How Bad Are My Withdrawals Going to Be??

Sharp91

Greenlighter
Hello,

*I have* been using Heroin IV once or twice a day for 2 weeks straight, and smoking for about a month. If they were to quit cold turkey today how bad would the withdrawals be, what can they expect? How long will the physical discomfort last? If anyone has any helpful hints to speed up the process or make it more bearable that would be really cool. Any and all info would be greatly appreciated. *I am* ready to be clean, just want to know what *I am* in for, *do I* need to get *my* shifts covered and such.

Thank you for your help!

*edited by Moreaux to remove SWIM for better readability

Last edited by a moderator:
u can stop swimming. Your withdrawals are going to be shitty. HOw much are you using? Day 5 here. Its gonna be hard man. Especially if you never been through it before. Its gonna be pretty damn scary. I'm not going to lie to you. Being dopesick is hell. The thing you got going for you is you havnt been dopesick a lot. It just gets worse with relapse.

You should get those shifts covered asap.

The physical wd can last up to two weeks, it's not so much the fact that you only shot for 2 weeks, it's that you used continuously for a month.

You can speed up the healing process after going through physical wd's with psychedelics, you could try a ketamine clinic (works great for the pain of wd) as I have heard wonders when used properly.

You can expect to not sleep or want to eat for 3-4 days, after not sleeping for 24-48 hours you can begin to hallucinate, you will not be able to shit solid for at least 3 weeks, your legs and body ache in an unimaginable way and you are both exhausted and unable to sleep, you will then begin to sleep for maybe 10 minutes at a time, then a few hours, then you begin to eat again, then you begin to speak normally again, then you call your dealer to do it all again some other day in the near future.

:)

Best of luck OP I sincerely hope you beat its ass and never go back

It's going to hurt as they say above. But on the positive side, you're not too far down the rabbit hole time wise, 6 weeks isn't a long habit. I'd imagine you'll bounce back fairly quick after a week or two of feeling rough as a badgers ass.

There is good chance you will have little to no withdrawals. if lately you have only been doing two shots and nothing else in a day you should have almost no withdrawals.

Good call on trying to nip this in the bud. If you do end up having some withdrawals take some stock in the fact that they are mild in comparison to where you will end up if you continue down this road.

Jump.. You can do this and will be very glad you did!

Yo its not going to hurt as much as that one poster said. If your in good overall health it shouldnt be that bad. I mean I'm on day 5 I been using for a month and I'm shitting solid? I also slept for 10 hours yesterday with no medication. I'm a pro at it by this point. I can't do anything though. My hair is a total mess. Havn't shaved. Havn't put on new clothes. Just a total mess.

Thanks guys, really appreciate it. Does anyone know of anything that helps with the withdrawal symptoms (other than ketamine or Psychedelics)? Prescription meds or over the counter stuff i should stock up on before I start to really kick?

Take advil. I dunno about over the counter. Some people take immodium. I tried it once. Didn't do anything. I like clondadine benzos and weed during withdrawal. Thats just me though. Dont take benadryl to sleep. Shit will fuck u up. Really u should make everything is in order with your life so u dont need to worry about anything for 2 weeks.

If you take lots of immodium (loperamide), it'll help bung up the shits and take the edge off the withdrawal.

Lope is a potent opiate that only works on the opiate receptors in your digestive system. It's practically impossible to get high off. It used to be prescribed for opiate withdrawal before the big guns methadone and bupe became popular. For it to work for me, I needed a huge dose (120mg) for it to make a difference. Note that this is very unhealthy and potentially dangerous for your heart, start at low dose and work up. Some people say 12mg makes a difference, with my habit (coming off years of daily pod abuse) I needed far more.

Don't take lope for more than a few days, especially at high doses. An unlucky few have got addicted to it and ultimately suffered heart failure, so it's no joke.

Other than lope, I found megadosing ascorbate acid (a form of vitamin C) was really helpful. It gave me the get up and go I needed to continue working and being a good parent through the withdrawal. A lot of people scoff at the idea of vitamin C making a difference, but there's plenty of people for whom it's made a difference. Every little helps.

Really, withdrawal can be made easier if you approach it in the right frame of mind. I always try to take acid and dmt when I'm right in the worst of wd (around 48 hours). It does help reduce the pain, but more importantly gives my psyche a jump-start and allows a more positive outlook.

If this is your first cluck you're likely to be t-boned by the intensity and length of time it lasts. Try to bear in mind the pain comes in waves, a wave of pain will be followed by a wave of relief soon enough. As mentioned above, the fact that it is your first cluck should mean you recovery quick.

Once you're through the acute pain, the real hard work starts. Pain is temporary, and soon enough you'll have rose tinted glasses and the addiction will try all sorts of tricks to get you back on the dope. I've lost count of the times I've withdrawn, then fallen off the wagon again. Maybe 20 times over 12 years or so. And believe me, the withdrawal gets worse every time.

Good luck, keep us updated and reach out to us if and when you have a wobble. :)

For a user of that short duration, the very real threat of relapse will be a much greater concern than any physical symptoms, which I expect would be relatively mild and certainly not unbearable after that time period. It usually takes a while to get the monkey on your back.