• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

High tolerance for Vyvanse

Hatersbackoff

Greenlighter
So I’ve alwahs had a high tolerance for all drugs, which sucks I know. One I always wanted to try was adderall, and turns out I actually need it for my adhd. It worked the first few days. It was awesome. I could actually work well and even socialized better. I have bad social anxiety too. I was taking 10mg twice a day. She upped it to 20mg 3 times a day because I told her I already ran out. I’m not trying to get into detail here. So the next prescription was 90 pills and those were gone in a week and a half. I just kept snorting them because that’s what it came down to and I was really trying not to abuse them but fuck, it happened. Just takes a lot to work. One day I took 7 by mouth and snorted 4 they out the day. Nothing even happened dude. So anyways I messaged my doctor and told her it stopped working so she prescribed me Vyvanse. That’s cool, I heard good things. But no! Maybe I should have took a two day break before taking things, but I took one and it didn’t do shit all day so when night time came I said fuck it took two more then 4 more then two more later on. All within 24 hours and nothing. I just feel kind of irritable. That’s it. So this sucks. Now what?

Hey, welcome to Bluelight hatersbackoff :)

You've been abusing your meds mate, as you admitted :\ If you use so much, they simply stop working (you develop tolerance). And you really shouldn't snort them. The idea of treating ADHD is not to get high or feel fantastic, but to help you focus and concentrate better. And that requires modest doses taken orally (to slow the effect). If you have anxiety on top of that, you may require a prescription of something different alongside your ADHD meds.

My suggestion to you is to stop taking anything for a whole week. You need a wash out period. This will help to reduce your tolerance. Then begin taking the vyvanse as prescribed (and no more), and you should feel some effect again. Ideally, don't take the vyvanse when you don't need it for concentration/focus (so maybe take the weekends off).

If you resort to taking high doses again, you're just going to get the same problem. So be careful man and think about what you really want here - which is to treat the ADHD rather than feel great all the time.

All the best,
CFC

I didn’t add much detail like I said. But when I first started taking it, I did exactly as she said. Day three comes along and it literally did me dirty lol. So I started taking three and then four. I didn’t start snorting it until my second prescription and I know that’s bad. I would actually wait a few days and then take it again and it was all good. So I’ll just take your advice though and try to wait a week, even though I’m so impatient. I just enjoyed how the adderall made me feel. Others it is constantly that way, and others it isn’t I guess. Just felt like a new, better me really. Thanks man

Yeah I do understand, honestly :)

And at the beginning, maybe the whole first year for many people, things do tend to feel real good.

But you can never really relive that 'new' feeling you experienced at the beginning - not unless you take a very long break anyway.

The thing with ADHD meds is that even though that honeymoon period does wear off, they are still working in the background to improve concentration and focus - you're just not able to 'feel' so great anymore.

It's sad that happens, but it's just the way the brain adapts to unnatural levels of stimulation. Unfortunately it means you're going to have to lower your expectations a bit, and do your best to make sure you save those larger doses for very special occasions only.

And I do need it. I really do have severe adhd. I just never knew that’s what was wrong with me. I’m literally dumb. If anything then yes I would take off the weekends. That’s a good idea!

CFC is so right. I think those with ADHD dont even notice themselves showing increased in focus and concentration as they are working out their daily lives.

Vyvanse is also kinda shitty to abuse regardless. Im not saying you cant, just less worthwhile. Perhaps you could ask about non-stimulant drugs like Intuniv or Strattera as well.

I’m so new at this site by the way. Like I always am reading other post but actually made a profile and I’m so confused. Actually didn’t even realize there was different people commenting? also says I’m on greenlighter. How do I change this to blue? Random I’m sorry

Dont worry about the GLer thing. Just means you dont have 50 posts.

new too, it's been taking me hours to figure this thing out, where I can post, when I can contact someone..why I can only sent 1 PM every 3 hours...I would think they would rather have stupid stuff like what I'm wining about in a PM...Love the site, but finding it a bit hard to navigate. good luck

Sorry to hear you're having difficulties navigating around the place guys. Pop on over to this thread and ask us some questions if you like :)