• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Hospital grade Promethazine in a vial. How will the effects be/last?

Edaw'Naflagn

Bluelighter
I just got my hands on two fresh, non-used, vials of Promethizine (wish it was hydromorphone like I got last time) and was wondering if it'll have any nasty side effects due to it being an injectable form of this medicine or if the effects will be different from oral forms of this medication. I know from common sense that it'll be different from oral use but I want to know how it will EXACTLY feel and act. I personally love Promethizine and have had no problems with the oral forms I've had before; yes I use this medication to induce more of a "buzz" when it comes to opiates I take for legit chronic pain I deal with on a daily basis since I was 12. Will this be much better than orally taking this drug? How much should I use [25Mg's per ML] per single dose (the whole vial is a single dose) but it may be way too strong for me to use all of it and I only have one ML syringes at the moment anyways, so it'll be hard to take the full dose with my syringes due to it being exactly 1 ML which would fill my whole syringe and make it REALLY hard to inject it. Please post what you know or what you can find on this topic please, I really need to use it soon is am sick with the flu and I have bad nasusa at the moment too.

Thanks, Edaw

I'm pretty sure promethazine injected IV will blow oral promethazine out of the water as far as its potency is concerned, as many other water soluble drugs are when taken IV vs Orally. For example opana IV vs oral or dilaudid IV vs oral, there is just no comparison. Especially in conjunction with opioids? You said you normally take opiates with it right? Are you planning on adding any with it this time or no? It will most likely heavily sedate you when done IV at doses ~25mg or so and will also most likely help most likely help with the nausea, I have taken it orally before for nausea, and it worked well, but never tried it IV, and I have also taken it in smaller doses no more than 25mg at a time with oxycodone as a potentiator and it created a very nice synergy. As for how much you should use, I am not sure... I wouldn't take as much IV as I would normally orally though, as it is probably way stronger, since there is going to be around a 100% BA IV.

Promethazine?
That stuff is an OTC medication over here. Really cheap, never get hassles buying it.
I think the reason for that is that it really has no recreational potential.
Helps with histamine release and increase sedation in combo with opiates - and is a handy medication for colds, hayfever and sleep (in a pinch).
Not much use for kicks though. Just an antihistamine.

Yes I wanted to take both Promethizane and my OxyCodone together and I'm not sure how much Promethazine I should use with it though. If it's 100% bioavailabilty injection wise then id guess I would only want 10mg's if I can measure that out right, maybe just 5mg's even.

I would imagine the oral BA of promethazine should be pretty good, so IV usage will just speed up the effects.

Please be VERY careful with IV promethazine, if you miss the shot it can cause severe tissue damage up to and including total loss of the limb you inject into from gangrene!

wiki said:
In 2009, the US Supreme Court ruled on a product liability case involving promethazine. Diana Levine, a woman suffering from a migraine, was administered Wyeth's Phenergan via IV push. The drug was injected improperly, resulting in gangrene and subsequent amputation of her right forearm below the elbow. A state jury awarded her $6 million in punitive damages.
[...]
On September 9, 2009, the FDA required a boxed warning be put on promethazine for injection, stating the contraindication for subcutaneous administration. The preferred administrative route is intramuscular, which reduces risk of surrounding muscle and tissue damage.

I would avoid injecting it, there's nothing to gain.

I do agree I just don't know how to use this orally unless I can just shoot the liquid into my mouth under my tounge?

Any thoughts? I haven't touched it yet and need to use it I'm very sick and would like to get to sleep as well as sedate myself using Promethazine with my normal dose of OxyContin.

I would imagine the oral BA of promethazine should be pretty good, so IV usage will just speed up the effects.

Please be VERY careful with IV promethazine, if you miss the shot it can cause severe tissue damage up to and including total loss of the limb you inject into from gangrene!

I would avoid injecting it, there's nothing to gain.
Should I just shoot it into my ass cheek? Or just drink the liquid? I'm sick still with the flu, I need to get sleep to heal and I took my last dose of my OxyContin 80mg's at about 12am it hit me at around 140am. I still can't sleep and feel very sick I'm lucky I haven't thrown up yet.

