• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids home detoxing from 20 mg. methadone...but with help of benzos and clonidine..need hel

punkftl

Bluelighter
Swim been currently on 20 mg. Of methadone for about 6 months. Swim has also been in methadone treatment for 6 years and the highest dose reached was 165mg. It is now 10:30 pm E.S.T
And swim took his last dose of methadone at Sunday morning 8:00 am. Swim has a considerable back-up of medications including clonidine .3mg. tablets, xanax 2mg. tabs, tramadol 50mg.
What do you guys think of these combinations?

Beating my usual dead horse here, harmala alkaloids will help you more than those meds together. Use a few grams of peganum harmala seeds a day, use the xanax to kill off the worst anxiety and skip the clonidine and tramadol all together. There is a thread about harmalas and opiate wd in the neuroscience section.

Those are pretty common meds for use in opiate detox. They make things a little better, but no way to avoid the brunt of the pain. Can be the difference from not sleep and 3-4 hours, which is a big deal. Usually doctors perefer to give a longer acting benzo(klonopin or valium) or a weaker 1(ativan), but its better than getting a weaker 1 like ativan. Mainly its the risk of addiction to the xanax that makes drs avoid it, but in the 2-3 weeks its takes to w/d off methadone you won't catch some horrible habit(unless you are popping like 4+ mg a day for that period, which might be tempting, but if they are prescribed I doubt you have enough for that), just have to stop once you are better. Good luck.

You're lucky that you have the Benzodiazepines at your disposal. You're aware that the first two weeks are generally the worst? Base your self-medicating on this fact. I've jumped off at 30mg before and it's definitely not easy. I would avoid the Tramdol. Don't introduce new Opioids into your system unless you absolutely have to. Using Opioids can and does prolong the withdrawal syndrome disproportionately to dose.

Are you aware of Gabapentin and can you acquire it?