• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Horrible Weed Trip, What Happened?

xXRobbie98Xx

Greenlighter
So a few months ago I properly smoked weed. When I say properly, I mean in my room by myself with my own weed. I'd smoked weed before a couple times but it was at parties so I was drinking at the same time, usually didn't get the first hit of the pipe etc. So to be honest I never really felt high before. This time though, I haven't a clue what I felt.

So 12:00am, my parents go to sleep and I had some weed left over. It's not that much, maybe 0.5g at the most. I start packing small amounts into my apple pipe I made and I smoked it out the window. Usually taking 2-3 hits per bowl to make sure I wasn't wasting it. I must of smoked about 4-5 small, BB pellet sized nuggets before I started feeling it. I pulled my had back inside from the window after a hit and instantly noticed I was getting high. Everything seemed brighter and I felt a tickly buzz in my head. I laughed with excitement. "This is it, I'm getting baked" I thought and with that, I smoked a wee bit more.

Pretty soon I decided to stop and see what happened from there. And oh man was it weird I would say something out loud but not hear it until 1 second after saying it and it felt like I said it in my head. I'd whisper to myself "this is f*cking weird" and it would sound like someone behind me was saying it. My head was spinning and I couldn't really see properly or focus on something. It felt like it was about 6:00am but it was only 1:00am. Every 20 seconds I would "ping" awake and it felt like I had been asleep for hours each time. I started to not like it and my heart started beating really fast. I went over to my window, closed it and put away the weed, lighter, Apple pipe etc. I then went to turn the light off when suddenly I thought, "oh crap, better close the window" even though I literally closed it 30 seconds ago. So I walk over to my window and to my surprise, it's closed. Then I remember I already closed it.

So a few minutes go by of me slowly starting to panic more as my heart races. It was such a violent heart beat I could hear it in my head, pounding like a jackhammer. I got so worried that I ended up going through to my sister's room for some reason. I just wanted to talk to someone. I tried to calm down but my heart wouldn't.

It got to the point where I was so panicked that I went upstairs (3rd floor) to my parents room!! I ended up waking them up at 1:30am to tell them I was tripping balls, something that I regreted the next morning. Anyway I was telling them how I didn't know what the f*ck was going on. I wasn't cold but my body started shivering violently. Sometimes just my leg. Me and my parents had a talk about it which I can't really remember. I decided to just go to sleep and let it pass. But I did not want to sleep in my weed smelling room so I grabbed my douvet and pillow and slept downstairs in the living room (1st floor). After lying there for about an hour I went back up stairs (2nd floor) to my bedroom which didn't smell too bad anymore and tried to sleep on my bed, which was near impossible because everyone I closed my eyes I would see myself falling though space. I could feel my bed supporting me bye it felt like u was falling down and down. I was also starting to experience extremely violent shivering in myl leg like some sort of seizure. Next thing I know I wake up next morning and I'm back to normal. What the hell happened?

sounds like your typical panic attack, OP. this is not uncommon with weed and low tolerance.

you say you've smoked weed 'a couple times' so it's no surprise to me that in your given setting you had a little panic episode.

go slower next time, take less hits and smoke in a more relaxed setting w/o the thought of your parents at the back of your skull. :)

take big deep breaths whenever your heart rate goes up too high.

Last edited:
I agree with Blank. I had an experience or two like that when I first started smoking back in High School, im 30 now...

Definitely try taking less hits next time or find out which strain youre getting if you can and check for a lower level THC. If you do start to notice you are panicking / getting anxious try focusing on calm, 'level' breathing and tell yourself it will pass. Thats what I had to do a few wks ago when I thought I wad hitting REAL WEED and it wasnt. I absolutely hate smoking space. *shivers*

Sounds like you got high as fuck tbh, next time don't smoke so much at once is my advice.

You smoked too much. A lot of people don't realize that a little goes a long way with the high quality buds nowadays. I've been smoking once at night for the last week and I literally take just one pipe hit and I'm good. I have OGKush and blue dream right now. A lot of strains are creepers (they take 5-10 minutes to fully kick in) so it's good to wait a few minutes.