• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe How can you dose safely on subutex with no tolerance and plenty of experince?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wonka

Bluelighter
I need a little help with dosing on subutex(bupe) now i've used it 6 years ago for fun now I stumbled on a 8 mg pill and stored it. Back when I first started subutex I would use a box cutter blade and slice a little bit off (about 0.25 mg no joke) and sublingual with my ROA and be in another world. Its been 6 years since my last dose of subutex and honostly knowing how strong it is a tad bit spooked of it. the subutex I have now is a white round pill with the numbers 54 411 proplem is the old pills I had long ago where oblong how can I cut this pill properly and what would a 0.25mg dose look like compared to something like a grain of rice or another material object so I know what my limit is. It should be known in the past a 8 mg subutex would last me a month literally. Thanks bluelighters.

If you have a scale, weigh it, divide by 8, and keep slivering off a bit until 7/8 of the original mass remains. Obviously this will work better with a more accurate scale.

Or, cut it into quarters / the smallest piece you can accurately section off (being of consistent size) and make a liquid solution. Figure out the molarity and drink the appropriate amount.

The best way to start out with these subutex is to break it up into 8ths and then cut the 8th in half a insufflate a quarter of the the 8th at a time until you get the effects you want. I suggest starting out with such a small dose, (around .25mg-.50mg) because it can make you sick for a day if you take too much. Be careful and have fun!

I can't even imagine feeling .25mg sublingual or snorted, but there are .2mg temgesic pills. you must be really sensitive to bupe.

Cut into 2 mg quarters, crush one of the quarters, and put about an eighth of the powder from 1 quarter under the tongue (0.25 mg). The above mentioned scale method would be superior, but you'd need a very precise one.

Liquid measure! Get some preservatives and water, dissolve 8mg in 8ml, and use 0.25 mL for 0.25mg.

Liquid measure! Get some preservatives and water, dissolve 8mg in 8ml, and use 0.25 mL for 0.25mg.

I'd personally use a slightly more dilute mixture just because of measurement purposes. 1cc is tiny, nevermind 1/4 of that.

Regarding the scale method; I have a relatively cheap .00 that I used to measure my bupe on (.40/pill for the stop signs) and would chunk away until it read between .35 and .36, or roughly an eighth of the whole thing. 1mg bupe approx = 32mg oxycodone (or roughly 1/8 of a sub is 1 p30).

yeah you could easily dissolve the whole thing in one ml, and if you want to sniff it, you could then just pour out 10 cc's and wait for it to dry and cut it up into four lines, each one being .25 mg

^For the record 1mL = 1 cc

1 mL (or 1cc) is comprised of 100 units

Just so people aren't confused.

10 units it 1/10th of 1cc/1mL

I am new to this site. I just want to say that my son and his girlfriend are dying because of Subutex. The doctors who may prescribe it are only there for the money and don't care about their patients at all. They continue to keep both of them on a high dose, with no weaning down - AS THE DRUG WAS INTENDED FOR USE. Every penny they get goes to this. They inject it and are now facing the loss of their 6 month old son. My heart is breaking. This is a big street drug in Tennessee and people are paying $50 plus for one freaking pill. People are stealing from one another, selling food stamps to get extra. They use it to get high, NOT to ease the withdrawal symptoms of opiod use. I hate this drug and the doctors who charge over $400 for a 5 minute visit to get a 30 day Rx.....even when they test positive for other drugs, the MD's still push the pills. Sub doctors are nothing more than legal "pushers" (term in my age bracket) who I feel should all be jailed for mismanagement of the drugs intended purpose. My "kids" act worse on this crap than they did on opiates. God bless all of those who are hooked on it. I am praying for you all.

Oh man silverfoxy, my heart goes out to you. When I first discovered how doctors were perscribing subs it really pissed me off. Stuff like 32mg/day for years on end. Really? I couldn't believe it myself. They've taken addicts and instead of wean them off opiates with a taper (how buprenorphine SHOULD be used) they've replaced their addiction with something else.

I agree this is all done for profit and they should be brought to account for it.

