• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

How am I ever supposed to know if my molly is actually MDMA?

Meow1243

Bluelighter
So I've rolled before and after a few years of sobriety I am looking to roll again. In the past my come up would take 30-45 minutes, the peak lasted about 2 hours, and the come down took about another 2 hours. The molly that I took was sold as pure MDMA yet the duration of my roll doesn't match up with that of MDMA. However the feelings associated my roll sounded like the effects of MDMA. I loved everybody, my whole body felt amazing, increased energy, jaw clenching, eye wiggles, increased body temperature, and I felt much more open as opposed to my usual introverted self.

I've read that the marquis test can only identify the presence of MDMA like substances (MDA, MDE, MDMA), not actually MDMA itself. That the Simon's can differentiate between MDMA and MDA. Yet there are so many other substances cut with MDMA such as ketamine, methylone, 2c-b, and many others. I want to roll again but this time I want to be more cautious and be sure of what it is I'm taking. The molly I buy always comes in the form of a crystal, never powder or in pill form. I just want pure MDMA T.T

most often, substances like methylone/mephedrone/2c-b/... are not mixed with a mdxx substance, so you can prevent yourself from buying misrepresented drugs most of the time with a simple marquis test.

sometimes adulterants like amphetamine in mdma can be identified with marquis by spreading out a little amount of powder thinly on a surface and putting a drop in it. if you see orange blobs beside purple ones, there's almost certainly some amphetamine in there.

but if you really want to be 100% sure what you're taking, lab testing is your only option. depending on where you live there might even be free, government-funded options available.
theoretically, doing a thin layer chromatography combined with for instance marquis reagent could give you a lot more information than a simple marquis test. the procedure itself could easily be done at home, but you'd need a verified protocol that works (i doubt that anyone has done that yet for testing ecstasy pills / mdma crystals) and ideally also certified pure reference substances. so the easiest, most reliable method is still sending your stuff off to a lab.

what others said, test kits they dont cost much and you can tell somewhat the purity by how fast how dark the color turns.

wont show impurities ofc.

smoke it. mdma/mda will taste like rootbeer/licorice and itll melt down and turn blood red

You dont even need to inhale it, just melt a tiny bit on some tinfoil and if it turns red you know its good, could also smell it but if your worried about inhaling then dont. If you dont own a test kit I think this is the best test.