• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids How bad can constipation get with codeine use ?

chrisp1995

Bluelighter
Been using codeine and dhc 60 mg and 30 mg tablets.

Everytime i go to the toilet after using the next day or same day i literally can’t get a shit out or if i do it feels like it’s going to be big and a tiny hard pebble comes out if i’m lucky also i’m straining very hard causing aches in the side of my stomach from straining.

I have been using suppository’s and also stool softeners and drinking more water and taking in more fibre but does not make a difference.

Is this common to get it this bad is this what everyone goes through taking opioids it feels really bad tbh.

Yes it happens sometimes. Eat split pea soup. Stuff will bust through a concrete block ime
what’s split pea my mate and i need something bad how extreme do you get constipation to what extent can you walk me through because i don’t feel like this is normal constipation??

Codeine is the absolute worst for constipation. It plugs people up so well that Dr's give it to the climbers on Mt. Everest when they get diahreah from high altitute sickness. Codeine will stop the runs in it's tracks in 45 minutes.

That's why you are constipated. It's is the absolute best opiate to stop the runs. In your case.....you want to go. So the only thing you can do is grab some ex-lax or maybe even an enema. Depends on how long you have been constipated. If it is hurting and really bothering you i would go with the enema. If it's just been a day or so since you went i would go with the ex lax.

what’s split pea my mate and i need something bad how extreme do you get constipation to what extent can you walk me through because i don’t feel like this is normal constipation??
Split pea soup is a soup made with split ( or halved ) dried peas, ham, onions, potato and carrots.

Yummy stuff in the winter.

Codeine is the absolute worst for constipation. It plugs people up so well that Dr's give it to the climbers on Mt. Everest when they get diahreah from high altitute sickness. Codeine will stop the runs in it's tracks in 45 minutes.

That's why you are constipated. It's is the absolute best opiate to stop the runs. In your case.....you want to go. So the only thing you can do is grab some ex-lax or maybe even an enema. Depends on how long you have been constipated. If it is hurting and really bothering you i would go with the enema. If it's just been a day or so since you went i would go with the ex lax.
Do they that’s a fun fact and i would love it if i did have the the runs at this moment and time, and tbh i don’t really go overboard with it i use of a weekend maybe have 6 pills a day at most and then the next day might have some dhc tablets but soon as i’ve had them the next two days with out them or while i’m on them i can’t literally shit i get bad wind and gas stomach growls and go to the toilet and just can’t force one out i strain so bad i end up with pains the next day in my sides where i have been straining and when i do finally get one out it is a tiny little rabbit pop that is he’s and follows by a few more round balls one after each other with huge force to get them out and i still feel like there is shit waiting to come out that just can’t get out and takes 3/4 days of having no tablets for it to go back to normal is this common for this to happen everytime ? and how come it is happening i know people who go mad with these tablets and can shit, i’m actually taking stool softeners 4x a day drinking ore water taking in a lot of fibre in my diet and using suppository’s and when i take the suppository i will go the toilet but only foamy water comes out and is like a mucus type thick water after the suppository????