Edit: We're not supposed to talk about price stuff. Sorry guys, I did it too. Edited now. My bad. And my, this is an old thread. I was just jumping on the last poster's sensational comment %)

Last edited:
Silverfoxy:
Well this is unfortunate but Buprenorphine should never be injected if used for maintenance purposes. I agree with the fact that some docs overprescribe it but generally the larger part of doctors are using their license responsibly.
And if your son and his GF are IVing their Subs they are partially at fault themselves because they should take it sublingually for a longer duration and steady blood plasma concentration.
Only this way it works as a maintenance drug. Not if you abuse it like you described...

Just an FYI: Buprenorphine binds to opioid receptors much more strongly than common opiates like heroin/morphine or oxycodone. If somebody were to OD on Subutex, you'd have to give them an insane amount of Narcan to bring them back, and keep them hooked up to a continuous infusion of very-high-dose Naloxone at the hospital until the bupe wears off.

I am new to this site. I just want to say that my son and his girlfriend are dying because of Subutex. The doctors who may prescribe it are only there for the money and don't care about their patients at all. They continue to keep both of them on a high dose, with no weaning down - AS THE DRUG WAS INTENDED FOR USE. Every penny they get goes to this. They inject it and are now facing the loss of their 6 month old son. My heart is breaking. This is a big street drug in Tennessee and people are paying $50 plus for one freaking pill. People are stealing from one another, selling food stamps to get extra. They use it to get high, NOT to ease the withdrawal symptoms of opiod use. I hate this drug and the doctors who charge over $400 for a 5 minute visit to get a 30 day Rx.....even when they test positive for other drugs, the MD's still push the pills. Sub doctors are nothing more than legal "pushers" (term in my age bracket) who I feel should all be jailed for mismanagement of the drugs intended purpose. My "kids" act worse on this crap than they did on opiates. God bless all of those who are hooked on it. I am praying for you all.

I hate that your dealing with a family opiate addiction it can be terrible when you don't use and watch it unfold. I must say as w any medication some people will abuse it. I have used every opiate available for the last 15 yrs. Buprenorphine is a partial agonist you feel a buzz but you don't go full euphoric. You can get slightly high but in no way resembles the euphoria of even say a weaker opiate like hydrocodone let alone oxymorphone. Tennessee is hurting addicts by trying to impose all sorts of laws on prescribing it that doesn't help anyone that's why you see $50 a pill there. This medication stops my cravings and I feel normal vs depressed and out of it. I'm on 32mg a day which in this high dosing range only equals 60mg of methadone but 16mg can also equal that so it's interesting medication.
I would look into to see what they combining it with and if they are still using 'real' full agonists which I strongly suspect.
Hope you get it all squared away try to look on the brighter side of things in your life.

Your tolerence to opiates is strong that is why you don't get high but believe me if youre not taking opiates everyday and you take .5mg of sub you'll be euphoricly high for 5hrs +

I'd personally use a slightly more dilute mixture just because of measurement purposes. 1cc is tiny, nevermind 1/4 of that.

Regarding the scale method; I have a relatively cheap .00 that I used to measure my bupe on (.40/pill for the stop signs) and would chunk away until it read between .35 and .36, or roughly an eighth of the whole thing. 1mg bupe approx = 32mg oxycodone (or roughly 1/8 of a sub is 1 p30).

Too diluted of a solution could possibly cause problems with absorption, due to surface area and the like. Not that id would make a differene to the OP, with that tolerance! I'm envious.

And while 1mg bupe = 32mg Oxycodone, that's only speaking in terms of ANALGESIC effect, not fuck-uppedness.

Obviously OP doesn't need pain relief, even if he did that would be like, what, 8mg Oxycodone!!!

Sounds like OP needs to score some Oxycodone, 8mg is like...I would never run out of pills at that tolerance, lol.

Bupe is STRONG MEDICINE. Once, while naive, I snorted 4mg subutex. I was high as a kite for two full days and nights and was nodding the entire first day. It was nearly as euphoric as smoking the old OC80's.

Once accustomed to opioids, of course, bupe doesn't have much of a recreational effect, it just makes you feel normal and blocks w/d symptoms.

But I agree that a opi-naive individual should start at no more than 0.5mg. You can always take more. You can't take less (a lesson I learned with LSD a long time ago).

Status
Not open for further replies.