• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe How can I get mild euphoria while I have a sub tolerance.

sonicwhite

Bluelighter
Ok I’m at sixteen mg of Suboxone strips. I find it impossible to get that mild nod euphoria I had when I started the,. I was on a hydrocodone 100 mg a day habit. First I was prescribed sixteen mg and I told them I could hardly take eight so they changed to eight.

Than I slipped up and started to abuse hydrocodone again and I told the nurse that and she gave me a chance. She upped it to sixteen and I’ve been taking four mg a day but sometimes I go higher.

I never go past sixteen tho. So my question is how can I retain that euphoria I get when I lower m dose and then take my full sixteen.

Do I just repeat what I’m doing? I’m not an IV user and their strips so I can’t snort them. Any advice my fellow bluelighters?

Anyone?

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly man you're never going to get that back, unless you detox yourself off them for a month then take them again. Best thing you can do is wait until you're in withdrawal from the subs then take a nice dose, it will feel a little better. You have to realize being on suboxone maintenance that it's not about feeling a high anymore, it's about getting used to not feeling high and being able to build your life back up again because you're not using. Take it as you will, this is like the 10th post from you asking this question, you're just going to have to accept reality or go back to using if you want to get high.

So many of us are in torment trying to recover from these dependencies and this post appears wanting support in abusing the mother of all opioids.

You're borrowing tomorrow's euphoria. You are already in incredible debt. We'll be here when it's time for you to get off sub and you have to taper down to sand to avoid crippling withdrawals.

I’m sorry folks. I guess when I went into getting my Suboxone I was wanting to stop because I was going to go to H. I see now that maybe I should of went into doing H just to realize how hard rock bottom is. Again I’m not trying to find that nod out type of high. Just the Anti depressant type off feeling by.

Best thing you can do is get your dose down to 2 mg or less and wait until you are in withdrawal and take your dose. Low dose bupe has great anti-depressant effects.

Some people may think this I'd bad advice but one of the things that kept me from chasing other highs was to put my dose of strips into a little bit of water and snort it. You can snort it with a straw but they best way is to put it into an oral syringe or break the needle off the syringe and squirt it up your nose.

You will need to use half your sublingual dosage with insufflation because it is twice as potent. But like I said using 2 mg or less is the way to go if you want to get the best feeling. So if you usually take your dose in the morning you should wait longer until you feel like shit and use 2 mg with this method. You might find this is enough to hold you. If its not later in the day you can do another mg, etc.

I just suffer from depression. I’m not quite sure any antidepressants ever worked. I notice when I take only half a strip for like three days and than take my prescribed dose which is 8mg I get All talkative and I’m just out of my depression. No opiate glow or anything.

I’m not really into snorting things any,ore. I kinda wished I never got on this drug because I hear so many horror stories. Hopefully tho my withdrawal will not be as bad as I’ve heard ppl say it is.

I know this really sucks Sonic White. Nobody means to remotely undercut your desire for relief from depression and anxiety. We all share many of the same struggles dude, so in that way, I'm totally with you. It's why I have used Opioids and become addicted to and dependent upon them, but we really don't like to allow "how do I get high"-esque forums to take up space in the forums that are dedicated to Harm Reduction. It's not that we don't want to help you get high. I do actually, as a friend, but we only have so much room on the front pages of our HR forums and by allowing recreationally-oriented threads to take up that space, we could be depriving folks who have a real, urgent need for advice in situations that could be potentially life-threatening.

I don't mean to be a Nazi, but I really am just out to protect the principles of our forum, which are dedicated in a clear way to Harm Reduction. If it's a matter of personal safety, we will be right there, but this isn't.