I'd either shoot it rectally (no needle though, I mean like a suppository not an IM) or just drink it with a chaser of juice or soda. But if you have a needle fixation, yeah, IM in the glute slowly is probably how to do it. I have read that it can hurt quite a bit though, so that should be a last resort, and probably warrants a slow push.

It's only 25 mg per vial right?

I wouldn't plug it actually cause it's a lil corrosive might irrtitate your but.

What's the point of administration of promethazine without an opioid?

I'd either shoot it rectally (no needle though, I mean like a suppository not an IM) or just drink it with a chaser of juice or soda. But if you have a needle fixation, yeah, IM in the glute slowly is probably how to do it. I have read that it can hurt quite a bit though, so that should be a last resort, and probably warrants a slow push.

It's only 25 mg per vial right?
Yes it's 25mg per vial and I tried a tad bit in my mouth last night it burned and felt pretty harsh but you're saying shoot it up rectally (with a syrup syringe no needle) but I don't wanna be shorting blood if it's that harsh I much rather drink it then I suppose but my needle is only half a inch so idk if I could hit my ass cheek muscle or accidently shoot up under the skin which is the WORSE is what I've been told.

I just drank the full fucking ML and it was sooooo fucking gross man. It hits you waaay faster and stronger than the pills do but like I said this shit isn't suppose to be drank man it's way to corrosive for oral use man. I just wish this shit wasn't so dangerous to shoot up man other wise I would be feeling even better, not have this nasty ass after taste and not have my stomach hurt a tad bit hope I don't shit out blood man but I drank my 1st ML of hydromorphone vial and the 2nd vial I got I shoot it all up not all at once that shit was super strong man like I have a high T but DAMN! Just a quater of that vial of hydromorphone in my 1 ML needle had me gone for a full day man it was the best; but drinking that shit was nasty but it didn't cause problems so I'm guessing this prometh shouldn't be that bad orally either I really hope.

What? Of course it's fine to use orally
If I knew how to post a picture of it I would to show you it's just like the vials or injectable medicine you'd see at the hospital. It has the metal cap on it and then the plastic cap on top of where you would put the needle in to suck up the fluid inside of the vial. I know you already know this if not you do know but I just didnt think you would want to drink it due to it being specially made for IV/IM.

No its fine to drink, they have oral drops formulations which are very similar in composition to the solution inside the vials.

Promethazine/Phenergan is an antihistamine in terms of classification.

It is typically used to treat nausea. I don't think it will intoxicate you except for the whole affinity with hydrocodiene.

Injecting promethazine seems like a stupid idea. It is one thing in a hospital setting but like Seiko said (and he knows his better than me) you could really harm yourself.

So I really don't know what you expect out of promethazine but I can assure you (I have been taking it rx for about 5 years or so) that all it does to me is relieve nausea and other stomach malaise.

It is otc in many nations. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but it looks like you ganked something rather non narcotic and too bad if narcotic is that is what you are going for. As far as injecting it for a stomach ache and risking losing a limb, that is a bad idea.

So long story short, please don't inject that promethazine.

Promethazine/Phenergan is an antihistamine in terms of classification.

It is typically used to treat nausea. I don't think it will intoxicate you except for the whole affinity with hydrocodiene.

Injecting promethazine seems like a stupid idea. It is one thing in a hospital setting but like Seiko said (and he knows his better than me) you could really harm yourself.

So I really don't know what you expect out of promethazine but I can assure you (I have been taking it rx for about 5 years or so) that all it does to me is relieve nausea and other stomach malaise.

It is otc in many nations. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but it looks like you ganked something rather non narcotic and too bad if narcotic is that is what you are going for. As far as injecting it for a stomach ache and risking losing a limb, that is a bad idea.

So long story short, please don't inject that promethazine.
Oh I know what you mean I've been drinking it. It sucks horrid after taste and no, I 100% get these vials from a friend of mine who works at a hospital legally due to me going in and out of the hospital for pain issues and other issues too. I wish I could have ganked some Hydromorphone (which they gave me and give me each time I go as well as 100mg+ IV morphine too) but sadly my friend told me she would try to get me a few take home vials of Hydromorphone for my pain problems but instead I got a bottle of OxyContin 60's & 80's (not at once lol) as well as 40's when they want to taper me down then up. It's a constant down and up with the MG's of my scripted OxyContin, as well as my scripted Hydrocodone.