• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Horrible experience on MDMA

shawny101

Greenlighter
Ok so here is the low down. I have used MDMA and Ecstasy a fair few times before at home and on holiday and everytime has been an unreal experience, danced away, made friends, fallen in love haha and just generally a good time. However, I was abroad in Amsterdam for a couple of days and went to a big gig with 5 friends, we all bought a gram each and knowing what good MD looks like the stuff looked ace so we bought it.

Dropped it and night was pretty decent to start out, good roll, feeling the love, however towards the last hour and a half is when everything changed. I suddenly got this feeling that everyone was talking about me and saying horrific things. Everytime I walked past them I thought they were either calling me ugly, or stupid, brain dead, moron and suddenly felt trapped and horrifically depressed. I stopped dancing and sat in a chair for an hour constantly thinking people were talking about me. It wasn't me coming down either because I was still buzzing.

My friends came and found me at the end all buzzing and having a great time but in the taxi home I sat and said nothing. They were having a normal conversation between them but I was so paranoid I felt as if they were talking in code and slagging me off and thought they were looking at me as if I was about to cry and tbh I was actually welling up and probably could have but had to really tell my mind not to. It was absolutly bizarre and now has me thinking 4 or 5 days later whether it was all real or whether the drugs just had a weird effect. My 5 friends btw all had the same stuff and were fine.

Has this ever happened to anyone or something similar? Like I said usually the experience is an awesome one but this has made me never want to use it again. I now even feel slightly depressed daily and wonder if this is a result.

absolutely yes. i know a lot who are experiencing that. me either. ive been paranoid for how many months.. we had the same experience. EXACTLY the same. every time i roll, always like that. i came to a point that i cried in front of my friends.

how much did you take?

i know the feeling a bit and have had the impression that people were talking negatively about me on the tail end when i've taken more than is advisable. but contrary to your description i always was aware that that were just effects of the drug.

but i have a friend who consistently gets paranoid on mdma, even during peak. at one time we was absolutely concinved that every single person on the party except for our group were undercover cops. he'd sit on the side, scared, and some nice people would see his distress, want to help and ask him what he had taken, and you can imagine what that leads to...

if you really get that paranoid on mdma, i'd be very careful with entactogens, psychedelics and weed.
abovementioned friend is fine now and hasn't had any psychotic episode longer than a few hours, but he has also had full blown hallucinations with skinheads breaking into his flat from a single puff of weed (even though having been an experienced smoker with years of perfectly normal effects before).

First of all i want to say that you nor anyone else "knows what good mdma looks like"...
If you have any left, get a test kit and test it to see if it really was mdma, if it was somthing else with possibly more psycheledlic properties, or laced with somthing, then you possibly may have your culprit.

Secondly, how was your mindset before dropping? Have you been paranoid like this before?

Honestly this has happened to me before, but it was at an awful party with awful people and no music playing.. so the setting exponentially increased the negative feelings at the time. You can get pretty sensitive once you start to come down from that amazing rush of "ecstasy", IMO. People often forget drugs amplify your emotions, whether they are good or bad..

But still - how much did you take ? How much did your friends take ?