• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

horrible come downs, anyone else get this?

burn out

Bluelighter
i have been smoking weed for a long time but lately the come downs have become almost intolerable, to the point where nearly every single day i tell myself i am going to quit smoking but i never make it more than 2-3 days before i light up again.

basically, my highs couldn't be better. i feel amazing when high, ecstatic, blissful even though i have been smoking all these years. but once i come down, i feel horrible. lazy, bored, and a little psychotic or mentally broken. i dont know how to describe it but its just awful. i used to use opiates to help relieve the stress of my marijuana come downs but i am off opiates now and dont want to go that route again. but what else can i do to relieve the come downs?

does anyone else experience this? My aunt told me she gets the same thing and she quit smoking it because of it.

Hmm. This is an unusual problem...I don't think I've ever experienced a "come down" from cannabis.

Weed does have a come-down but it's usually not intense enough for me to be uncomfortable. I do notice a noticeable drop in the high at some point and I become lazy and bored and often hungry but it's not uncomfortable.

I don't think it will be worth it to use something else to relieve the comedown from a pot high. That'll likely land you addicted to something else.

Maybe you could just quit smoking weed? If it's that intolerable for you then maybe getting high on the whole may not be worth it?

While my comedowns are also not intense, I definitely feel bored, lethargic, cloudy, and lazy once I do comedown.

I refer to it as the "burned out" feeling. My best solution to avoid it is to simply use moderate dosages each time I smoked, weighing out each dose helped me immensely. With the top-shelf quality I get, I stick to smoking 0.07-0.1g each session which gets me high with no side-effects of anxiety or confusion and leads to no noticeable comedown.

After a few sessions in a day of 0.1g, I'll switch to 0.12-0.15g to break through short term tolerance, but that comes with an acceptably noticeable burn out after the high is finished. The sessions I smoke more than 0.25g really lead to the feeling, which is then only "cured" by sleeping for a couple of hours and starting fresh.

You are just burnt out. Unfortunately daily toking brings this along, my hippy didn't notice a burn out at all the first year he smoked infrequently. Then he started smoking once a day in the evenings and never noticed it, then he started smoking twice a day and then the burn outs came along. Usually after his morning tokes he feels great and stoned for 1.5- 2 hours or so until he slowly starts fading back to baseline. However the sluggish, hazy, hungry, and tired feelings will stay unless he naps, gets some caffeine, or smokes more green.

Only solution he has found is smoking smaller amounts in the morning, and throughout the day to maintain a high versus trying to get super stoned each session. Or only smoke in the evenings, your burnout will just transform into a beautiful, relaxed, sleepiness that leads to a great night sleep!

I'm gonna make an educated guess and say that it's your tolerance and frequency of use. I used to smoke heavily every day and would get an intense hazy feeling after. Strangely it also happens to me when I have a very low tolerance as well.

You are just burnt out. Unfortunately daily toking brings this along, my hippy didn't notice a burn out at all the first year he smoked infrequently. Then he started smoking once a day in the evenings and never noticed it, then he started smoking twice a day and then the burn outs came along. Usually after his morning tokes he feels great and stoned for 1.5- 2 hours or so until he slowly starts fading back to baseline. However the sluggish, hazy, hungry, and tired feelings will stay unless he naps, gets some caffeine, or smokes more green.

Only solution he has found is smoking smaller amounts in the morning, and throughout the day to maintain a high versus trying to get super stoned each session. Or only smoke in the evenings, your burnout will just transform into a beautiful, relaxed, sleepiness that leads to a great night sleep!

Maybe I should try caffeine. I reeally dont like the effects of caffeine much, which is why I never have tried it already.

But I forgot to mention, I do notice that sleep seems to be the only thing that takes away the come down/burn out for me.

Its very strange. If I happen to wake up from sleep at say 4 in the morning, smoke, and then go back to sleep at 6 and sleep til 9 or 10 am i feel fine when I wake up even though its only been 6 hours since I smoked. If on the other hand, I smoke at noon, then I feel burnt out the entire rest of the day, even 12 or 14 hours after smoking. So it seems smoking before bed is the only time I can smoke.