• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

How common is it for LSD blotter to be dosed vastly incorrectly?

Hilopsilo

Bluelighter
I'd consider myself reasonably experienced with LSD (probably taken it ~20 times?) as well as many other psychedelics. I understand that doses range a lot, and exact doses are hard to pin down due to not always knowing how much is on a tab, as well as uncertainty as to whether the person I got it from even had a correct figure to tell me, and no method of measuring it myself.

Anyways, acquired some blotter for a festival last week from a trusted source (although, not as trusted as a vendor), we were told they contained 100uq. If this were accurate (I've taken many times this much, even 10 times as much with a tolerance from a day before), they would be the weakest I'd consumed to date, and even if this were untrue, I thought it would be reasonable to assume they probably weren't all that strong.

Me and my friends each took one the day of the festival. The trip began as an LSD trip always does, but it kept getting stronger. I remember telling my friends to come with me as I needed to take a breather from the crowd, but reality started to fade away become incredibly distorted. I remember sitting down and thinking, holy shit this is the hardest I've ever tripped. I couldn't tell if I had to go to the bathroom, or if I had even wet myself. My thoughts were going a mile a minute, all sorts of crazy connections and notions about just about everything.

I became unable to discern reality, it was exceedingly hard to communicate with my friends, felt sort of locked in my own head, all of whom were baffled as to how hard I was tripping. I started getting very paranoid, there was a lot of security and people around making sure people weren't too messed up, nothing new for me, but in my state it started to bother me. My friends told me later I kept asking the same questions and appeared rather distressed. I remember toying with the thought of going to a harm reduction crew member and trying to get help, but my buddies told me to just stick it out.

It got to the point where I wasn't 100% sure where I was standing, sort of bouncing around. I was in one place, but I was also in another, previous place at once. Combined with the paranoia, this became my first ever difficult/bad acid trip. I couldn't even dress myself when we got out our onesies as it started to colder towards the evening.

Finally, I came out of the trip in the evening and regained control as I normally do with LSD, absolutely mindblown as to what had just happened. I just kept going over in my mind how it was utterly impossible that it was only 100ug on that tab. I recounted the tabs about a dozen times making sure I didn't somehow accidentally take more than just one.

Next day, we always double our dose with LSD to get the around same effects. A bit apprehensive after the events the day before, but I thought what the hell and I took two of those same tabs.

Tripped completely normally, felt like your average, on the weak side, acid trip. Completely clear headed, minor visuals, totally what I'd expect from taking 2x ~100uq tabs after taking one of them day before. Same deal for my friends. I was in utter disbelief as to how I was in the state I was just 24 hours previously I understand there is major tolerance, but in my experience I can get just about the same effects by doubling my dose the second day, done this many times.

The only plausible conclusion to me, is that one of the tabs had been accidentally dosed ridiculously high. Is this at all common? I really don't know much about laying blotter or anything. Was wondering if anyone could shed some light on this? Cause there is just no way I got mindfucked to oblivion by 100uq of LSD in the same environment I've tripped in 6 times previously on higher doses.

I would imagine it being quite easy to lose your place when dripping acid onto paper by hand, maybe double dosing one here or missing one there. Lots of people will say their tabs are 100uq when they've got no idea, just because it's considered the standard even though lots of tabs recently are testing at 140+ and others can only have trace amounts. Some people are even passing off 25i-NBOME on tabs at the moment as acid so be careful. LSD lasts ages, so you can always test the waters of a new batch by taking half a tab at first.

Why would you double dose after such a hectic experience? You're lucky you didn't spend another day in bat country!

I would imagine it being quite easy to lose your place when dripping acid onto paper by hand, maybe double dosing one here or missing one there. Lots of people will say their tabs are 100uq when they've got no idea, just because it's considered the standard even though lots of tabs recently are testing at 140+ and others can only have trace amounts. Some people are even passing off 25i-NBOME on tabs at the moment as acid so be careful. LSD lasts ages, so you can always test the waters of a new batch by taking half a tab at first.

Why would you double dose after such a hectic experience? You're lucky you didn't spend another day in bat country!

Yeah I've been told 250ug plenty of times (not sure I believe them), even by heady elderly grateful dead folk.

Wasn't nbome, had that before (yuck) and I always swallow the tab straight up (AFAIK, not letting it sit in your mouth renders the nbome near inert).

Yeah, I guess double dropping was a risky move, its just we came to the conclusion mine had a shit ton more. I also just felt after going through all that i probably wouldn't get paranoid about the same stuff all over again since I just gutted it all out the day before. And, it wouldn't catch me off-guard like it did the day before.

Hell, we dosed 35mg 2C-B on top of the two tabs later that night, and it still was nowhere near the day before.

Yes, it does happen.

Unfortunately you'll never know for sure, but based on your description I'd say it's a logical conclusion.

I bought LSD about 2 months ago. It was sold as being 140ug. I had it tested at one of the testing points we have here in the Netherlands. It contained only 45ug. So even here in the Netherlands under dosed tabs are sold. Normally we get what is advertised, because of these testing services.

It is quite common for LSD not to be dosed as advertised, though usually if so it is (somewhat significantly) under-dosed, not over-dosed.

You never know what a tab has been through getting to your hands.
It could be over a year old before you even purchase or recieve it.

A lot of the time if not close to every time they will be weaker than advertised.
You will get told its 150 ug, thats what it might have been at one point. Its also possible to "mis-dose" some tabs.

The only times the strength in ugs has been relevant to me was with new tabs. You can tell when they are new.
Recently i got a 110 ug tab, new from darkweb.
Tbh it felt like easily 180-200ug that was some good fucking shit.

Long story short its russian roulette without bullets

I think you can expect about an estimated 10% lower potency due to losses during manufacture compared to what was supposed to be applied, or degradation... but unless really weird things happened to it, the wild indiscrepancies you will encounter are due to dealers advertising wanting to make money, especially in all those countries with lab testing not really being freely available.

A drop in like half the potency isn't really common enough IMO to say it accounts for most of the incongruity. Saying that based on how most batches preserve and compare to themselves.

It's extremely common. Dealers both in person and via the darkweb will lie about the ug/mics, but in reality they have no clue of the actual dosage of micrograms. Why do they do this? So they get more customers and people don't go to someone else.

I think it's pretty common for people to exaggerate the dosage of blotters but anyone who's done there due diligence with tests ( buy some blotter paper, vodka, and food colouring) and see for yourself.
I think it's pretty easy to get the dosage pretty damn accurate.
Works flawlessly for my Etizolam blotters everytime.
I use food colouring just to see how the solution spreads into the paper ( see if there are any dark spots [hot spots]. It's pretty much perfectly even every single time.

I have put a couple of RCs onto blotters - first tried with food dye etc. Most were fairly good then I took one of my home mades and got an almighty dose. It is apparently easier to be accurate on a larger scale. For the most part doses will not vary much if the tech is ok but there is always the possibility of blotters being inaccurate - I have also had and heard of 1p and AL-LAD tabs seeming way over. Of course the same dose can also hit you differently but dose variance seems pretty likely. As for doses of LSD very few have ever seen a genuine meassured dose to compare. As a general rules I disregard stated doses as fanciful and suspect (as well as from some evidence) for the most part 100ug is fairly high end and most are below. There is also some impurity, waste during laying and handling storage/degradation. LSD is pretty potent so for most it doesn’t need to be the exaggerated doses quoted to be good - last time I saw acid it was quoted as really good genuine 100 which sounds modest enough a claim to be true but suspect really it might have been somewhat less in reality - I take more notice of someone saying strong than any spurious figures