• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Horror Movie Remakes

Missalynn

Greenlighter
Assuming I'm not the only horror movie fanatic on Bluelight, what do you think of remakes?

Reason for this post is I remembering hearing a while ago that they are remaking the original Nightmare on Elm Street. Not another sequel, but identical to the original. Robert Englund is not playing Freddy. Instead, Freddy Kreuger will be played by the weird stoner guy that wins the free throw in Semi-Pro. What kind of mockery is this? It better be damn good or I will completely lose my already diminishing faith in new horror movies.

Which remakes did you like or not like? Which classics do you think present-day Hollywood should leave alone? Which ones would you like to see remade?

I love good horror movies. That means that I believe most of the horror movies made in this decade are complete shit. A person being disemboweled doesn't make a good horror movie, blood squirting everywhere doesn't make a good horror movie. Its just disgusting. A horror movie should make you scared, not make you want to vomit.

I love slasher movies. I'm pissed off at all the recent remakes of slasher movies. The original Nightmare on Elm Street is a masterpiece. It is perfection. There is no possible way that anyone could make that movie better. That means any remake of than movie will just be pissing all over how good the original one is because there is no possible way it can match the caliber of the original.

Child's Play and the Bride of Chucky, great horror movies. Saw V and the remake of Friday the 13th, horrible horror movies.

I swear to God I will kill people if they soil Freddy's good name. I will kill them and eat their corpses. People in Hollywood can't come up with any new good ideas. Just because they fail at their job doesn't give them the right to ruin good movies. I don't think any old horror movies deserve to be desecrated.

Which remakes did you like or not like?
only decent remake i can think of was the 2006 the hills have eyes. was cool because it was alexandre aja's film after high tension which i've seen at least 30 times, so i was looking forward to his next and was like ehh a remake of an american film for... hmm but it was cool and brutal, all downhill from there.
Which ones would you like to see remade?
none, tho there has been talk of a hellraiser remake for a couple years first with the duo the directed inside (seen that one around 30 times as well) then they left and the director of martyrs replaced em but he also left! if either of em directed id look forward to it, but now im over it =/

Rob Zombie's Halloween remake was pretty good, if a bit too brutal for my taste.

The studios are basically making a few bucks on old brands with some recycled plot thrown in. In some ways, it is disrespectful to the original artists, but given the age of the originals, it is not as if all the old films are very watchable anymore. Still, it would be nice if they left some of the classics alone.