how bad is running?

uacvax

Bluelighter
what's the punishment for if you're caught speeding and the cops chase after you but you make a quick getaway?

say u let someone borrow ur car that night, or just go park it somewhere and report it stolen.. either way, u got away how can they prove it was you driving your car in court?

sounds like it could be resisting arrest, disorderly conduct, or a number of other charges. penalties vary from state to state.

you run the risk of facing much stiffer penalities for running from the police, especially in a car. in most situations -- like DUI or simple possession -- running from the police will usually make things much worse.

what if you had just driven past a speed trap, and the cop had just started to pull out, you could see that in your rear view mirror. Is it illegal to floor it and hightail it outta there?

I've done that. Just tear ass past a speed trap. (No a photo trap or anything, but like motorcycle cops standing with a radar gun or a parked cop car.)

Yeah it's illegal, but you got away so who cares. It's not a crime until you're convicted. ;)

but what if you got caught trying to do that? Legally, the evidence they have is of you going only slightly past the speed limit, but what if I floored it after this happened and they caught up with me?

Yeah if you get caught, you're in trouble. I don't know about a specific crime, but I'm a sure a cop will nail you with what ever they can if they know that's what you were trying to do. (eluding, obstruction, wreckless driving/endangerment, etc.)

Yeah, I bet you'd get wreckless driving if you really "floored it" and ended up getting caught. Better hope you don't hit a traffic jam.