• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How can I boost my DHC

Lizzie81

Greenlighter
Hey guys, I get prescribed 230 30mg DHC tablets a month. Obviously I’ve built up a huge tolerance over the last year. Has anyone got any advice on how I can increase its effects, increase the high I guess. I’m doing the first generation antihistamine with it. I just bought a load of grapefruit juice but there seems to be conflicting opinions on that. Any tips would be greatly appreciated

From what I know ( which isn't a whole lot ) the only thing that is going to get you back to where you want to be is to get your tolerance back down. I am gonna assume you take 8 tablets a day ( maybe less ) and then try and potentiate them with the anti-histamine.

I heard grapefruit juice is a big maybe. First of all it has to be white ( not ruby red ) and it has to be 100% white grapefruit juice. And even then people say that it just doesn't make that big of a difference. Maybe it will for you but don't expect too much.

Once we take meds for long periods of time with no breaks about all we can really do is take a break to reset our tolerance. If you need them for pain and can't take a little break maybe you could use something else every few days so that your DHC would work better.

What makes grapefruit juice “potentate” is the myrcene, it is a terpene, but there isn’t a whole lot in grapefruit juice, you would have to drink a shitload of it, or you can order myrcene oil, makes it a little easier to get the dose you need to notice any difference

Thank you for replying. I think I knew ultimately cutting down would be the only real way, I was wishfully thinking someone might have an easier solution!
Yes I do take them for pain, although I’ve definitely become dependent on the way they make me feel. Their analgesic affect have wained over the months as well. I had been offered tramadol but I don’t really think there’s much between the two, plus tramadol just puts me to sleep!

What makes grapefruit juice “potentate” is the myrcene, it is a terpene, but there isn’t a whole lot in grapefruit juice, you would have to drink a shitload of it, or you can order myrcene oil, makes it a little easier to get the dose you need to notice any difference
Thank you!

Hey guys, I get prescribed 230 30mg DHC tablets a month. Obviously I’ve built up a huge tolerance over the last year. Has anyone got any advice on how I can increase its effects, increase the high I guess. I’m doing the first generation antihistamine with it. I just bought a load of grapefruit juice but there seems to be conflicting opinions on that. Any tips would be greatly appreciated
Do you smoke weed? I recently got moon rocks at the smoke shop. It’s delta 8, 10, and thc-0. I’m sure you’ve heard of the delta 8 craze. Anyway, I rolled a blunt of that last night and got high af. I always found with any opiates, weed increased the high. I’m guessing you’re in the UK or Australia. So idk the legality of delta 8 there. I find delta 9 (regular weed) gives me anxiety and disphoria. I have to smoke enough to let it build up in my system and I get a little tolerance. That’s the way it used to be. Idk now that I’m older. Last 2 times I smoked it, I didn’t like how I felt. And when I tried the delta 8 vape pens, I didn’t like that either. But the moon rocks or flower is perfect for me. Maybe try it out.

Do you smoke weed? I recently got moon rocks at the smoke shop. It’s delta 8, 10, and thc-0. I’m sure you’ve heard of the delta 8 craze. Anyway, I rolled a blunt of that last night and got high af. I always found with any opiates, weed increased the high. I’m guessing you’re in the UK or Australia. So idk the legality of delta 8 there. I find delta 9 (regular weed) gives me anxiety and disphoria. I have to smoke enough to let it build up in my system and I get a little tolerance. That’s the way it used to be. Idk now that I’m older. Last 2 times I smoked it, I didn’t like how I felt. And when I tried the delta 8 vape pens, I didn’t like that either. But the moon rocks or flower is perfect for me. Maybe try it out.
Thank you! No I don’t smoke weed anymore, I did years ago. Last couple of times I’ve nabbed some from my son, it’s made me super anxious with palpitations etc. I’m sure he’s heard of it, I’ll ask him.
I’m in the U.K. yes, but that never seems to stop my son 🤣

Thank you! No I don’t smoke weed anymore, I did years ago. Last couple of times I’ve nabbed some from my son, it’s made me super anxious with palpitations etc. I’m sure he’s heard of it, I’ll ask him.
I’m in the U.K. yes, but that never seems to stop my son 🤣
Ask your son if you have delta 8 at the smoke shop. It’s so much more mellow of a high with no heart palpitations or paranoia. Keep us posted.

Last edited:
This is such an ubiquitous among chronic drug users in general. I've been through this myself so many times. Tolerance. We tend to think that increasing the potency of the drug is the answer and it makes sense logically. It takes time and experience to realize that there is a wall that you hit with tolerance to just about any drug. Cannabis is my DOC, if you will, at this point in my life. I use it everyday, once in the morning and once at night, though occasionally, on a shitty day, I'll have a midday smoke as well. However, if I smoke three times a day, every day, I will hit that proverbial wall.

The "wall" is where you start to get astronomically disproportionate returns from your usage of a drug. If my tolerance to Cannabis is astronomical, I can still do a full-gram dab and it will work, but if I take just two days off from smoking and consume my normal quantity of bud, the experience is just 10 times better.

I've travelled a little bit and being in places where drugs are cheap was a lesson. I used to think "what if I had all the Heroin I wanted? What then?", as if that would be the answer to all of my problems. When I found myself alone, able to inject 3 grams of Heroin a day if I wanted... I got bored. Yes, bored. This lead me to address my usage. Nobody else asked me or made me. It was having unlimited access that showed me that wall.

