• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

how bad is my withdrawal going to be?

frostedsmoke

Greenlighter
Okay I hate post that go on and on forever so let's get to the point,

meth user for 4years, went from a gram a day to a paper or less.

So I wake up, smoke a bowl, take a quarter of a xanax (so I eat), smoke throughout the day, then take a 15mg oxy to fall asleep. I make sure I eat and sleep daily so I don't look like the stereotypical "tweaker"

I'm a 25yr old female , was just wondering what exactly I should expect from the withdrawal, since I sleep and eat will I still have the excessive sleep and hunger for the first week? And will the pills cause any withdrawal symptoms even though I'm not taking large doses?
I know I'm not using big amounts, but it's been 4years every day, I'm sure it's taken some toll.

Im not sure we can answer this as we all react differently when stopping drugs. Fwiw, amphetamines arent really physically addictive like opiates or benzos. I imagine you will be tired, hungry, and moody but you can overcome those if you really want. I will leave open for a bit but if the speculation begins, will shut it down. Good luck, you can do it.

You didn't seem to mention how long you've been taking a quarter xanax and the oxy for, (unless it was 4 years?). You also didn't mention the mg dosage of Xanax. And these are the two that will potentially give you the worst WD symptoms. So it would be impossible to tell you. But if the xanax and oxy WD are bad, and top that with the mental WD from meth, it's going to be really hard. But it doesn't sound like you are on a lot of Xanax or Oxy, even though you didn't provide quite enough info, I just get the impression. It took me nearly seven months to begin withdrawing from a missed dose of heroin after near daily use. So if you've yet to experience any WD, then your WD probably shouldn't be too bad if they ever come. If your mostly coming off meth, you'll just sleep. Good luck!

Edit: With that said, I would guess that the worst of your WD will be extreme fatigue, malaise, lethargicness, etc.

Last edited:
I know people that have quit and they used a lot! Meth withdraw is more mental than physical. Example if you use heroine you get dope sick, that's why it's really tough to kick. Meth is more mental. The depression and self loathing is overwhelming. But it doesn't last long. With you sleeping and eating it's shouldn't be too hard. Just stay out of your head and be positive. It's worked for a lot of folks I've seen get off it

I'm with KC5 on this one. We really can't help predict the severity of your withdrawal for a couple of reasons. First, as KC said, everybody's body is different and some will be more affected than others. Secondly, the psychological component of drug withdrawal is huge. Your ability to "mind over matter" the situation will greatly affect how subjectively bad it is. Anyway, I've got a couple questions.

Is a paper of Methamphetamine like ~100mg? Is a "quarter" of a Xanax (Alprazolam) meaning a quarter of a bar (2mg)? It's possible that you might experience some minor discomfort from the minor usage of the Benzodiazepine and the Opioid, but I think you're more likely just to feel uncomfortable due to the absence of your normal routine with these drugs and their ability to help you get through your day, as opposed to your body actually fighting to regain homeostasis, causing the objective withdrawal experience.

I imagine it's going to be an adjustment quitting all of these powerful drugs, but it can be done. You've reduced your Amphetamine use already, your Benzo/Opioid dosages are reasonable, so from where I stand, your prognosis is good. I would expect you to be able to function and go to work. Again, everyone is different.