High liver (ALT) enzymes

lostsoul.On.E

Bluelighter
SUp fellas, just got my pre cycle bloods done and the only issue is i have elevated ALT enzymes at 77 (nrml range is 7-56). Would this be a big factor in not starting my cycle yet? i Want to do my first test 500mg/wk cycle and have been patiently waiting. I know im ready but just dont want this to be an issue. I actually had elevated ALT and AST a month ago and my retest now shows only elevated ALT.

What you think guys, ive been patiently waiting my gear has been teasing me i got major blue balls over here.

Other than that everything is fine. Test is low for my age but i feel like my test has always been low. my level is 352 at 25 years old. LH at 3.9 and FSH at 4.4. Estrogen at 15.1 and everything else is within normal range. Except for lymph's at 3.3 just outside of 3.1.

I will be supplementing throughout cycle with liver support and joint support. Got glucosamine with msm for joints and NAC for liver support with fish oils and multivitamins.

I want to do my first injection tomm but if you see any conflicting issues with this i will gladly take your advice.

SUp fellas, just got my pre cycle bloods done and the only issue is i have elevated ALT enzymes at 77 (nrml range is 7-56). Would this be a big factor in not starting my cycle yet? i Want to do my first test 500mg/wk cycle and have been patiently waiting. I know im ready but just dont want this to be an issue. I actually had elevated ALT and AST a month ago and my retest now shows only elevated ALT.

What you think guys, ive been patiently waiting my gear has been teasing me i got major blue balls over here.

Other than that everything is fine. Test is low for my age but i feel like my test has always been low. my level is 352 at 25 years old. LH at 3.9 and FSH at 4.4. Estrogen at 15.1 and everything else is within normal range. Except for lymph's at 3.3 just outside of 3.1.

I will be supplementing throughout cycle with liver support and joint support. Got glucosamine with msm for joints and NAC for liver support with fish oils and multivitamins.

I want to do my first injection tomm but if you see any conflicting issues with this i will gladly take your advice.

ALT is often shown as higher than normal in strength trained athletes, don't worry about it for now... Monitor levels..

ALT is often shown as higher than normal in strength trained athletes, don't worry about it for now... Monitor levels..

Thanks man, im hoping thats the case. I did read somewhere ALT can be raised from strenuous activities.

Yo GF! i need your opinion over here ol' wise one. You're the top dog around these parts. What you think? Iv'e got my finger on the plunger.

Yo GF! i need your opinion over here ol' wise one. You're the top dog around these parts. What you think? Iv'e got my finger on the plunger.

As previously stated strength trained athletes do show elevated liver enzymes post exercise, It has long been known that physical exercise results in transient elevations of liver function tests.. Although some medical professionals still take some convincing its not liver damage, only a response to heavy physical exercise..!!

It took me many hours of research and thousands of dollars to convince Immigration NZ medical examiners, I wasn't clinically obese, with Hep-B+C, HIV positive, severe liver damage and dead..!!

So in a nutshell..... You're good to go..!! Here's some science..!!

Muscular exercise can cause highly pathological liver function tests in healthy men
Jonas Pettersson, Ulf Hindorf, Mats Ekelund

Abstract
Aim
To investigate the effect of intensive muscular exercise (weightlifting) on clinical chemistry parameters reflecting liver function in healthy men.

Methods
Fifteen healthy men, used to moderate physical activity not including weightlifting, performed an 1 h long weightlifting programme. Blood was sampled for clinical chemistry parameters [aspartate aminotransferase (AST), alanine aminotransferase (ALT), lactate dehydrogenase (LD), gamma-glutamyl transferase (γGT), alkaline phosphatase (ALP), bilirubin, creatine kinase (CK) and myoglobin] at repeated intervals during 7 days postexercise and at a follow-up examination 10–12 days postexercise.

Results
Five out of eight studied clinical chemistry parameters (AST, ALT, LD, CK and myoglobin) increased significantly after exercise (P < 0.01) and remained increased for at least 7 days postexercise. Bilirubin, γGT and ALP remained within the normal range.

Conclusion
The liver function parameters, AST and ALT, were significantly increased for at least 7 days after the exercise. In addition, LD and, in particular, CK and myoglobin showed highly elevated levels. These findings highlight the importance of imposing restrictions on weightlifting prior to and during clinical studies. Intensive muscular exercise, e.g. weightlifting, should also be considered as a cause of asymptomatic elevations of liver function tests in daily clinical practice.

Thanks for all the info GF! you always come through with info to back up your claims and studies also!

Just so i fully understand what you are saying... Enzymes are raised in result to weightlifting but the raise in enzymes are not related to actual harm or inflammation of the liver or other organs?

Im going to start on weds, ill make sure to take a blood test 4 weeks in to my cycle to see where i stand.