine should be 1st drug of add, but Amphetamine can sell sell sell.

ALSO, alcar + ala supplements from Amazon help me focus more than any stimulant i've ever had.

I'm going to move this over to BDD.

What dose of Vyvanse are you on? I ask because the reason you might not be feeling it as much is that lisdexamphetamine is I believe is about half as strong as regular amphetamine salts (adderall). You might just need a dose adjustment. Overall many people find Vyvanse smoother then Adderall. You could also look into dexadrine which is just dextroamphetamine, so you don't get all that peripheral tweakiness that you do with adderall and any amphetamine formula that includes levoamphetamine.

I hated vyvanse. Got back on adderall xr asap.

Vyvanse se seemed to make me feel cracked out and emotional. Weird shit

I'm not entirely sure my doctor prescribed it to me just for ADHD. I suspect he's trying to get me off my ass too. I can't remember what he said. I forget easily and don't even remember what pills I'm supposed to be taking. I might have a dopamine and serotonin deficiency, and have a lot of the symptoms. Maybe he suspects that.

So im just trying to get off my ass and do things. Adderall made me more motivated definitely. When I'm in the good mood stage, I get more outgoing. Unlike what I've heard from others that it makes them focused, stay on one thing, it makes me more motivated to follow my scattered brain. I move from thing to thing and thought to thought.

That was just on 20mg IR Adderall(corepharma). Afterwards, I would be left feeling as if I was missing something from life. Instead of it being sunny and being excited, it turned cloudy, nothing seemed fun, I needed to do something that made me happy. I never took another pill tho. Adderall wasn't THAT great.

It's weird tho. 2 times, I took 40mgs, and didn't feel as excited as I was on 20mg, but afterwards, I kinda felt the same dysphoria at night(I took it in the afternoon...sometimes it gave me insomnia, sometimes it didn't). Think I go side tracked but whatever.

I'm going to move this over to BDD.

What dose of Vyvanse are you on? .

I'm on 30mg Vyvanse.

Sometimes it makes me feel something, sometimes I barely feel a thing. Yesterday, I took 60mgs, after not taking any for like 3 weeks. I got good mood for like 30 minutes, then I felt normal. I didn't eat anything for 12 hours tho. Was so psyched when I was able to finish 6 tacos.

Ive never noticed any improvement with my focus or attention on Adderall or Vyvanse tho. Both have made me irritable after like 2 hours.

^^^ You shouldn't be taking amphetamine for mood. Complete dysregulation of dopamine system is exactly the oppisite thing to do to promote good mood. CLONIDINE is mpre effectivve than stimulants at cognitive performance enhancement ( "adhd treatment"