Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film Horror Movies where - THEY TOTALLY DESERVED IT!

ChemicallyEnhanced

Bluelighter
What horror movies can you think of where "the horror" part happens, at least in part, to a character or characters who absolutely deserved what happened to them.
Some examples (in my opinion):

Mrs McCarmody, The Mist (2007) - this religious fanatic riled up a group of culty followers and got them to sacrifice innocent people to the creatures in the mist. She died trying to murder an 8 year old boy.

Almost Everybody, Carrie (1976, 2002, 2013) - these people bullied, abused, humiliated and terrorized Carrie her entire life until she had a complete psychological meltdown. So...makes it VERY hard to have an empathy for them during the prom scene (or her mother later on). Yes, there were a handful of sympathetic people there (the gym teacher, Heather in the remakes...technically Tommy but the falling bucket killed him, not Carrie) but they mostly all deserved it...we're talking movies here and in all the movie version at least SOME of the laughter in the prom scene was just in her head, but I find it hard to forget that in the novel, everybody is laughing at her for real, even the gym teacher.

The Rapists, I Spit on Your Grave (1978, 2010) - yeah, I'd hope everybody completely agrees with this one. For anyone who hasn't seen either version, Jennifer Hills rents like a home in the woods in this backwoods town and ends up being gang raped (THREE TIMES IN ONE NIGHT) and humiliated by 5 local men after she rejects ones advances. You think it's gonna be okay when the sheriff arrives...but he instead joins the sexual assault. They leave her for dead and she slowly heals and then basically tortures them to death one by one. Um, even though the ways she kills them are horrible and disturbing (in the 2010 version especially), I didn't have one tiny shred of empathy for them. It's extreme satisfying watching her revenge.

the dudes in leprechuan from the hood were all into sexist slang and i'm pretty sure they were trying to fuck with his gold, so probably that.

Hasn't happened yet.

Most horror movie creators haven't the balls to address the desire of retribution for the giant cunts that implement world order policies, that have fucked-up, most of the southern - hemisphere (global south) atrocities let alone, western (global north) atrocities.

They're still harping on old snuff-films, from the 1970's - instead of using the RL horrors, of genocide (political & medical) as a base to create something of merit. There's a dearth of horror IRL up to present day (especially, with medical experimentation) ...it will probably take newer generations to uncover. As the present are fucking comatose.

Pathetic imho.

Watched the recent, "Umbrella Academy" franchise - all PC, no racism; all diverse characters - absolutely, low on story & substance.

Terrible.

Sure there are decent horrors with a subtext but I'm not seeing anything mind-blowingly, novel. Guess, the imaginative are all syphoned off to tech & finance, now.

Dramatists are too busy waivng the rainbow flag; for politicians; to think or, create.😠

Last edited:
Maybe a bit controversial but in the US remake of The Ring. Felt bad for the dad as he did nothing wrong but I rooted for Samara after what the her dad did to her.

Maybe a bit controversial but in the US remake of The Ring. Felt bad for the dad as he did nothing wrong but I rooted for Samara after what the her dad did to her.

I have a soft spot for The Ring because it came out when I was I think 10 or 11 and it was probably the last time a horror movie actually really scared me before I became totally desensitized.
Like I had a TV n my bedroom and would move it on top of this really high set of bookshelves at night fo if she tried to crawl outta my TV she'd fall and break her neck lol.

I have a soft spot for The Ring because it came out when I was I think 10 or 11 and it was probably the last time a horror movie actually really scared me before I became totally desensitized.
Like I had a TV n my bedroom and would move it on top of this really high set of bookshelves at night fo if she tried to crawl outta my TV she'd fall and break her neck lol.
It’s one of my favourite films. Both version (The Ring and Ringu). Soft spot too as I totally fell in love with the atmosphere, tint, Samara, everything except the horse bit).

anywhere "Ken" (insert golden child; usually white and buff) hears something and must inspect... and the crowd follows em to their demise.
"What was that? "
*Gee idk, lets go check it out.......*
texas-chainsaw.gif

anywhere "Ken" (insert golden child; usually white and buff) hears something and must inspect... and the crowd follows em to their demise.
"What was that? "
*Gee idk, lets go check it out.......*
texas-chainsaw.gif

Oh, yeah, horror movie characters who are too dumb to live could have an entire thread of their own lol.
"let's all spilt up in the dark and wander into that strange house where the witch lives, the one built on an ancient indian burial ground where that man killed 16 people 5 years ago tonight on the anniversary of when we accidentally killed that retarded boy and investigate that strange noise coming from the basement where that redneck torture family burned to death because of the curse" - that crowd

Oh fuck yeah I was just thinking about this movie but I only have it on VHS but then I found it on Tubi. :meowce:

Nice I like that cover. Can’t go wrong with Fulci for some good schlock lol