• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

how can i take my adderall more effactivly for this

pillman1224

Bluelighter
ok have no idea where this belongs. in june 3rd, 4th, and 5th i will be taking life guard training. now obviously i need to get an 80%. basically i dont know the classroom days and the physical days (im assuming they will be combined). heres my problem

1. i hate amphetamies and the way they make me feel and no im not changing my medication its not gonna happen right now.
2. if i do all the stuff before the test without adderall. then take it before the test will i do better. i do have add its just when i do physical exercise on adderall i suck. it takes motivation away from the physical activity but it keeps my pace focused idk it might make me better. but will i remember how as well. i was on amps from grades 3-7 and just now got back on it.

Maybe you could elaborate on what you hate about how amps make you feel. If you feel they speed your mind up to much or have negative physical side effects taking them prior to test could very well reduce performance. But then again I'm assuming your are or were prescribed them for a reason. For my self personally, adderall seems to increase anxiety slightly too much which can hinder focus for obvious reasons but I'm also diagnosed ADD with out hyperactivity and have GAD at best. I find a small amount of benzo smooths the entire experience and makes me ultra focused and productive.

Here's a better question; when are you going to take your meds, when youre actually on duty?! You dont want to "suck" at physical exercise, when rescuing a drowning victim.

- Hopeless

I think he meant it just makes him less motivated to participate in physical activities which I find for myself as well due to an already physically sped up body which makes me not want to elevate hear rate further sometimes. He could have a totally different reason. Regardless I don't think "motivation" will be an issue when it comes to the adrenaline surge of having to rescue a drowning victim. This I speak of from experience.

ok sorry it took so long to get back what do i hate about amps? they take the joy out of everything for me and yes they make me less motivated for physical activity. not scholastic shit or studying it makes those easier (or cleaning or sharpening knives you get the point) i ironically am prescribed benzos as well 1mg klonopin 3x daily and 30mg temazepam at night i just dont take benzos during the day and sure as shit wont take em for this if anything adderall reduces my anxiety.

to 7nos my hope is to learn all the shit w/o adderall then take em before the test to make me better i just wanna make sure state dependent learning doesn't fuck me. i will take them on duty if needed. definitely when there are kids parties thrown at the pool cause that is the most hectic time.

I'm the opposite pillman. I need the adderall to give me the extended focus ability to do the studying portion and when it comes to test time I perform pretty well with out it. Adderall is more of a tool and not something you can rely on. I'm sure you know your body and mind better than anyone so it's hard to tell you when the best or most appropriate time to use it is. I would say if you can study with out it you can probably test just fine with out it and from the sounds of it adderall might not be the best fit for you but I understand you don't plan on changing it anytime soon. I think you should have some more confidence in your self. Wake up with the attitude "yes I can". My intuition is you will pass this test just fine on your own cognitive ability.

I'm the opposite pillman. I need the adderall to give me the extended focus ability to do the studying portion and when it comes to test time I perform pretty well with out it. Adderall is more of a tool and not something you can rely on. I'm sure you know your body and mind better than anyone so it's hard to tell you when the best or most appropriate time to use it is. I would say if you can study with out it you can probably test just fine with out it and from the sounds of it adderall might not be the best fit for you but I understand you don't plan on changing it anytime soon. I think you should have some more confidence in your self. Wake up with the attitude "yes I can". My intuition is you will pass this test just fine on your own cognitive ability.

i dont think i can do the scholastic study without it though. the physical i can do it without do i know they will cross in probably one of the classes.

Interesting... Lifting weights, skateboarding, and fucking are my 3 favorite things to do on adderall. All physical.

Goes to show it effects everyone very differently. Only you can make the decision of what to do in this situation.

alright i see what info i can get on when the physical vs scholastic. i only have 20 5mg pills left and it takes 3 for me to be able to focus. i just never like to redose cause i do not want an amphetamine addiction. if the stuff is on the same day fuck i just dont know. my doc literally said to play around with my dose (but not above 10mg) and gave me the choice of adderall or dexedrine. i chose the adderall cause i was worried about the comedown of dex which i heard is way worse. i really dont want to switch to that cause i have never taken it.

Addiction to any drug can have devastating consequences but I would be more concerned with your current benzodiazepine medication to be frank. I completely understand anxiety and the need to control it to be functional but as you may already be aware, benzos are very hard drugs to come off of and withdraws can be deadly. It seems the worst withdraw stories all come from benzos which is concerning for myself as well. I try and not take any of the aforementioned drugs daily but that is a slippery slope. Anxiety sucks, ADD sucks, anxiety+ADD+addiction=nightmare.

Addiction to any drug can have devastating consequences but I would be more concerned with your current benzodiazepine medication to be frank. I completely understand anxiety and the need to control it to be functional but as you may already be aware, benzos are very hard drugs to come off of and withdraws can be deadly. It seems the worst withdraw stories all come from benzos which is concerning for myself as well. I try and not take any of the aforementioned drugs daily but that is a slippery slope. Anxiety sucks, ADD sucks, anxiety+ADD+addiction=nightmare.

i dont take benzos during the day bud. only at night for sleep which lately i have been using vodka and weed for sleep. but i am to a degree dependent on benzos and have a dosing schedule for my klonopin. i got myself hooked now im getting myself unhooked. yes i am aware the wd can kill ya i appreciate your concern but i am going with the flow on this benzo/alcohol stuff and right now its working and i was aware of those risks i was asking for this to happen not literally but i knew better.

Maybe I misunderstood. I assumed if you were prescribed 3mg klonopin daily you must have been dealing with pretty severe anxiety. what time of day you take them obviously doesn't have anything to do with dependence. Now if rotating your Meds with alcohol is how you choose to self medicate I am not here to lecture or judge you. Being this a harm reduction site is the only reason I mentioned what I did. Best of luck to you.

It's not long term once weed is legal in my state I am going to ask to be tapered and just use a very heavy incdia for sleep. Honestly if I am dependent on 4.5mg of klonopin (yes i got my dose down this way from 6mg) taken once or twice a week generally spreaded out by 5 days what's the worst thay ya think will happen. I have emergency klonopin wafers as backup

Last edited: