Horror film soundtrack music and other horror themed music

simstim

Bluelighter
This thread is for posting Horror film soundtrack music and other music which is horror themed but not necessarily soundtrack related.

Let's start off with a classic by Laaz Rockit
Leatherface

I actually just won a "best original score" award at a film festival for my score for a horror film (independent film). It was my first feature length score and first horror score, cool that it won best score (especially since there were alot of entries and it was a horror specific film festival). @deficiT can vouch for the veracity of said claim.

I packed alot of very intense music into that score. I don't write background music like some composers (especially with regard to the horror genre), i put it in the foreground (like john carpenter). The music totally changed the film, it made the whole thing better and apparently the judges agreed. When i got the raw film i thought shit, what am i going to do with this, but i ended up gluing the whole thing together with music.

Won't name the name of course (its indie anyhow not sure if they'll ever find a distributor for it so, although i hope they do).

The score is very synthesizer heavy. But not in a noisy sense, the score is very musical.

Dude!!!! ^ I love that movie and damn..didn't even think of the soundtrack. Favorite part of movie is when ice cube runs out shooting..others asking what do we do now..what we shoulda done in the first place..COME ON YOU MINDLESS MUTHAFU#### (blasting two mp5s).

this thread made me think of "tattered and torn" by slipknot. always had a halloween/horror sound to me. probably my favorite slipknot song.

i also made this with an old harp and microphone, the second track is more what i was going for. i thought it would be cool to use in a horror movie or a movie where some one was going through psychosis or something.