• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How can I save my teeth from crystal meth? Please help

SexyTweakerBitch

Bluelighter
I'm really worried about my teeth and my biggest fear is losing them. I honestly would rather be dead then toothless, unless I was able to afford those perfect looking fake teeth that celebs get or really good dentures that look perfectly natural and don't ever fall out in public lol. Anyways I can't afford the dentist and im terrified of going, I haven't been to the dentist in 4 years and last time I was there he didn't say anything about drugs so I don't think he could tell but who knows. I don't feel any pain or discomfort in my mouth and my teeth look ok when I smile but I have noticed some of my gums are starting to recede a little bit and it really freaks me out. I know some people might say to quit using meth but it's not easy when your addicted and been using for 8 years. It's actually the hardest thing in the world for me.

I know I need to get off dope but I don't feel like I'm ready to go through the horrible never ending withdrawal process. For anyone unfamiliar with meth withdrawal symptoms, it's basically all the same effects as the come down but worse because it's more intense and lingers on for months. The only way to get through it is by sleeping 16+ hours a day for at least a month and I don't have enough free time to make that happen. Any advice would be very helpful to me and any long term meth users wether you still have your teeth or not any reply is welcome and appreciated.

Hi, this sounds really stupid but gently brushing your gums, inside your cheeks, tongue, and roof of your mouth instead of just your teeth. And, trying to stay hydrated. I used to just brush my teeth however, ive found the best way of keeping them clean is actually my gums because dry mouth, heat, and such would cause painful irritation that is barely noticuble but builds over years.

First, I'm glad you're alive since the average lifespan is 7 years for a meth user. Realize that you will always have an excuse to not quit and that there will never be a good time until you die a painful death which will likely be soon. That being said, meth users do not care about their nutrition which will affect their teeth. Supplements like magnesium, calcium, and boron would be helpful as would making sure you eat nutritious foods regularly. If you know nothing about proper nutrition, think foods that are actually found in nature like meat and veggies vs twinkies. Stay away from soft drinks, fruits, and acidic foods as this will only hasten the inevitable meth mouth. You probably grind your teeth without knowing since ppl on uppers do this, so you could wear a mouthguard for the times you sleep.