• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids Horrible anxiety please help me guys.

menidiatis

Bluelighter
I wake up with I tolerable anxiety every morning I honestly can't take this anymore. I am also working on stopping heroin. In the night I need 5mg to 10mg temazepam to sleep, which also helps a lot with the anxiety.

But I need something during the day to help me with my anxiety I honestly cannot take this anymore. Is it sensible to add a small dose of phenibut (eg 250mg) to help me control anxiety through the day? Or what alternative do I have?

Please help me someone I am really suffering I can't take this anymore

I wake up with I tolerable anxiety every morning I honestly can't take this anymore. I am also working on stopping heroin. In the night I need 5mg to 10mg temazepam to sleep, which also helps a lot with the anxiety.

But I need something during the day to help me with my anxiety I honestly cannot take this anymore. Is it sensible to add a small dose of phenibut (eg 250mg) to help me control anxiety through the day? Or what alternative do I have?

Im having it as well, and mornings are often the worst, i shall get in the softest of clothing after a hot shower, sip herbal tea, snuggle with my pets and think the best of thoughts, perhaps a funny uplifting film, youre a sweety and i want you to take deep breaths and know you arent alone in this , and pleased you are getting off H, im still healing from abuse of opiods so i know alot of my anxiety stems from it, and change of life, whats going this day to make you feel so badly? i just want to know if anything triggered something in you

Hey @menidiatis :)

It's always shitty to hear of folks in a situation like yours. The good news is that it doesn't have to be permanent. You are already taking some of the most basic steps to getting better by reaching out to us the way you have. It probably seems trivial, but even just sharing your situation with us guys is huge. For you to get better, you're probably going to have to share this with a lot more people. You're going to have to share them with yourself, the universe and probably, strangers in one way or another.

In AA, we talk a lot about "progress vs. perfection". When you start out, family hating you, bone crushing depression and anxiety, just "nothing left", it seems like an insurmountable peak to summit. It's not easy. It doesn't get better overnight. This can either be a shitty thing or a good thing. It's good when you realize that waking up in anxiety for another day isn't a failure. Getting through one more day is just one tally in a journey that will take some time.

You have to take it bit by bit. You're working on quitting Heroin, as you've said. That's going to be very difficult, but you also know that this is probably where a lot of your anxiety is coming from. Knowing where it's coming from can be an incredibly comforting thing. You have the tiget by the tail in that way, as opposed to just an existential, meaningless dread.

Every day that you work on getting better from the dope, is a day of success. You have to start with this and understand it won't all get better with a snap of the fingers. I can tell you though, it is possible to get better and it doesn't take magic or sorcery. It just takes making small gains, bit by bit, clawing your way through.

We will be here for you the whole way. Every day. Even if it is an insignificant form of emotional support, you have a whole army of folks with similar problems who LOVE you here. I don't sugar coat shit buddy. We're here for you, so don't be scared. It will get better.

You can try the Phenibut and get back to us with your results, but you absolutely shouldn't add on to your problems by taking it every day. You have to moderate it. You can hit me up anytime.

Hey @menidiatis :)

It's always shitty to hear of folks in a situation like yours. The good news is that it doesn't have to be permanent. You are already taking some of the most basic steps to getting better by reaching out to us the way you have. It probably seems trivial, but even just sharing your situation with us guys is huge. For you to get better, you're probably going to have to share this with a lot more people. You're going to have to share them with yourself, the universe and probably, strangers in one way or another.

In AA, we talk a lot about "progress vs. perfection". When you start out, family hating you, bone crushing depression and anxiety, just "nothing left", it seems like an insurmountable peak to summit. It's not easy. It doesn't get better overnight. This can either be a shitty thing or a good thing. It's good when you realize that waking up in anxiety for another day isn't a failure. Getting through one more day is just one tally in a journey that will take some time.

You have to take it bit by bit. You're working on quitting Heroin, as you've said. That's going to be very difficult, but you also know that this is probably where a lot of your anxiety is coming from. Knowing where it's coming from can be an incredibly comforting thing. You have the tiget by the tail in that way, as opposed to just an existential, meaningless dread.

Every day that you work on getting better from the dope, is a day of success. You have to start with this and understand it won't all get better with a snap of the fingers. I can tell you though, it is possible to get better and it doesn't take magic or sorcery. It just takes making small gains, bit by bit, clawing your way through.

We will be here for you the whole way. Every day. Even if it is an insignificant form of emotional support, you have a whole army of folks with similar problems who LOVE you here. I don't sugar coat shit buddy. We're here for you, so don't be scared. It will get better.

