• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc How bad is a short inhalant bender?

a40oztohell

Bluelighter
I went through almost 4 5oz bottles of spray deodorant today and Holy shit.. It doesnt even feel like a 'dirty high'. This intense euphoric feeling of dissociation, followed by an intense *wirwir* auditory sound, then with this weird physical nodding(?)/ half flopping around for 30sec to a minute.
i know that it's literally cutting off oxygen but how bad can this one hour and a half bender be for me realistically? I just ran out and i dont feel any nasty after effects, aome chest pressure from not breathing much but besides that i feel 100%

I stupidly sniffed carpet cleaner a few times as a kid. In my defense this was before i could google will this kill me or completely fubar me. Now there really isnt much of a excuse for that.

About all i remember from sniffing that was everything looked like a carton for awile it was fucked.

I stupidly sniffed carpet cleaner a few times as a kid. In my defense this was before i could google will this kill me or completely fubar me. Now there really isnt much of a excuse for that.

About all i remember from sniffing that was everything looked like a carton for awile it was fucked.
at least you were a kid. Im almost 20yo I should know better by now 😑.

Feeling like im poisoned right now. Stomach pain, head ache, slight uncomfortable dissociation. Was NOT worth a minute long high.

at least you were a kid. Im almost 20yo I should know better by now 😑.

Feeling like im poisoned right now. Stomach pain, head ache, slight uncomfortable dissociation. Was NOT worth a minute long high.

You live and learn :)

Not everyone has this direct experience at least

I think this realization was a happy twist in your story

Never again. Plus the taste of spray deodorant when it soaks thru the towel too much is also horrible.
Almost as bad as taaka vodka.
Omg, Taaka vodka is nasty. I remember withdrawing and having to go to the ER. Nasty hallucinations and people around me literally morphing into these weird creatures and I couldn't decipher reality or if I was dreaming. It was just totally wacked what that shit did to me. I'll never take that brand again. Or any vodka for that matter 😝 😝

I went through almost 4 5oz bottles of spray deodorant today and Holy shit.. It doesnt even feel like a 'dirty high'. This intense euphoric feeling of dissociation, followed by an intense *wirwir* auditory sound, then with this weird physical nodding(?)/ half flopping around for 30sec to a minute.
i know that it's literally cutting off oxygen but how bad can this one hour and a half bender be for me realistically? I just ran out and i dont feel any nasty after effects, aome chest pressure from not breathing much but besides that i feel 100%

As said previously, it is much worse than cutting off oxygen (which is bad enough...).

The high you're describing isn't just a "high", it's literally your brain cells and organs dying.

There is no such thing as safe volatile solvent (duster) use. The high cannot be separated from permanent organ and brain damage.

Continual inhalant use will inevitably end in death or you becoming a vegetable.

Please switch to N2O cartridges, which are less damaging and also relatively cheap. It's also a better high than fuckin duster/deodorant.

We don't have a ton of good research in this arena. Inhalant abusers are notorious for existing on the fringes of society - even those addicted to more "mainstream" drugs see inhalant abuse as a somewhat alien practice.

This means inhalant abusers are notoriously difficult to identify, engage with or study. The majority of glue/petrol sniffers are likely homeless youths in developing countries.

We know it is a dangerous and harmful practice in general, though this highlights another important point: inhalants are a broad group of substances with no doubt varying effects and levels of associated danger. An inhalant can be gasoline, glue... even nitrous (which is essentially harmless) is often grouped with inhalants. This all muddies the water.

If it was one brief episode, you are more than likely going to survive, capable of living a long, happy, normal life.

Purely for the sake of a single reference, there was a lady on "Intervention" whose DOC and only drug of abuse was "Duster". She would use several cans a day. She wal also a med-stufent with no history of "partying" in any way, shape or form, further contributing to my little "outlier" statement

She recovered and was layer on the show speaking eloquently of her recovery. She was a heavy user and she made it out, so I'm sure you can too with your short binge.

Omg, Taaka vodka is nasty. I remember withdrawing and having to go to the ER. Nasty hallucinations and people around me literally morphing into these weird creatures and I couldn't decipher reality or if I was dreaming. It was just totally wacked what that shit did to me. I'll never take that brand again. Or any vodka for that matter 😝 😝
Taaka used to make me very paranoid and on edge more than any other alcohol.
Used to drink an entire bottle at 15 to 17 with these OGs in a park and that shit tasted like straight hand sanitizer too.

It's way worse than just cutting off oxygen.

N2O and ether are the only inhalants you should bother with. Also xenon if you have access to that. ;)
Lol xenon sounds wild be awesome to try that tripping but access denied I fear

Yep nitrous whip cream cans are the only safe thing to inhale from a retail store in terms of inhalant unless you are somewhere that sells ether OTC not in America I wonder if they have xenon at the university lab but that's their business it isn't for sale if they study with it certainly how dare he bring that up

We used to spray deodorant and light it on fire also spray someone's shirt then light it up never inhaled it but I huffed before now I know the latent risk of permanent brain damage or death from huffing toxic inhalants

Lol I have to read more on xenon on Erowid sounds crazy and rare like an insiders inhalant extremely exclusive not that I should go shop for some hah but if I ever came across someone doing it why not

Last edited:
Even N20 is bad. After i get it at the dentist they give pure O2 after.