The lesson really is that moderation with all things allows you to enjoy them more fully, more deeply. I've spent hours and days researching ways to "boost Methadone" or "potentiate Heroin" and although it sounds corny or bullshit, the best way to get that "potentiation" I was after, was to moderate my usage.

To potentiate Codeine, for instance, you can induce the enzyme CYP2D6, which converts Codeine to Morphine, but your options are limited to stuff like Dexmethasone or Rifampin the latter of which is a potent antibiotic. I wouldn't recommend trying either of these. I would try to be mindful and ask yourself what you really want and examine what it is you're actually getting from your usage. Sometimes we really get lost, myself included.

A quick Google search for myrcene has no mention of grapefruit or it having drug interactions.

This is from Wikipedia regarding Grapefruit and drug interactions...

“The effects are caused by furanocoumarins (and, to a lesser extent, flavonoids).[11] These chemicals inhibit key drug metabolizing enzymes, such as cytochrome P450 3A4(CYP3A4). CYP3A4 is a metabolizing enzyme for almost 50% of drugs, and is found in the liver and small intestinal epithelial cells.[12] As a result, many drugs are affected. Inhibition of enzymes can have two different effects, depending on whether the drug is either

1. metabolized by the enzyme to an inactive metabolite, or
  2. activated by the enzyme to an active metabolite.”
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grapefruit–drug_interactions

A quick Google search for myrcene has no mention of grapefruit or it having drug interactions.

This is from Wikipedia regarding Grapefruit and drug interactions...

“The effects are caused by furanocoumarins (and, to a lesser extent, flavonoids).[11] These chemicals inhibit key drug metabolizing enzymes, such as cytochrome P450 3A4(CYP3A4). CYP3A4 is a metabolizing enzyme for almost 50% of drugs, and is found in the liver and small intestinal epithelial cells.[12] As a result, many drugs are affected. Inhibition of enzymes can have two different effects, depending on whether the drug is either

1. metabolized by the enzyme to an inactive metabolite, or
  2. activated by the enzyme to an active metabolite.”
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grapefruit–drug_interactions
Myrcene oil has a noticeable effect, give it a try, and it’s actually in the rind of. Grapefruit if I remember

Myrcene oil has a noticeable effect, give it a try, and it’s actually in the rind of. Grapefruit if I remember

I can’t find any evidence that it’s in grapefruit but I did find some that it’s in hops and Cannabis sativa (A lot!).
I also found a link saying it was a sedative (Not sure the dosage.) comparable to phenobarbital and also that naloxone stops the analgesic effect it has but it doesn’t work on the opioid receptors, suggesting it’s releasing endogenous opioids.

As I said I can’t find evidence that it is in grapefruit or that it interacts with drugs in a similar way as whatever is in grapefruit.

I can’t find any evidence that it’s in grapefruit but I did find some that it’s in hops and Cannabis sativa (A lot!).
I also found a link saying it was a sedative (Not sure the dosage.) comparable to phenobarbital and also that naloxone stops the analgesic effect it has but it doesn’t work on the opioid receptors, suggesting it’s releasing endogenous opioids.

As I said I can’t find evidence that it is in grapefruit or that it interacts with drugs in a similar way as whatever is in grapefruit.
Don’t know what to tell ya bud, I use oil so I don’t really care where it comes from

Don’t know what to tell ya bud, I use oil so I don’t really care where it comes from

After reading what I did and that link I put in my other post about myrcene, it does seem to definitely be doing something (Being a sedative if comparability to phenobarbital and also seeming to be an endogenous opioid releaser.).
I’m just wondering if you can remember where you got the info’ about it interacting similarly to grapefruit and obviously a link would be great?
Thanks. 👍

A simple google search will show that myrcene is one of the terpenes along with limonene the majority in grapefruit….again I don’t know what your looking for buddy…myrcene is in grapefruit I’m sure if you drink enough of it you can get enough myrcene which would be similar to taking myrcene oil…obviously an extract would be the way to go considering the amount of grapefruit you would have to consume

I like Dhc....grapefruit juice must be do the trick i think....and plug in the ass crushed&diluted in water pills.never tried,vut it must work

Grapefruit is no good for codeine and dihydrocodeine as it inhibits the CYP-2D6 and CYP-3A4 enzymes.
CYP-2D6 converts codeine to morphine and CYP-3A4 converts codeine to the non active norcodeine.
Obviously inhibiting CYP-2D6 will significantly reduce the buzz from codeine but if you could selectively inhibit CYP-3A4 you’d get more codeine and potentially more morphine.

Promethazine (Brand names Phenergan, Sominex.) a first generation anti-histamine is a CYP-2D6 and CYP-3A4 enzyme inducer, so taken with codeine/DHC you’d end up with more converted to morphine/dihydromorphine.
Though if you use it with methadone more is converted to the very weak/useless normethadone.

Grapefruit is no good for codeine and dihydrocodeine as it inhibits the CYP-2D6 and CYP-3A4 enzymes.
CYP-2D6 converts codeine to morphine and CYP-3A4 converts codeine to the non active norcodeine.
Obviously inhibiting CYP-2D6 will significantly reduce the buzz from codeine but if you could selectively inhibit CYP-3A4 you’d get more codeine and potentially more morphine.

Promethazine (Brand names Phenergan, Sominex.) a first generation anti-histamine actually speeds up those enzymes, so increases codeine/DHC to morphine/dihydromorphine (Good) and methadone to normethadone (Bad), so you could try taking that.
Don’t take it often as it breaks down in to effectively a first generation anti-psychotic and will ‘numb’ you.