You can try the Phenibut and get back to us with your results, but you absolutely shouldn't add on to your problems by taking it every day. You have to moderate it. You can hit me up anytime.
thank you so much for bothering with me, also for answering my other thread

and this emotional support is not at all insignificant, it is absolutely heart warming. it keeps me going, it gives the motivation to try get better out of this even now that things are bleak. yet at the same time I feel pathetic because so many caring people here show me their support and I will probably end up disappointing them

regardless, thank you so much, it is absolutely the most comforting thing to know somebody out there cares for you and will help you, I feel so much safer and yours and everybody's support here is invaluable <3

It says gabapentinoids because they're asking about phenibut for help and it's a gabapentinoid.

Phenibut is quite good at helping with anxiety. However it is addictive and you don't want to end up dependent on it, as that will onlt makes things worse after a while and you'll have to deal with far worse anxiety coming off of it.

My best advice is to use phenibut sparingly when you're having extra bad days. And at the same time, do some non-drug work to help get to the root of your anxiety and overcome it. That probably involves therapy, and taking an honest assessment of the factors in your life that are causing you anxiety. A lot of the time, anxiety is a way that we can tell something in our lives isn't working. From there, we can identify what the causes of the anxiety are, and work to remove those things from our lives, or make modifications to improve those things.

Also keep in mind that it sounds like you're not out of the woods with heroin. it can take quite a while to get past the residual anxiety and feelings of anhedonia and discomfort after stopping an opiate habit. The best thing to do to help is daily exercise. Especially cardiovascular exercise. It makes a huge difference in how quickly you can get back to normal, and in the stability of your emotions and anxiety levels.

What Xorkoth said.

There are lots of things that you can take to help with anxiety, but it's a bit of a shot in the dark figuring out what will help. The ones with drug-like action (including phenibut) work, but they all come with a cost. In my experience, the better they work, the worse the rebound. Phenibut works for bad days, but it lasts so long that it's hard to use in a balanced way. I mean that to say that the long duration leads to rapid tolerance, then you're back at the beginning.

One of the strongest options with comparably mild crash is high quality kava kava. It's still pretty drug-like in its activity.

An SSRI can help with anxiety, although it takes time. Ashwagandha can help, and it's more of a long term healing herb for anxiety, not one that would produce a crash.

Some others include baclofen, st. john's wort, passion flower extract, magnolia bark extract (addictive), valerian, jatamansi, theanine. Psychedelic mushrooms are supposed to help, but that wouldn't be my first choice at all.

Heavy exercise can help. Intense yoga can also help, as it can be meditative.

thank you so much for bothering with me, also for answering my other thread

and this emotional support is not at all insignificant, it is absolutely heart warming. it keeps me going, it gives the motivation to try get better out of this even now that things are bleak. yet at the same time I feel pathetic because so many caring people here show me their support and I will probably end up disappointing them

regardless, thank you so much, it is absolutely the most comforting thing to know somebody out there cares for you and will help you, I feel so much safer and yours and everybody's support here is invaluable <3

That's awesome that I could be of any help to you buddy. That was my goal. Reading your original post is one of those moments where you really want to help, but you're tearing your hair out wondering how you can. Anxiety and depression are so deeply personal. They reduce our ability to function properly, personally, socially and intellectually. You have to crawl your way out of the shit knowing you're beginning at a disadvantage.

Like I said though, you're taking those first small steps. You gotta be vulnerable when needed and tough as nails when that's required. I'm not an AA proseletyzer here, but the program has factored pretty heavily in my own recovery, both from drugs and from the psychological ills that drove me to the drugs in the first place. There is a whole program and protocol laid out, the 12 steps, as we all know. This doesn't mean there is no benefit to going to a meeting, saying nothing and leaving.

That's how you start. You go in, you feel like shit, probably look like shit, but for that hour, you're not alone, by yourself with only your thoughts and emotions. You go to one, then you go to two, then, if you're like me, after months of basically showing up and doing nothing, you start talking to people. I can tell you, the benefits of just talking to people is immense. The temptation to clam up and isolate is great, I know, but resist

Even if it's just talking to us about shit, start there. Don't be by yourself. We will be your emotional padding for a little while, but if all goes well, you'll outgrow us in no time. :)

I get the whole anxiety thing, I can't see how anyone wouldn't have loads of it living this tough life. I sometimes get to the point where I get angry enough and decide nothing deserves my anxiety. No people, no situations. Friggem. And it does work sometimes. I just get so sick of it. Not one person in my life should make me anxious. But they do. Anxiety shifts too. I notice I am anxious about some different things this year than last year so it comes from me. Sometimes I get myself worked up and it is me doing it to myself and no one is holding a gun to my head. So yeah get angry, Wake up tomorrow and refuse to let anyone or anything get you anxious.

I think occasional medicines can help, but the exercise advice works great. I can still feel anxiety after exercise but notice much longer periods where I do not even think of it.

If I were flying to Greece and addicted to opiates I would for sure have some anxiety but that seems normal. But you know it is going to work out M. Maybe I should go, I have relatives in Leros always asking me to come. Mention my name on that island at the hotel and they are all my cousins. lol But having been an opiate addict at some of those times I passed it up. So opaites made me miss going to Greece.

