View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Hives & DXM? (First time use)

doyoulikedrugs

Greenlighter
Is it likely from a full bottle of robo (dxm only) that one can break into hives (lasting 2 weeks) the day after but not during the trip? Had an overall great experience (no robo itch, great trip) besides this, and am wondering if this is only a one time reaction or something that will happen every time? Any help is appreciated as there doesn't seem to be much info on hives caused by dxm.

Seems like an allergic reaction to me. There's many different metabolites with DXM. There's one that's active in your system even after the high.

Try an anti-histamine to see if it may work. The only way to know if it's a one time thing or not is to do it again eh?

Can you describe the hives? Were there a lot or a few? Where did they first develop? Were they rather symmetrical or splotchy? DXM has been known to cause fixed drug eruption which can manifest a day or longer after ingesting.

Started on the arms and gradually moved everywhere except my face basically. Worst was on bis/tris and in crevice underneath knee. So far so good btw

I would never recommend doing any drug ever again that gives you hives

The next reaction up that ladder is your throat swelling shut which leads to death if you don't have an epi pen