• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

Home made test kit?? Anyone done this?

Zon

Bluelighter
I know its 5ml 40% formaldehyde to 100ml sulfuric acid but has anyone ever done this and will it be a reliable test? Also, I know both chemicals are very dangerous, do I need any special equipment for this, especially for safety? And what kind of container should I keep it in? Im guessing an empty water bottle just isnt going to cut it :)

Thanks for any advice.

You'll need a glass tube, a pipette and probably a glass stirring rod. Something to help you pour the solutions in the container as well.

Remember, you're dealing with a highly corrosive acid and a toxic chemical, so be extremely careful. Wear rubber gloves, eye ware and a mask and DON'T SPILL. Do it over a glass tray or something just in case.

Sulfuric acid will eat through a lot of things, so make sure you're using glass for anything that comes into contact with it. If it gets on your skin, flush it under water for 10+ minutes.

As for how to make it, I've seen some pretty detailed guides but I can't seem to find them..... they were posted here on BL, but pulled from another site.

Ok I'm heading to a chemistry shop tomorrow to see if they can help.... Actually I am thinking, and hoping they will make it for me, as its such a simple mix. Or at least I hope I don't need to buy 1 liter of sulfuric acid as that's gonna be a bit of a pain to deal with. If I get a small amount, Ill just take the small amount of formaldehyde and put it in, right? Obviously what ever container they sell me the acid in would also be ok for storing the marquis, and the formaldehyde while very toxic is not as dangerous or corrosive as the sulfuric acid so should be relatively easy and safe to handle.

The thing I really don't get... everywhere I research this tells me how DANGEROUS it is... but if the marquis you buy from dancesafe is actually the same mix or chemicals... isn't it just as dangerous to use for testing as it would be to make? I mean you still have to take these highly toxic and corrosive chemicals and put them to a plate etc. Why is it any more dangerous to mix them?

Ok I'm heading to a chemistry shop tomorrow to see if they can help.... Actually I am thinking, and hoping they will make it for me, as its such a simple mix. Or at least I hope I don't need to buy 1 liter of sulfuric acid as that's gonna be a bit of a pain to deal with. If I get a small amount, Ill just take the small amount of formaldehyde and put it in, right? Obviously what ever container they sell me the acid in would also be ok for storing the marquis, and the formaldehyde while very toxic is not as dangerous or corrosive as the sulfuric acid so should be relatively easy and safe to handle.

The thing I really don't get... everywhere I research this tells me how DANGEROUS it is... but if the marquis you buy from dancesafe is actually the same mix or chemicals... isn't it just as dangerous to use for testing as it would be to make? I mean you still have to take these highly toxic and corrosive chemicals and put them to a plate etc. Why is it any more dangerous to mix them?

Because when mixing them in larger amounts you're more likely to have splashing or spilling. The tiny amounts used per test on the plate are not going to do much damage.

Sorry for the 3 week delay, been a busy month. Today I got the ingredients.

95%-98% sulfuric acid and 37% formaldehyde, a liter of each. a 50cc glass bottle with plastic pipette lid for storing the made mixture in. Also a glass funnel, glass measuring beaker and a 5ml plastic measuring pipette to measure out the right amounts.

For safety we will use rubber dish washing gloves, a glass baking tray and make the mixture on a balcony for ventilation. I know it would be ideal to have masks and goggles in a lab but this is the safest we can make it on our budget.

The recipe I will use is 45ml sulfuric acid to aprox 2.5ml formaldehyde.

Once we make it we have some blue ghosts (assumed to be legit) to test, if the liquid goes black, we party :)

Will post back my results after its finished. Oh and btw the total cost was around 7 euros for equipment and chemicals and can make easily 10 or more kits.

Nice. Let us know how it works for you, I might be interested in making the Mandelin reagent if you don't have much trouble

Just want to check, if we make the test and it turns from clear to yellow then brown with sugar but nothing happens with the pill, or something other than blue/black happens... it definitely means that the pill is bad right? Not the kit? I dont wanna throw away a bunch of pills because i made the test wrong or something.

the sugar test is a bit iffy, but it sounds like it was working right.

I would try and find some adderall or other pharmaceutical speed that you know would give you a proper orange reaction

the sugar test is a bit iffy, but it sounds like it was working right.

I would try and find some adderall or other pharmaceutical speed that you know would give you a proper orange reaction
You know, I've tested adderall and got no reaction to the marquis. IDK why. But aspirin is always red reaction...

Sounds like a bad pill. the sugar test should be a good indicator but if you want to test something else, aspirin is relatively cheap and easily accessible.

^ Was it extended release adderall? They coat that shit in some kind of time release matrix, there's a really small ratio of active drug to filler in the ERs

I agree that it's most likely just a bad pill though.

^ Was it extended release adderall? They coat that shit in some kind of time release matrix, there's a really small ratio of active drug to filler in the ERs

I agree that it's most likely just a bad pill though.

I don't remember if it was timed or instant. I just remember thinking "wtf I thought the marquis reacted to amphetamine". I know it reacts to meth though.

check this out. Note, no marquis reaction :)

This one says orange.

This, this, and this one says no reaction.

So out of 5 tabs, only one reacted orange. Weird. IDK.

I know the meth goes orange for sure though

Fuck that is weird lol :\ I mean, regular old amphetamine will react... the Canadian speed pills aren't always meth, but they still all react orange.

I got no clue haha... but I do know that ecstasydata doesn't always list the reagent reactions with the pills. Especially if they get a ton of pills to test at once, they just do one real fast and move on to the next.

Ok we did it last night and worked perfectly :) Here's how we made it:
IMG_2439.jpg

We did outside on a windy day and no problems from the fumes, did wrap a scarf around my face just in case though.

Sugar went slowly yellow then eventually brown, blue ghost pill went instantly dark purple to black, white diamond seemed to just go instantly black.