• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Higher dose needed = less natural serotonin?

Cdilly93

Bluelighter
Just wondering the reason why some people need considerably higher doses than others? Maybe have less serotonin to work with originally? I've always found it odd that i need about 200mg to get where most of my friends are at with 100mg, some need 150mg, etc. we all stick to the once a month rule, so time in between rolls isnt a factor of why some of us need much more than others. All of our weight are fairly similar aswell, some of my buddies actually weigh more than me and still roll balls off of just the 100mg

Have you used mdma more in total than said friends??
Another thought I had was some people are just more sensitive to drugs and there effects (opiates to stims) in general.

AFAIK there's no published research on this, so nobody knows.

Once-per-month rolling is enough to raise your tolerance over time. Take a break for a few months and lower your expectations, then you'll be able to feel more effects from a smaller dose.

Some people just simply have a higher tolerance to drugs than others. Any drugs that ive done ive always been able to handle higher doses than friends with equal experience. When i start out standard dose is sufficient but my tolerance builds up much faster and greater than my friends.

Very much also when a group of people take mdma together at equal doses and some in the group get better results than others is because many things can effect the quality of rolling effects, such as mood, atmosphere, medications and etc. So mdma can SOMETIMES be inaccurate when comparing with people.

So many endless factors can effect your question and yes maybe somebody who's brain function is greater in mdma effected areas may roll harder than others on equal mdma. Thats why a healthy lifestyle(eating healthy, exercising, good sleep cycle and getting sunshine) can help give optimum rolling results.

Simply everybody's different health and DNA greatly effects their experience on MDMA

it's the factor "individual differences". ;)
could really be anything... differences in speed of liver enzymes, other factors concerning absorption/distribution/elimination, mutations/polymorphisms in serotonin receptors or the serotonin transporter leading to different binding of mdma or a slight different function/speed/whatever making mdma less effective, mutations in any of the hundreds of downstream enzymes, ....

if you really want to know you'd need to do a large study with lots of participants and sequence their genomes. certainly doable, but good luck getting any funding for that ;)

it's the factor "individual differences". ;)
could really be anything... differences in speed of liver enzymes, other factors concerning absorption/distribution/elimination, mutations/polymorphisms in serotonin receptors or the serotonin transporter leading to different binding of mdma or a slight different function/speed/whatever making mdma less effective, mutations in any of the hundreds of downstream enzymes, ....

if you really want to know you'd need to do a large study with lots of participants and sequence their genomes. certainly doable, but good luck getting any funding for that ;)
Top notch answer