• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

How Big or Small a Role Does THC Play?

SoberX

Greenlighter
In pot there are more than 30 active chemicals, so that begs a very simple question. How much of the high is caused by the active chemicals in pot few people have heard of? Given the diversity of organic chemicals within the plant, would it be possible to create pot that was 100% THC free yet still caused intoxication?

This may seem terrible from a recreational standpoint, but being able to manipulate the chemical makeup of pot plants could allow the effectiveness of medical marijuana to reach never-before-seen levels.

Gene sequencing is already under way. There was a group in Japan trying to get bacterial expression of Cannabis, but that went nowhere (no publications, patents, etc).

There are likely 100+ active chemicals in Cannabis and yeah if we could manipulate the chemical makeup of the plant that would be an absolute breakthrough.

Soon my friend.

Tom

Salutations,

...a very simple question.

With some serious implications, for example:

8o

...would it be possible to create pot...

There was a group in Japan... ...but that went nowhere (no publications, patents, etc).

Considering results as the one mentioned above i'd rather trust natural evolution against mercantile motivation anytime! Unfortunately "scientifics" and "doctors" (e.g. bigot activists all too often) just can't accept that, not even traditional genetics selection through normal time-proven cultivation methods, so this is the sort of monster-drug they get instead.

IMHO the choice is all too easy to make: just put an end to prohibition and let adults care for adults in respect and dignity, ultimately the outcome shall prove durable on planet Itnoc (In The Name Of Children)!...

Good day, have fun!! =D

I'm not convinced of delta-9-THC's role at all in the induction of the cannabis high after once obtaining a script for pure, synthetic delta-9-THC dissolved in sesame oil gelcaps by the brand name, Dronabinol. These pills did fuck nothing resembling any kind of desirable weed high, even if you ate a handful. And the bottle was $400 for a months' supply nearly 20 years ago! It was an epic fail for me and big pharma which I did not repeat.

Pure THC will get you high, but it will feel different from any weed high you've ever had. There exists pure THC-a or THC distillate, I've dabbed them both and it's a strange high, but generally what you'd expect.