• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film Horror movie franchises

Jason1981

Bluelighter
What's your favorite ? Mine would have to be Friday the 13th, A Nightmare on Elm Street and Halloween. I'm pretty old school although the Nightmare on Elm Street remake comes no where close to the orginal.

When the original Saw came out, Saw II was already finished. I thought this was going to be one of my new favorite horror franchises, but I was disappointed with everything that followed the original.

I'll report back later with a more positive post, but I never miss a chance to voice my disappointment with the Saw series.

After Saw 4 I gave up on the rest. I liked the orginal and I thought the second was better but watched 3 and 4 and hated them. I liked Hostel but the sequel sucked and I don't think it made much money at the box office so I'm not sure if anymore were made. If so I'm sure it went dtv

can I get some Night of the Living Dead, et al up in here?

now that's old school

Return of the living dead. I loved the orginal from the 80's. The rest were crap imo

Texas Chainsaw Massacre was pretty cool.
The later ones were kinda cheesy but the remakes were alright

Dawn of The Dead and Land of The Dead were good too, cheesiness and all

Hellraiser and Nightmare on Elm Street.

I like the surreal aspects of these series. I'll watch only the first four hellraisers though. I watch all the Nightmares (except the remake), even the lamer ones are still fun to watch.

Can 28 Days Later and sequel be considered a franchise? Heard they're making another 28 Months Later or something like that.

Evil dead 1 &2 were awesome though they were basically the same .
Hellraiser one and two were also good, and Nightmare on Elm st.1&3 were great.
And of course Alien, and Aliens are classics

I actually quite liked the remake of the Hills Have Eyes 1&2, and I don't often like remakes, but the second one was surprisingly good.