• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

How closely related is DXM to other dissociatives?

EphemeralOutlet141

Bluelight Crew
The drugs that have caught my interest lately are dissociatives. I've been reading quite a bit about Ketamine, MXE, and the infamous 3-Meo-PCP, but sadly I can only get DXM. Preferably from someone who has experience, what exactly am I missing out on? Is there a certain plateau I should shoot for if I want to get close to those effects? Specific combos?

My one DXM experience was an amazing one. I drank a whole bottle of DayQuil and smoked a few hitters and was in dreamland. Had some profound thoughts during my trip (I thought I jacked into the entire universe via telepathic tentacles projecting from my mind and became a super intelligence, good times) and saw some cool stuff in my completely dark room (could see myself and I sorta looked like SHODAN from System Shock only with my features, also everything looked like the Matrix only with purple and dark green instead of bright green). Very pleasant afterglow the next morning. I wanna say it was 354mg or something like that, I don't remember. I plan to get some robogels pretty soon, what should I do with em :eek:

I only have experience with DXM, ketamine, nitrous oxide, and memantine. I would say that the last three are closer to each other than they are to DXM, with the exception that DXM, ketamine, and memantine are all significantly more visual than nitrous oxide. Nitrous oxide and memantine actually make me feel very physically euphoric, the former I would say being more like a pain killing buzz and the latter somewhat resembling a psychedelic body high. Ketamine is not quite to that level for me but it at least makes me comfortably warm and numb, whereas DXM actually feels sort of unpleasant on my body until I become too dissociated to notice it anymore. Probably for similar reasons I find all of them except DXM to facilitate sexual feelings in the right contexts, whereas DXM for me is very asexual. On a visual level I would say that memantine is the strongest and most interesting for me at equivalent doses, followed by ketamine which still dominates so far for being able to dose higher, and then DXM which I think is a little more surreal than the others but still quite strong in its own ways. Psychologically, I would actually say that DXM feels the most psychedelic-like to me by far, often causing thought patterns and emotional changes that somewhat remind me of tryptamines, whereas the others for me leave me a lot more mentally clear and just send me into straight dissociative phenomena.

Nitrous oxide is as easy to get as DXM in many places. If this is the case for you as well, you could try that and I think it would help at least bridge the gap a little bit. Plus, I also think it's actually just a really worthwhile trip to at least try if you like dissociatives, since it is generally so available. And I haven't yet tried this personally, but if I had some DXM to take I'd probably try using nitrous oxide with it as well (after being familiar with it on its own of course), as I imagine that it would greatly increase the euphoria and depth. I've heard some pretty great things about that combination already.

Nitrous sounds pretty interesting to me as well, but I don't know nearly as much about that as I do other dissociatives. If it's easily obtainable then I don't see why I shouldn't try it.

Whenever I've used DXM it was usually always with weed (only really 'tripped' on it once but I've added a little DXM to smoke sessions before) and I feel like it ups the dissociative effects and euphoria very noticeably because my experiences don't sound like yours or others I've heard. Any experience with weed and nitrous? Maybe all three???

I used to consume DXM by the bottles. My usual dose was 400mg. I loved it but now I either have to find the gel tabs or keep it low cause I have an ostomy bag now and it makes the thing go crazy. I usually do like 160mg a night and it's not too much and with a few immodium it keeps my bag in check. Kaleida, if you could PM me about this and nitrious I would appreciate it. I've never done it. Thanks

Some people love DXM, I find it to be the most vile substance I have ever put in my body.
The high consists of a piercing headache with extreme sensitivity to light and sound, and vomiting and general gut wrenching nausea over the course of 6 hours.
Buuuuut with that being said some people's bodies tolerate the substance MUCH better, but ketamine is still a more worthwhile dissociative in just about every single way

EDIT: forgot about the itchiness. DXM makes me sooooo fucking itchy, feels just like opiate itch

I guess I'm one of the 1/3 that loves it :/

I have about a gram of mushrooms left that I'm thinking about taking with a bottle of robitussin, anyone have any experience?

Tonight I took the DXM in pill form. Holy crap. I'm still having double vision. I couldn't even open my eyes. Not really that pleasurable at all. I took 200mg. I've taken more Robutussium than that. Must have been the pills

It's def the pill form. Disassociate doesn't even describe it. I only took 4 pills today. 80mg of DXM. I mean, ive taken 400 before. I feel funky. Can't type too good. If you like feeling of DXM, def get the tablets. Woo, that was hard with double vision

I neither hate nor love DXM.

Every time i do it, i get that feeling of "won't be doing that again for a while", but a year later i always give it another go, and end up plenty confused after. I have this theory that the first time i tried it was the most together i have ever been, and that every subsequent usage leads to further sublimation and diffusion of my own into the ether. Every single trip on this stuff is a feeling of Deja-Vu, where i wonder how long it has been going on, how many times i have done this before, because there is always a vague memory of what comes next. Sometimes at the peak, i feel like a diver surfacing, and for a brief period i feel as if though i am lucid, and am about to go back under, loose control. The strange thing is that at the peak, i even think i am under the effect of this twisted toil even when i'm normally sober, and only now do i have a brief glimpse of sanity, where i must quickly grab a hold of as many thoughts as possible before falling again, hopefully to be wiser the next time around.

I can't say it's all that enjoyable, especially at 500+ mg dosages. Everytime, hours on hours of deja-vu, lying under a blanket of madness, drug-induced frenzy, feeling like everything has slipped completely out of my control and i'm merely a stone tumbling down a hill towards god knows where.

I get the same effect with other drugs, but something about the feeling of the DXM stands out as quite unique. I certainly don't grasp why this stuff is still sold over the counter.

Neither do I. I have to go to pharmacy to get my ephedrine but can get tons of DXM. I used to love it and have great trips now I just fall asleep. I know what you mean about the deja vu. I had very similar experiences. Hard to explain. Good post

I've wanted to try ketamine for a long time, still never found it. Nitrous is fun but not always worth the trouble/potential dangers. Dxm is great fun just be careful. All these drugs were mentioned though, in effort to add something to this thread I will add diphenhydramine (benedryl) to the list. I may be in the wrong here actually, I'm not sure if it is considered a deliriant or a dissociative but I feel like it should be mentioned because of the fact it is over the counter and if you are having trouble finding street drugs this may interest you. Let me give you fair warning, this drug can be scary. It is not like your normal psychedelic drug in the way that you see patterns and morphing/moving objects, this is a drug that will make you see things that aren't there. It is common for people to see and converse with people who aren't really there only to suddenly watch the person dissapear into thin air. It is not for the faint of heart but it is something you might be interested in reading up on.

IIRC DXM affects the exact same receptors in the brain as PCP (PCP receptor ligands in the NMDA ion channel). So I think it is pretty closely related.

^
Thanks to the guy who actually answered my question lol. That's pretty good to hear, I've always been interested in PCP.

I took 220mg of DXM and I'm fine. I find when I mix it with hydroxizine is when I get loopy and have double vision. These pills are so much better. They don't mess with my bag like liquid does. I would like to try some nitrious for sure. It's like I'm fine but trippy at the same time. Great stuff!