• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Hot press?

Gary White

Bluelighter
I was at a party a while ago and a guy showed up with some concentrate in a Carmex jar that looked like Carmex but he said it was the stuff that comes out of buds when you squeeze them in a hot press. I see they do sell one on Amazon but I wasn't sure how well they work. He says he has access to some kind of hydraulic thing that puts down 20,000 pounds or something. Anyone else using something like this? I will say that stuff was kick ass. He had a little brass tube about an eighth of an inch ID that he heated with a lighter and dipped into the wax and then you suck the vapor out the other end. Real smooth and really strong.

It's called rosin. I'm a fan. It doesn't use butane or any solution for that matter, so it's comparatively clean and the production process is non-flammable. Depending on your resources, it can also be inexpensive. Before the presses became available on Amazon I tried using a curling iron, which was really ghetto and only partially worked. Don't waste your time on a curling iron.

The models off of Amazon will be worth it if:

1) You have access to a lot of inexpensive flower

or

2) You have no/bad access to concentrates.

The dab rig you used is called a honey dabber -- there are other names but that's one of the popular ones.

I was at a party a while ago and a guy showed up with some concentrate in a Carmex jar that looked like Carmex but he said it was the stuff that comes out of buds when you squeeze them in a hot press. I see they do sell one on Amazon but I wasn't sure how well they work. He says he has access to some kind of hydraulic thing that puts down 20,000 pounds or something. Anyone else using something like this? I will say that stuff was kick ass. He had a little brass tube about an eighth of an inch ID that he heated with a lighter and dipped into the wax and then you suck the vapor out the other end. Real smooth and really strong.
Its called a rosin press. You can get all sorts of models and this is a very good game to get into to make your own cannabis concentrates at home.

There is an excellent manufacturer operating from China making a wide variety of very high quality and sturdy rosin presses called "DABpress".

These models are hands down the best value for money on the internet for a very high quality rosin press which will last a very long time and perform equally well as virtually any other setup which can be 4 to 10,times as expensive. They also offer free worldwide shipping and say intentionally Mark a low value to keep Customs to a minimum I only paid £26 VAT on a £450 press last year which would have been well over £100 usually and I also got free shipping which can be hundreds of £ for such an item, with extortionate import custom fees on top for countries like the United Kingdom.

Check out dabpress I swear.

Last edited: