• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Hoping to be on the right path FINALLY, RE quitting Crystal meth

Blavlanamebla

Greenlighter
So first week into my mission to quit Crystal meth, after six agonizing days, the severe confusion and inability to form sentences or piece together articulate thought, got the best of me and I finally folded and used, so as to finally know who I was or where I was, or ya know, be able to actually take care of my kids. Then feeling terrible about myself, I finally reached out for help (from my family) and got the answers I had been searching for… My confusion and inability to think was thanks to my crippling ADHD I had been self medicating, since I did meth about it (hehe old timey doctor joke “there’s ghosts in your blood you should do cocaine about it”)my ADHD left unmedicated is having a field day in my brain, so I got on the computer (temporarily fueled by aforementioned meth) found a doctor who believes in harm prevention and willing to work to medicate my ADHD properly and I’m hoping to be on the road to a future where I actually have vitamin B in my blood and won’t have old scabby witch hands. This brings me to my question, first if anyone has had a similar experience I would love to hear about it so far it just appears to be me and my formally assumed crazy but obviously misunderstood mother. Second I’ve always been medicated with adderall instant release for my ADHD with some non stimulant meds embarrassing themselves every once in a while mixed in, is anyone on a different stimulant medication for ADD/ADHD that they might recommend over adderall? Just for the interest of science…

Good luck on your journey quitting meth for good and being properly medicated and under the care of a Physician. It will be a long and hard road but you will be so proud of yourself when you come out the other side.

All I would say is remember we didn’t get into the mess in one day. It takes time to find our way out of the jungle.

It’s taken me 30 days to recover from drug addiction, and often not till 3-6 months for some severe symptoms to subside.

Recovery is possible, time heals all.

T - things
I - I
M - Must
E - Earn

Things I must earn. Time. Time heals all.