• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Horrible anxiety while high

LeafDog

Greenlighter
I'm now 16 years old, and for the past maybe 3 years I've smoked weed, I used to get stoned with my mates & have a real good time, but since about 6 months ago, I've had to stop. It gives the most horrible anxiety, I almost mind trip.. I sit there and think nothing but negative thoughts about myself, I literally can barely reply to people, I can't watch films, I can't do anything & when I sober up it's such a nice feeling! Now I know weed isn't for everyone, or maybe it is? so the saying goes 'herb reveals you to yourself', so maybe I don't like who I am? But sober or on any other drug I've tried I'm completely comfortable in myself and love life. Maybe it's just not for me? But does anyone have any information on this as quite literally all of my friends LOVE it and I tend to miss out. But hey, I'm happy with not smoking if it has to be that way.. Just wondering if there was some way to overcome it? I've read a few threads with people with similar problems, maybe smoking with valium would help? I do know weed releases a chemical which contributes to anxiety, and a family member heavily suffers from it. Thanks In advance, is my first post!

Yeah last night I had this extremely scary feeling of my parents dying. I even imagined the feeling of what it would be like. I got so sad. Also over the weekend I got these terrible pains in my legs from knees down. And sharp pains in my heart.

I smoked a 2gram blunt and quit smoking during the week. I think my tolerance was just low. But it was extremely uncomfortable to say the least. It really can become a mind trip though. Weed is just getting too strong. THC and CBD need to be balanced but these growers are just trynna max out THC these days.

I've seen this happen to a few of my friends that I grew up smoking with. I have one friend in particular that loved smoking weed with us for about 5 or 6 years. He'd never had any problems before but it began to make him very anxious and give him panic attacks. He tried using less but still got the negative effects. Now when we're drinking, he'll sometimes ask for a puff. He'll take maybe 3 reeks and be fine for about ten minutes but, inevitably, ends up going to lay down or go home.

That being said, it may just be the combined effect with the alcohol that does it to him. For the sake of your comfort your time with weed, as you know it, may be over.

I hope it works out for you.

This is very common. Especially for young people smoking to much weed.

It happened to me when I was 18 after smoking daily since age of 15. Took a break for about a year and started smoking a little at weekends. No longer have the problem.

It really is stupid to smoke weed when you are still in your teens. There is so many other things going on growing up. Get laid. Be grounded before altering your mind with semi-psychedelics or any other drugs.

^ truth I wish I had followed that advice growing up. Plenty of time to expand your mind later once it is fully developed.

That being said anxiety does seem to come with the territory. I guess it is because you just become so aware of everything and more conscious of yourself and the things that you do or have done. It is an introspective drug for me which is why I much prefer to get high alone and this is after smoking for a decade now. Yes benzos would help but you said something that really stands out I think.

If you enjoy your life and really and truly love who you are completely sober then why smoke in the first place?

yeh sounds like taking a break from it would help. late teen years are crucial in starting to think about what you wanna do with your life, don't become some burnout nobody man, aim higher (no pun intended)

Thanks for the advice everyone, good to see I'm not alone with this.. Think it's best to just leave the stuff alone