• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How come i bleed alot when i take the needle out

Thepriest

Bluelighter
Im new to IV meth im a former IV user of heroin crack and coke but meth is now the only drug i do. When u take the needle out a lot of blood comes oit i was wondering why that is and if anyone has some tips on preventing it. It didnt happen when i was iving otbrr drugs but those were in thr past so maybe my techqniue aint on point as it used to be.

There could be a large number of different variables effecting how much you bleed. It would be hard for us to actually answer the question without knowing an awful lot about what you're doing with yourself. Hydration, nutrition, other drugs, sleep, etc. This is totally a guess, but let's just say that Methamphetamine use has caused you to become dehydrated over a period of time. Among other things, your skin loses some of its elasticity. I can only imagine that this is going to come into play when your body needs to repair a small hole on the fly, like one from a needle.

If your tying off before hand make sure to remove the tie off before pulling out the needle

I rarley need to tie off i alternate between the right and left arm vein on inside of elbow and always use a clea. Rig so my veins are pretty good and usually np need to tie off

Yeah.. its just one of those things, that happens to a lot of people who iv drugs.. Its happened to me numerous times in the past, with all different types of drugs, I have IVd.. Just keep some form of gauze, paper towel, etc handy to put on the site after you inject, and make sure it is sterile of course.. I like to use like 4 sheets of toilet paper, that is clean, folded up into a small square, and then add a little ethyl alcohol to the pad, to keep the injection site clean.. Ethyl and isopropyl alcohol are really very different, in how they react to cleaning an IV site.. Iso alcohol, I usually will use first, pre shot, to wipe my arm down, and ethyl alcohol and peroxide, are both decent antiseptics to treat IV sites.. Or if you don't have them, just wash your arm with anti-bacterial soap, and warm-hot water... it will help too.