That's awesome that I could be of any help to you buddy. That was my goal. Reading your original post is one of those moments where you really want to help, but you're tearing your hair out wondering how you can. Anxiety and depression are so deeply personal. They reduce our ability to function properly, personally, socially and intellectually. You have to crawl your way out of the shit knowing you're beginning at a disadvantage.

Like I said though, you're taking those first small steps. You gotta be vulnerable when needed and tough as nails when that's required. I'm not an AA proseletyzer here, but the program has factored pretty heavily in my own recovery, both from drugs and from the psychological ills that drove me to the drugs in the first place. There is a whole program and protocol laid out, the 12 steps, as we all know. This doesn't mean there is no benefit to going to a meeting, saying nothing and leaving.

That's how you start. You go in, you feel like shit, probably look like shit, but for that hour, you're not alone, by yourself with only your thoughts and emotions. You go to one, then you go to two, then, if you're like me, after months of basically showing up and doing nothing, you start talking to people. I can tell you, the benefits of just talking to people is immense. The temptation to clam up and isolate is great, I know, but resist

Even if it's just talking to us about shit, start there. Don't be by yourself. We will be your emotional padding for a little while, but if all goes well, you'll outgrow us in no time. :)
You are a really kind person, and Thank you for taking the time to write all of this, just so you can help a stranger from the net feel safe.

Thank you so much <3

@menidiatis

There's really not enough of this sort of thing among drug users. It's the nature of Western Civilization as a whole that drug users are marginalized and put into these galdiatorial, dog-eat-dog lifestyles where friends rob friends and people get killed over ten dollars. You take the real-life, literal shit telling you that you're worthless, coupled with the internal feelings of withdrawal making you feel worthless from the inside. I'm not saying you're a junkie, this is just my experience.

If we can be an exception to that and treat each other with kindness and respect we can really change the game, even if it's only in principle, or one person at a time. I'm going to sound like "Mister Rogers" right now, but I have to say, making people feel helped, comfortable and safe is what we're all about, so hearing that you feel supported is what makes it all worth it :)

I've had morning anxiety my whole life, and I recently learned that it usually had to do with overproduction and release of the hormone cortisol. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm going to start experimenting with supplements that surpress cortisol (bacopa monnieri and omega-3 to name a couple), as oppposed to ones like phenibut that work more on the GABA receptors. Good luck and feel better.
thanks for your input, would love to hear how it went for you so please update us on the results!

Clonidine 0.1mg tablets are a MUST ….google it and read up, reduces blood pressure / norepinephrine, reduces opioid withdrawal symptoms significantly (cold/hot flashes, restless legs, anxiety, insomnia)

Not a controlled substance, any walk-in clinic will write you a script……Amazing anxiolytic! …could easily go head to head with Xanax & Valium in sedation, and kicking the sh!t outta anxiety

L-Theanine / Passion Flower / Valerian / Hopps / Lemon Balm …..all great natural supplements at any health store

Passion Flower liquid extract & Valerian are both potent sh!t ….GABA-A receptor agonist (Passion Flower)

I’m 240 lbs / 6’ and even half a scored Clonidine 0.1mg tablet will calm me down before bed after d-amphetamine during the day. A single tablet will have dramatic effects within 20-30min …..like Valium in it’s anxiolytic potency.

My first opioid withdrawal over 10 years ago, Clonidine saved me …..you just have to wean after multi week usage, due to rebound hypertension. Standing up too quickly could have you seeing stars and nearly faint.

Clonidine 0.1mg tablets are a MUST ….google it and read up, reduces blood pressure / norepinephrine, reduces opioid withdrawal symptoms significantly (cold/hot flashes, restless legs, anxiety, insomnia)

Not a controlled substance, any walk-in clinic will write you a script……Amazing anxiolytic! …could easily go head to head with Xanax & Valium in sedation, and kicking the sh!t outta anxiety

L-Theanine / Passion Flower / Valerian / Hopps / Lemon Balm …..all great natural supplements at any health store

Passion Flower liquid extract & Valerian are both potent sh!t ….GABA-A receptor agonist (Passion Flower)

I’m 240 lbs / 6’ and even half a scored Clonidine 0.1mg tablet will calm me down before bed after d-amphetamine during the day. A single tablet will have dramatic effects within 20-30min …..like Valium in it’s anxiolytic potency.

My first opioid withdrawal over 10 years ago, Clonidine saved me …..you just have to wean after multi week usage, due to rebound hypertension. Standing up too quickly could have you seeing stars and nearly faint.
Sounds like a wonder drug, can airport doggos smell it? Is it OTC or still needs prescription? Then I l ll get it from dark web

It isn’t illegal or a controlled substance

Any doc will give you a script without blinking an eye

Nothing to worry about at all

Take a low dose of the temazepam